Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 112

Thread: Greg McElroy the New Brett Ratliff.

  1. #1

    Greg McElroy the New Brett Ratliff.

    This is by not means in defense of Sanchez who has been 100% horrible as has the entire offense.
    That being said why is it we Jet fans get a hold of scrubs and turn them into imaginary stars? I wish McElroy was the guy but honestly the guy just does not have the physical tools to get the job done. Ratliff on the other hand had all the tools but I guess none of the brains to get the job done.
    Point is if Sanchez is not the answer then its very likely that nobody on the roster is.
    Time to move on and draft or sign a good QB and stop wishing upon a star.

  2. #2
    Greg is no star. He's simply smarter and will make better decisions.

    That's why he should start over Intchez.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    This is by not means in defense of Sanchez who has been 100% horrible as has the entire offense.
    That being said why is it we Jet fans get a hold of scrubs and turn them into imaginary stars? I wish McElroy was the guy but honestly the guy just does not have the physical tools to get the job done. Ratliff on the other hand had all the tools but I guess none of the brains to get the job done.
    Point is if Sanchez is not the answer then its very likely that nobody on the roster is.
    Time to move on and draft or sign a good QB and stop wishing upon a star.
    a voice of reason.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,169
    decisions don't overcome arm strength ask chad Pennington.. And McElroy Deep ball attempt was all I needed to see to know he isn't the answer.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    I just don't get the McElroy love. If he were so great, someone on the team would see it in practice and we would be hearing about it, probably from "anonymous sources"

    Sanchez is having another terrible season, but (like it or not) he's the best QB on the team. Sad but true.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    decisions don't overcome arm strength ask chad Pennington.. And McElroy Deep ball attempt was all I needed to see to know he isn't the answer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEI03oOE6is

    Yet THAT'S the answer? ok, lol.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,654
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I just don't get the McElroy love. If he were so great, someone on the team would see it in practice and we would be hearing about it, probably from "anonymous sources"

    Sanchez is having another terrible season, but (like it or not) he's the best QB on the team. Sad but true.
    Everyone loves the back up QB until he becomes the starter.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Everyone loves the back up QB until he becomes the starter.
    3rd string QB is the best job on earth. $300-500k a year to go to practice and stand on the sideline every Sunday.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEI03oOE6is

    Yet THAT'S the answer? ok, lol.
    That's cool but no where in my post did I say Sanchez was the guy..

    Funny thing is that plays means nothing to me it's just another turnover .

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    ratliff didn't have anywhere close the background that mcelroy does

    mcelroy can and will be a solid nfl backup, ratliff was never more than a extra body on the roster

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,654
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    3rd string QB is the best job on earth. $300-500k a year to go to practice and stand on the sideline every Sunday.
    Pretty much. No pressure, no expectations, people think you are better at your job than you really are. Good work if you can get it.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    That's cool but no where in my post did I say Sanchez was the guy..

    Funny thing is that plays means nothing to me it's just another turnover .
    But that's my point. Sanchez turns the ball over at an impressive rate and makes HORRIBLE decisions. With McElroy, we'd simply ask him to be a game manager. Instead, we're going with the game loser.

    Absolutely no one is saying McElroy is going to be the future of our franchise. We're simply asking that the guy who doesn't turn it over all the time play instead of our INT machine.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Pretty much. No pressure, no expectations, people think you are better at your job than you really are. Good work if you can get it.
    Not to mention everyone thinks your Rhode scholar .. So when your career is over you easily get a coaching job ..

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    But that's my point. Sanchez turns the ball over at an impressive rate and makes HORRIBLE decisions. With McElroy, we'd simply ask him to be a game manager. Instead, we're going with the game loser.

    Absolutely no one is saying McElroy is going to be the future of our franchise. We're simply asking that the guy who doesn't turn it over all the time play instead of our INT machine.
    Now queue the tape of d backs sitting on chad Pennington routes and tell me that's what you want to go back too.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I just don't get the McElroy love. If he were so great, someone on the team would see it in practice and we would be hearing about it, probably from "anonymous sources"

    Sanchez is having another terrible season, but (like it or not) he's the best QB on the team. Sad but true.
    I think this is where the argument comes in. You have some who think McElroy should start just because Sanchez sucks. You have other that believe that even tho Sanchez sucks, he is still a better option than McElroy. I think this argument has come to a stalemate. You can see good points from both sides, but not it's just not that clear. I lean toward having Sanchez start. Not because I think he is good, but because I think he is better than McElroy.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    But that's my point. Sanchez turns the ball over at an impressive rate and makes HORRIBLE decisions. With McElroy, we'd simply ask him to be a game manager. Instead, we're going with the game loser.

    Absolutely no one is saying McElroy is going to be the future of our franchise. We're simply asking that the guy who doesn't turn it over all the time play instead of our INT machine.
    And how do we know that when Greg McElroy gets to be the starter his decision making ability will be great? We have 7 pass attempts to base a judgement...7 passes against the Cards....

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    And how do we know that when Greg McElroy gets to be the starter his decision making ability will be great? We have 7 pass attempts to base a judgement...7 passes against the Cards....

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    The simple fact that he knows to just get rid of it when there's nothing there instead of taking a sack or forcing it and getting picked off shows that he can make great decisions.

    Again, I'm not saying Greg is a great QB or anything like that. I'm simply saying Mark is a dumb mother****er and should never start again.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    But that's my point. Sanchez turns the ball over at an impressive rate and makes HORRIBLE decisions. With McElroy, we'd simply ask him to be a game manager. Instead, we're going with the game loser.

    Absolutely no one is saying McElroy is going to be the future of our franchise. We're simply asking that the guy who doesn't turn it over all the time play instead of our INT machine.
    McElroy is no threat to pass more than 15 yards.

    The D will jump every short route once they get tape on him and it will be a disaster just as bad if not worse than Sanchez.

    Pennington had the same problem, and he was MUCH better than Greg.

    I really don't know what you guys expect from this dude.

  19. #19
    It takes a special kind of fan to watch four years of Sanchez being one of the worst QBs in the league and then turn around and completely dismiss a third string QB that almost perfectly executed four drives to win a game.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    McElroy is no threat to pass more than 15 yards.

    The D will jump every short route once they get tape on him and it will be a disaster just as bad if not worse than Sanchez.

    Pennington had the same problem, and he was MUCH better than Greg.

    I really don't know what you guys expect from this dude.
    Let's give him the rest of the starts so he can prove you right then. We're not going anywhere with Intchez, so why not at least take a little look? Doesn't even matter if it's Greg, either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us