Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Greg McElroy the New Brett Ratliff.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If you're even remotely interested, it's almost impossible not to see someone's join date whilst looking at their post. You'd have to affirmatively cover your eyes to avoid that information.
    Point being I am not interested at all. I remember being on this site when it was in love with Ratliff. If you were here you remember, if not thats ok too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I'm no Hall of Famer.....just your normal mild mannered website owner.

You may be familiar with the site.
    Congrats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    April fool in December.

This has to be a prank .

Nobody is this dense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    April fool in December.

This has to be a prank .

Nobody is this dense.
    Not sure what you mean. Ok I get it the guy owns the site. What should I do? Is he going to beat me up for saying something benign to him? Whats with all the butt kissing?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Ok I get it the guy owns the site. What should I do? Is he going to beat me up for saying something benign to him? Whats with all the butt kissing?
    It's holiday time. I'm waiting for my bonus. Gotta suck up to the boss...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Guy.

You are the one who brought up how much time "your opponent" had on the site.

He rightfully disagreed with your assinine assertion without mentioning his role here.

Now you are playing Mr. Fight the power.

I suggest you shut it, because not only are you wrong, you are taking advantage of Sooth's benevolence with your posturing.

Just let it go.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is it possible for u to be a poster on this site since 2003 and not know who the Owner is.

This has to be a Joke.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4721931]Guy.

He rightfully disagreed with your assinine assertion without mentioning his role here.

I suggest you shut it, because not only are you wrong, you are taking advantage of Sooth's benevolence with your posturing.

Just let it go.

People like you actually made a lot more then its worth. I didnt know how long he has been here and I didnt check. What do you want me to do? I get it he owns this place. Cool and I get it...I think.
    Not sure what this posturing you are speaking of. We are on a website about the Jets. Get over it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    How is it possible for u to be a poster on this site since 2003 and not know who the Owner is.

This has to be a Joke.
    I dont want to swear on anything but in all honesty never even cared to think about this place having an "owner". So say what you will I really didnt know he was the owner and regardless of that nothing was said that would offend someone. At least not in my world.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok great. First of all I have never given it much thought if this "place" had an owner. If it did, so what? We are men (most of us) and we are allowed to disagree or not check someones "credentials" if thats what we feel like doing. Didnt say anything out of bounds or disrespectful at all. Next time before posting something I will check out resumes as to not offend anyone.
    You'd have to be in a coma not to know that after posting here for 9 freaking years.

You'll be hearing from Lance Mehl's attorneys regarding the revocation of your username and board-posting rights.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;4721938]
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Guy.

Just let it go.

People like you actually made a lot more then its worth. I didnt know how long he has been here and I didnt check. What do you want me to do? I get it he owns this place. Cool and I get it...I think.
    Not sure what this posturing you are speaking of. We are on a website about the Jets. Get over it.

No harm meant

If anything it was a welcome distraction from Braylon love-fest.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4721951]

No harm meant

If anything it was a welcome distraction from Braylon love-fest.
    No prob. Who did we pick up?

Kidding.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is by not means in defense of Sanchez who has been 100% horrible as has the entire offense.
    That being said why is it we Jet fans get a hold of scrubs and turn them into imaginary stars? I wish McElroy was the guy but honestly the guy just does not have the physical tools to get the job done. Ratliff on the other hand had all the tools but I guess none of the brains to get the job done.
    Point is if Sanchez is not the answer then its very likely that nobody on the roster is.
    Time to move on and draft or sign a good QB and stop wishing upon a star.
    Back on topic:

I'd like to know how anyone can assert this as fact.

Almost everyone agreed he is a good decision maker, is accurate, reads defenses, is good with ball security, etc, etc.

Accuracy means he can throw it into a small window. He's smart and he's a proven winner. IMO if he gets reps with the WR's they'll figure out how to make (whatever his max) deep ball connections.

We all know our WR's get open. We've complained about it all year that Mark just doesn't see them etc, etc. IMO, Greg will see them and get the ball into the small window at his max distance and that is all a QB really needs to keep a defense honest.

PS: Don't tell me the coaches don't see it in practice. Greg doesn't get reps so how would the coaches see it? Mark gets the starts because we're wedded to him, period.

PPS: Even if you disagree with me you have to grant that it's possible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Fact is McElroy will probably never be more than a #2. And Mark Sanchez would never be more than a #3 on 90% in the NFL right now.. After his contract is up, I assume he will be lucky to find a chance to "compete for #2 with the #3 somewhere. So take away contracts, draft position, whos jobs on the line, ect. McElroy would be the starter since Mark is #3 (fact) McElroy is a #2 (maybe) since we dont have a #1.

