Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Greg McElroy the New Brett Ratliff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Oh boy how I would love for this team to be held back by only Mark Sanchez. Have you seen the rest of this team? To say Sanchez is our problem is wrong. He is only 1 problem of which we have many.
    When your QB leads the league in TOs, HE IS THE #1 PROBLEM!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    McElroy has several qualities that make him an attractive candidate to
    take over the currently vacant (or does it just seem that way) QB position.

1) he is not Mark Sanchez
    2) he is not Tim Tebow
    3) he is on the Jet's Roster
    4) he is breathing
    5) he has no demonstrated history of committing "avoidable"
    turnovers (otherwise known as boneheaded turnovers).
    6) his only game experience resulted in as much yards in
    the 4th quarter as Sanchez had in the first 3 quarters.
    7) he knows that Sooth owns JI
    8) he is not Mark Sanchez
    You can look at this way Marks one pass to Cumberland of 35 yards to help seal the game against Jacksonville, is more than McElroy's 1.5 quarters of play (29 yards).
    .....Just saying

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    You can look at this way Marks one pass to Cumberland of 35 yards to help seal the game against Jacksonville, is more than McElroy's 1.5 quarters of play (29 yards).
    .....Just saying
    The problem is that the Jax game was ever in a position to need to be "sealed" late in the 4th quarter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is that the Jax game was ever in a position to need to be "sealed" late in the 4th quarter.
    So, Mark finally did something useful in......wait, how many games?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets were losing when Mark was benched
    The Jets won the game

Macelroy 1- Sanchez 0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So, Mark finally did something useful in......wait, how many games?
    Mark just needs a couple of more games to get up to NFL speed.
    So like 65 games should do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Mark just needs a couple of more games to get up to NFL speed.
    So like 65 games should do it.
    Fantastic! DA FRNACHISE! DA FU-CHUH!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the sentiment that everyone needs to get a "fair shot" at being a starter.

Fair or not, but not everyone gets their fair shot in the NFl, no one is drafted (or even drafted at all) in the same position, no one is payed identically and if you have coaching turn over, guys will be favored more than others. This isn't just an occurrence with this team but probably every team int he NFL. There's probably been guys who have come and gone in this league that could have been hall of famers but they didn't get their "fair shake" . But that's the reality of the business, the chances of you being a starter in this league and being productive without being picked in the first three rounds I would wager is very slim.

Should McElroy start? I can't know for sure, unless he plays (I'd still wager no)

Will McElroy get his "shot", chances are it's a no, whether it'd be Rex or any other coach in this league, statistically McElroy's chances of starting without some time of major injury ahead of him are slim to none

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    I don't get the sentiment that everyone needs to get a "fair shot" at being a starter.

Fair or not, but not everyone gets their fair shot in the NFl, no one is drafted (or even drafted at all) in the same position, no one is payed identically and if you have coaching turn over, guys will be favored more than others. This isn't just an occurrence with this team but probably every team int he NFL. There's probably been guys who have come and gone in this league that could have been hall of famers but they didn't get their "fair shake" . But that's the reality of the business, the chances of you being a starter in this league and being productive without being picked in the first three rounds I would wager is very slim.

Should McElroy start? I can't know for sure, unless he plays (I'd still wager no)

Will McElroy get his "shot", chances are it's a no, whether it'd be Rex or any other coach in this league, statistically McElroy's chances of starting without some time of major injury ahead of him are slim to none
    When the current starter sucks and is a HUGE detriment to the team, the backups deserve to at least prove whether they can do any better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the current starter sucks and is a HUGE detriment to the team, the backups deserve to at least prove whether they can do any better.
    No one deserves anything, and frankly you're getting worked up over something that A) you can't control and B) That probably won't happen anyway, fairly or unfairly

