Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conspiracy Theory

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Lol McElroy is horrible. He did exactly what Sanchez did in the 2nd half, hand the ball off. 29 yards on 6 completions.
    Really???

The big difference is that McElroy threw the game's only touchdown in about a quarter of play, something Suckchez was unable to do in 3 quarters of play.

The other thing that McElroy did not do, was turn the ball over - something that Suckchez couldn't stop doing - as in throwing 3 INT's.

Sanchez couldn't even get through the Jacksonville game last weekend without fumbling the ball away to the other team at least once. If he's not throwing Picks, he's fumbling the damn ball away, Suckchez is a f_ckin train wreck, probably THE WORST starting QB in the league - or damn close to it.

I would take McElroy over Suckchez in a New York minute and never look back.

If you want to look at why the Jets don't make the playoffs this year you need not look any further then the turnover machine that is Mark Suckchez....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 12-11-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Big difference being that McElroy threw the game's only touchdown in about a half a quarter of play, something Sanchez was unable to do in 3 1/2 quarters of play.

The other thing that McElroy did not do was turn the ball over - something that Sanchez couldn't stop doing.

Sanchez couldn't even get through the Jacksonville game with fumbling the ball away to the other team at least once. If he's throwing Picks he's fumbling the damn ball away, Suckchez is a f_ckin train wreck, probably THE WORST starting QB in the league - or damn close to it.

I would take McElroy over Suckchez in New York minute and never look back.

If you want to look at why the Jets don't make the playoffs this year you need not look any further then the turnover machine that is Mark Suckchez....
    Thank you. The entire point isn't the McElroy will come in and play at a probowl level, it's that he's (generally) not going to make the stupid mistakes that Intchez does. The simple fact that he knew when to just get rid of the ball instead of lobbing the ball up for anyone who wanted it and getting picked off or taking a sack is a MASSIVE improvement over Failchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Lol McElroy is horrible. He did exactly what Sanchez did in the 2nd half, hand the ball off. 29 yards on 6 completions.

I know people want McElroy because he is not Sanchez. The fact is he's worse and not the answer.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    He may not be the answer, but to say he's 'horrible' without seeing what he is capable of is just stupid and moronic. How is he worse? No one knows. You sure don't either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Thank you. The entire point isn't the McElroy will come in and play at a probowl level, it's that he's (generally) not going to make the stupid mistakes that Intchez does. The simple fact that he knew when to just get rid of the ball instead of lobbing the ball up for anyone who wanted it and getting picked off or taking a sack is a MASSIVE improvement over Failchez.
    Didn't McElroy throw an INT that was negated by a penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Didn't McElroy throw an INT that was negated by a penalty?
    From what I recall, he was going to either Stephen or Jeremy and they were held when Mac threw the ball so they ended up out of position and the DB got there. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

In any event, what did Sanchez throw? 3 picks, 0 TDs? I'll take an almost pick and 1 TD over that Failchez crap.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    My brother just came up with this one. I don't buy in, but I thought it was interesting.

Rex and the rest of the Jets organization knows that McElroy at this moment gives the Jets the best chance to win, but they also know he has an expiration tag because once NFL D coaches have enough film on him, he will be ineffective. With this knowledge they are avoiding going to McElroy unless it is absolutely needed for the win. They never dreamed in a million years that they could not beat the Jags with Sanchez, which is why they removed the temptation (and pressure) of having McElroy available by removing him from the active roster this past week.

The plan going forward is to attempt to make the playoffs by winning out going with Sanchez until he craps the bed requiring the insertion of McElroy. This plan is an effort to limit the amount for film on McElroy for the purpose of increasing McElroy's effectiveness when he does play in the few reamining games and/or the playoffs.

According to my brother, this also explains Rex's tortured logic regarding McElroy being inactive this past week and his Mark gives us the best chance to win mantra. IMO, Rex is just stupid, and could never be this devious in his thinking, but I though I'd toss it out there because I can't call my brother an idiot -- I love the guy.
    Your brother sounds like a typical battered and bruised, bleeding on the brain, mentally fried Jet fan....I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Your brother sounds like a typical battered and bruised, bleeding on the brain, mentally fried Jet fan....I like him.
    So, true. We both love the Jets. The difference is that I'm a realist and he is a dreamer. I can't tell you how man Sunday nights I've spent talking him in off the ledge. He ALWAYS thinks the Jets are one move away from reversing their fortunes, gets his hopes sky high when any little positive thing happens, and then invariably gets his hopes dashed. That beer commercial about superstitions to help your team win...that's him. Except he makes it up as he goes. If a good play happens while he is doing something, he does it again. Quite frankly, he's nuts.

So, true. We both love the Jets. The difference is that I'm a realist and he is a dreamer. I can't tell you how man Sunday nights I've spent talking him in off the ledge. He ALWAYS thinks the Jets are one move away from reversing their fortunes, gets his hopes sky high when any little positive thing happens, and then invariably gets his hopes dashed. That beer commercial about superstitions to help your team win...that's him. Except he makes it up as he goes. If a good play happens while he is doing something, he does it again. Quite frankly, he's nuts.
    Awesome, he reminds me of my budddy that died in 2010, the dude had that same crazy Jet fan personality, I used to write down every crazy football comment he came up with on the wall of my apartment in the 90's, he was a one of a kind pisser...Nothing he ever came up with ever made a bit of sense but it had us all rolling as we watched all the epic Jet collapses

Rookie
    Priceless!