Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Greg McElroy the New Brett Ratliff.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't really know if anyone coming out in this draft class is gonna be all that special.

I didn't say they were. All I'm doing is expressing the way I feel about the situation.
    Cool

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Congrats.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Lol, just noticed he's been here since '03. Very preceptive dude.
    Must be all the concussions old Lance had while QBing the Sack Exchange...😜

When the current starter sucks and is a HUGE detriment to the team, the backups deserve to at least prove whether they can do any better.
    Exactly...Nothing more needs to be said

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    I don't know what's more funny.....the fact he's been here 9 years or he claims there was some type rally to make Brett Ratliff the Jets starter.

I don't remember anyone wanting Brett Ratliff as our starter.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 12-12-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Did we really need 6 pages on "Is Greg McElroy the new Brett Ratcliff?"

I don't even remember the OLD Brett Ratcliff...

I know, lets start a thread about "Is Greg McElroy the new Mike Hunt?"

Ban, Lock, Dump already...

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post

Leave Mike Hunt out of this.

How is McElroy the new Ratliff? I don't get it. McElroy can actually read an NFL defense.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post

Jets fans are notorious throughout the league for overrating their crappy 2nd and 3rd string QB's. Go all the way back to the days of Glenn Foley and Ray Lucas. This thread is an overreaction to that sort of nonsense & Jet fan tradition.

That said, I think McElroy has something Kellen Clunkers, Brett Ratspit and Eric "The Methhead" Ainge and Kevin "I couldn't even hold Tom's clipboard" O'Connelly never did - football IQ. Will he ever be even a good NFL QB? No but I think he could be somewhat decent at least.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Guy.

You are the one who brought up how much time "your opponent" had on the site.-
    How long have you been around. I really didnt care to check. That being said those of us do remember the man love around here for a certain QB name Ratliff and you would have thought the guy was the second coming of Tom Brady. The chances you draft a guy super late in the draft and he turns into your starting QB is pretty much slim to none. When you think about our horrible late round picks of late that makes it even less likely.
    He rightfully disagreed with your assinine assertion without mentioning his role here.-
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Horrible comparison.

Ratliff was undrafted from Butte College while McElroy was drafted and came from a Alabama and a National Championship team.

Ratliff never took and NFL snap in his entire career while McElroy led his team to an NFL win.

McElroy is smart, scored off the charts on the wonderlick. Ratliff is a meathead.
    Now you are playing Mr. Fight the power.
    Ok great. First of all I have never given it much thought if this "place" had an owner. If it did, so what? We are men (most of us) and we are allowed to disagree or not check someones "credentials" if thats what we feel like doing. Didnt say anything out of bounds or disrespectful at all. Next time before posting something I will check out resumes as to not offend anyone.
    Not sure what you mean. Ok I get it the guy owns the site. What should I do? Is he going to beat me up for saying something benign to him? Whats with all the butt kissing?
    I suggest you shut it, because not only are you wrong, you are taking advantage of Sooth's benevolence with your posturing.

Just let it go.

-

People like you actually made a lot more then its worth. I didnt know how long he has been here and I didnt check. What do you want me to do? I get it he owns this place. Cool and I get it...I think.
    Not sure what this posturing you are speaking of. We are on a website about the Jets. Get over it.
    Nope, obstinate people like you make it worse. It's been shown that you were not only borderline disrespectful to a poster, but to the owner of the site no less. And when that was brought to your attention you gave some half-assed apology and continue with the facetious, passive/aggressive sh!ttiness.. You can't even admit that you were wrong. I get that it's the internet, but isn't that all the more reason to muster up some intestinal fortitude and own up to your behavior, in anonymity? I already know the answer, but I felt the need to lay it all out anyway.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Nope, obstinate people like you make it worse. It's been shown that you were not only borderline disrespectful to a poster, but to the owner of the site no less. And when that was brought to your attention you gave some half-assed apology and continue with the facetious, passive/aggressive sh!ttiness.. You can't even admit that you were wrong. I get that it's the internet, but isn't that all the more reason to muster up some intestinal fortitude and own up to your behavior, in anonymity? I already know the answer, but I felt the need to lay it all out anyway.

All League
    Unfortunately, I don't really know if anyone coming out in this draft class is gonna be all that special.
    Fortunately for the Jets the new rookie wage scale makes it easier to take that year's "Top Prospect" every two years and we won't be strapped finacially like we are with Sanchez now.

And if we get two studs? We can trade em for picks.

Expect to see this start happening THIS year with teams taking chances on what you presume are franchise positions

Hell, I'd take a chance on a guy like Bray this year