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one deserves anything, and frankly you're getting worked up over something that A) you can't control and B) That probably won't happen anyway, fairly or unfairly
    Fans shouldn't be upset that their team is being destroyed? Ok, cool. Glad to know.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fans shouldn't be upset that their team is being destroyed? Ok, cool. Glad to know.
    You and fans of 31 other teams argue over the same thing year after year but to no avail, a CS and a FO 99.9% of the time will be biased toward certain players purely based on their salary, draft position, or loyalty and other unknown, potentially spectacular talents, will go their entire career without seeing the field and squatting behind someone who they are arguably better than. Such is life, such is the NFL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You and fans of 31 other teams argue over the same thing year after year but to no avail, a CS and a FO 99.9% of the time will be biased toward certain players purely based on their salary, draft position, or loyalty and other unknown, potentially spectacular talents, will go their entire career without seeing the field and squatting behind someone who they are arguably better than. Such is life, such is the NFL
    So, we can only express our opinion if we have 100% control over the situation? The **** out of here.

When we're forced to watch this stupid mother****er trot onto the field and get picked off on our FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE, we have every right to complain. The simple fact is that Mark is a turnover machine and should have STAYED on the bench after we switched to Mac against Arizona.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, we can only express our opinion if we have 100% control over the situation? The **** out of here.

When we're forced to watch this stupid mother****er trot onto the field and get picked off on our FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE, we have every right to complain. The simple fact is that Mark is a turnover machine and should have STAYED on the bench after we switched to Mac against Arizona.
    Not saying you shouldn't express your opinion anymore than I can tell the guy who tries to turn Lead into Gold that him blabbering about how rich he is going to be is not up for discussion... but that rather he might want to quell his expectations and save his breath because the astronomic numbers behind the chances he talks about is still slim to none no matter how convincing they might sound.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not saying you shouldn't express your opinion anymore than I can tell the guy who tries to turn Lead into Gold that him blabbering about how rich he is going to be is not up for discussion... but that rather he might want to quell his expectations and save his breath because the astronomic numbers behind the chances he talks about is still slim to none no matter how convincing they might sound.
    I have no expectations for this team, FO, or future. I know damn well we're going to stick with Intchez so he can drive us further into the ground. I'm simply saying that it's bull**** and we deserve better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no expectations for this team, FO, or future. I know damn well we're going to stick with Intchez so he can drive us further into the ground. I'm simply saying that it's bull**** and we deserve better.
    Take solace in the idea that hopefully by next year neither will be our starters and that we take a competent QB in the draft (with the help of a new GM)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are missing his point McGinley. Of course you have the right to complain. You can say what you want; it is, theoretically, a free country.
    But our complaints don't mean sh!t. Pro football teams are not run by someone monitoring fan web sites and relaying info to the GM.

I would like to see Greg get a full start to see what he can do. That is not going to happen if the Jets are in a playoff spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take solace in the idea that hopefully by next year neither will be our starters and that we take a competent QB in the draft (with the help of a new GM)
    Unfortunately, I don't really know if anyone coming out in this draft class is gonna be all that special.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I think you are missing his point McGinley. Of course you have the right to complain. You can say what you want; it is, theoretically, a free country.
    But our complaints don't mean sh!t. Pro football teams are not run by someone monitoring fan web sites and relaying info to the GM.

I would like to see Greg get a full start to see what he can do. That is not going to happen if the Jets are in a playoff spot.
    I didn't say they were. All I'm doing is expressing the way I feel about the situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy may not be the "next big thing".

However, at this point, mediocrity would be an improvement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    McElroy may not be the "next big thing".

However, at this point, mediocrity would be an improvement.
    Other than a couple of throws in the Miami game to Holmes, Sanchez has been a disaster.
    Macelroy might have at least limited the TOs to less than 3 a game.
    It's freaking hilarious that the Jets are in a position where their starting "Franchise QB" is ranked 34th overall & their are only 32 teams in the league!

Rex treats this guy like he's a top 15 QB when he's not even close, has never been close & actually looks like he's taken a huge step backwards.
    His footwork is terrible, he's constantly throwing without setting his feet, he's rushing throws when he has plenty of time, he has no pocket presence, he holds the ball like a loaf of bread, he underthrow, overthrows, throws darts from 5 yards away directly at players facemasks.

I don't care how much he's payed. The line "Mark gives us the best chance to win" is absolute BS!
    Maybe he would be better if we were loaded?
    We are NOT & ball security is numero uno to winning low scoring UGLY games!