Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg McElroy the New Brett Ratliff.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Let's give him the rest of the starts so he can prove you right then. We're not going anywhere with Intchez, so why not at least take a little look? Doesn't even matter if it's Greg, either.
    Maybe if the team wasn't fighting to get into the playoffs, but they are. So no. Not until they are eliminated.

Your idea is dumb. Sorry.

All Pro
    McElroy has already surpassed Ratliff because he actually made a contribution during a regular season game and lead the team to a meaningful come from behind fourth quarter victory.

The sample size on McElroy is tiny. I don't see anyone claiming he is a star, but I do see plenty of people writing him off completely. The bottom line is it's far to early to come to any definitive conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Maybe if the team wasn't fighting to get into the playoffs, but they are. So no. Not until they are eliminated.

Your idea is dumb. Sorry.

Even if we had a legit shot, that would be even more of a reason to take Intchez off the field. No need for the buttfumbler to screw anything else up.

All Pro

Even if we had a legit shot, that would be even more of a reason to take Intchez off the field. No need for the buttfumbler to screw anything else up.
    Until they lose again, #6 will be the QB.

Deal with it.

And if they lose this week, let Greg start the last 2 to see what he's got. I would like to have this thing put to bed one way or the other.

Jets Insider VIP
    But that's my point. Sanchez turns the ball over at an impressive rate and makes HORRIBLE decisions. With McElroy, we'd simply ask him to be a game manager. Instead, we're going with the game loser.

Absolutely no one is saying McElroy is going to be the future of our franchise. We're simply asking that the guy who doesn't turn it over all the time play instead of our INT machine.
    well said and I agree. Many Suckchez supporters will attack every QB we ever get. They love their hero. Many of us do not! But this is a team game. We should all want the Jets to win games and finally a Super Bowl. I wonder if any of the Sucky fans think that Sucky is a SB-type QB? I don't! He looked pathetic against the Jaguars except for one throw! Possibly the worst defense in the NFL and Sucky did zilch yet his fans have a need to attack every other QB on the team just as long as their star plays. It matters not whether it is poorly or well. Just play Suckchez!

McElroy may not be the answer but he did in one quarter+ what Sucky did not do in nearly three quarters against a team that had a QB playing that was as bad as Suckchez. The Card defense was on the field as much as ours until McElroy worked his way into the end zone! Just sayin'.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    McElroy has already surpassed Ratliff because he actually made a contribution during a regular season game and lead the team to a meaningful come from behind fourth quarter victory.

The sample size on McElroy is tiny. I don't see anyone claiming he is a star, but I do see plenty of people writing him off completely. The bottom line is it's far to early to come to any definitive conclusion.
    Those writing McElroy off are probably all SUCKCHEZ fans who get all tingly when Mark is playing!

Let's give him the rest of the starts so he can prove you right then. We're not going anywhere with Intchez, so why not at least take a little look? Doesn't even matter if it's Greg, either.
    That's the whole damn point. This season was lost after the 2nd Pats game, and it gave the "organization" ( and I use that term very loosely) the chance to see if McElroy can play in this league in any capacity. They know what they have in Sanchez(turnover machine) Tebow( unorthodox to say the least, but somehow wins games), but no clue as to McElroy's talent. A smart organization(oxymoron) would at least determine if this guy can be the backup QB, thus eliminating one question mark going forward.
    Let me ask you a question......would our record be any different if Tebow or McElroy played this year? I can think of only one game Sanchez really won(Miami), but 2-3 he definitely lost. I personally think we may have done better with Tebow, not fair to put McElroy in that equation.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Those writing McElroy off are probably all SUCKCHEZ fans who get all tingly when Mark is playing!
    No. I would love to see an upgrade over Sanchez. It's the main thing holding this team back.

But McElroy can't cut it in the NFL IMO. His arm is just too weak.

The threat for deep passes is a must for a successful offense. He will have trouble completing the dink and dunk when every db is squatting on the short stuff.

No. I would love to see an upgrade over Sanchez. It's the main thing holding this team back.

The threat for deep passes is a must for a successful offense. He will have trouble completing the dink and dunk when every db is squatting on the short stuff.
    That'd be fine if Sanchez didn't completely miss deep passes regularly.

However, we're not going to sway each other's opinion, so we can agree to disagree.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    This is by not means in defense of Sanchez who has been 100% horrible as has the entire offense.
    That being said why is it we Jet fans get a hold of scrubs and turn them into imaginary stars? I wish McElroy was the guy but honestly the guy just does not have the physical tools to get the job done. Ratliff on the other hand had all the tools but I guess none of the brains to get the job done.
    Point is if Sanchez is not the answer then its very likely that nobody on the roster is.
    Time to move on and draft or sign a good QB and stop wishing upon a star.
    Horrible comparison.

Ratliff was undrafted from Butte College while McElroy was drafted and came from a Alabama and a National Championship team.

Ratliff never took and NFL snap in his entire career while McElroy led his team to an NFL win.

McElroy is smart, scored off the charts on the wonderlick. Ratliff is a meathead.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    ratliff didn't have anywhere close the background that mcelroy does

mcelroy can and will be a solid nfl backup, ratliff was never more than a extra body on the roster
    Truth

chad's problem was that he couldn't stay on the field, not his arm strength. he was capable of throwing a good, accurate deep ball. granted sanchez' arm is stronger but it also matter who you throw it to. as for mcelroy, he has enough. more than chad, less than sanchez but he also brings intelligence and decision making and scrambling ability. he deserves a fair chance to beat out sanchez either now or during camp. of course if, miracle of miracles, the jets do make the playoffs i doubt we will see anyone but sanchez next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    decisions don't overcome arm strength ask chad Pennington.. And McElroy Deep ball attempt was all I needed to see to know he isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Horrible comparison.

Ratliff was undrafted from Butte College while McElroy was drafted and came from a Alabama and a National Championship team.

Ratliff never took and NFL snap in his entire career while McElroy led his team to an NFL win.

McElroy is smart, scored off the charts on the wonderlick. Ratliff is a meathead.
    How long have you been around. I really didnt care to check. That being said those of us do remember the man love around here for a certain QB name Ratliff and you would have thought the guy was the second coming of Tom Brady. The chances you draft a guy super late in the draft and he turns into your starting QB is pretty much slim to none. When you think about our horrible late round picks of late that makes it even less likely.

Oh boy how I would love for this team to be held back by only Mark Sanchez. Have you seen the rest of this team? To say Sanchez is our problem is wrong. He is only 1 problem of which we have many.

Jets Insider VIP
    How long have you been around. I really didnt care to check.
    lol

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    How long have you been around. I really didnt care to check. That being said those of us do remember the man love around here for a certain QB name Ratliff and you would have thought the guy was the second coming of Tom Brady. The chances you draft a guy super late in the draft and he turns into your starting QB is pretty much slim to none. When you think about our horrible late round picks of late that makes it even less likely.
    I'm kinda new around here. Please drop some knowledge on me.

Intro to JETS101 coming to a SUNY college near you.

Jets Insider VIP

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I've only been around since Borat was relevant.

So, like a month.

Jets Insider VIP

Lance told you off Sooth you johnny come lately to this here message board

Had to be the most hilariously wrong fight to pick since you started this joint

Still laughing out loud funny stuff

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2