McElroy is a guy I wouldnt mind being the #2, if we had a true #1. he showed he can handle pressure (coming in for the blowhard down 3-0 late in game 1st ever NFL snap counts as pressure) was very poised and smart with ball.. Smart kid.. Ofcourse if the team is planning to start mark next year (a #3 qb) because of the contract, I can understand the jets wanted to bring in a experienced #2, or a #1a type guy..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy has several qualities that make him an attractive candidate to
    take over the currently vacant (or does it just seem that way) QB position.

1) he is not Mark Sanchez
    2) he is not Tim Tebow
    3) he is on the Jet's Roster
    4) he is breathing
    5) he has no demonstrated history of committing "avoidable"
    turnovers (otherwise known as boneheaded turnovers).
    6) his only game experience resulted in as much yards in
    the 4th quarter as Sanchez had in the first 3 quarters.
    7) he knows that Sooth owns JI
    8) he is not Mark Sanchez

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    McElroy has several qualities that make him an attractive candidate to
    take over the currently vacant (or does it just seem that way) QB position.

1) he is not Mark Sanchez
    2) he is not Tim Tebow
    3) he is on the Jet's Roster
    4) he is breathing
    5) he has no demonstrated history of committing "avoidable"
    turnovers (otherwise known as boneheaded turnovers).
    6) his only game experience resulted in as much yards in
    the 4th quarter as Sanchez had in the first 3 quarters.
    7) he knows that Sooth owns JI
    8) he is not Mark Sanchez

lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We know Sanchez fumbles when hit. A lot.

I don't think we've seen Greg get hit yet, so the jury's still out on that one. To those saying he must be better than Sanchez on that front - he might be better, he might be worse. We as fans jsut don't know.

As for Greg vs The Rat ... just remember The Rat had another future-HOF-player-who'd-be-great-if-only-he-got-to-play-more ... CLOWNEY!!

Just my own opinion, but McElroy strikes me as a guy who would work as a backup but not so well as a starter ... he might not win the game for you, but he won't lose it for you. You can do that as a backup, but not as a starter. Sure, he helped us win the Arizona game. But wait till teams get tape on him and know he's the starter that they have to game plan for, and his job will become a LOT harder. It's why a lot of 2nd year QB's struggle, and why I don't think the last 2-3 games this year is enough to properly evaluate the guy. All it can tell you is if he is NOT the answer - it won't tell you he is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Greg is no star. He's simply smarter and will make better decisions.

That's why he should start over Intchez.
    The sad fact is that Macelroy could do everything that Sanchez is asked to do with less TOs.
    It's all about the bejamins & Sanchez unfortunately has been paid a lot of money & we have invested a lot of time.
    Tanny needs to be fired for these decisions alone. let alone thinking that Hunter could be our starting RT.
    It's funny that all of the fans fears going into this season came to fruition.
    Hunter
    WRs
    Old slow LBs
    Blocking TE
    Giving Mark an extension

Every one of these things was discussed ad nauseum in the off season & each & every one has come back & bitten us in the azz.
    This team EASILY makes the playoffs if 2 of the above were dealt with in the offseason.
    What really makes someone like Tannenbaum smarter than the average bear?
    It's not rocket science but these guys will stand in front of a microphone & explain how COMPLICATED this is & that listening to the fans is something they would never consider!

If the Jets brass let the Jet fans decide the draft we would have had Dan Marino, Warren Sapp, Ed Reed, & the list goes on.
    It's pretty funny actually when they play those Draft clips each year with Jet fans with incredulous looks on their faces.

It's funny that those 2 brothers were killed on these sites for disagreeing on the Sanchez pick, (clips of them shaking their heads in disagreement), I have no idea who they wanted in that draft but it turns out the joke was on all of us.
    Sanchez will never be worthy of that 5 spot & all the money we paid him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    well said and I agree. Many Suckchez supporters will attack every QB we ever get. They love their hero. Many of us do not! But this is a team game. We should all want the Jets to win games and finally a Super Bowl. I wonder if any of the Sucky fans think that Sucky is a SB-type QB? I don't! He looked pathetic against the Jaguars except for one throw! Possibly the worst defense in the NFL and Sucky did zilch yet his fans have a need to attack every other QB on the team just as long as their star plays. It matters not whether it is poorly or well. Just play Suckchez!

McElroy may not be the answer but he did in one quarter+ what Sucky did not do in nearly three quarters against a team that had a QB playing that was as bad as Suckchez. The Card defense was on the field as much as ours until McElroy worked his way into the end zone! Just sayin'.....
    Sanchez wore out the Cards defense allowing Macelroy to win the game & be the hero.
    It's kind of like loosening the lid on a jar.

That's what the Sanchez fans will have us believe anyway,lol.