Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Steelers Mendenhall Suspended

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I'm not so sure Tomlin was very vocal about Rapelesberger.
    He said at one point that he was very concerned about ben roethlisberger and him being apart of the team.

  2. #22
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    He said at one point that he was very concerned about ben roethlisberger and him being apart of the team.
    Oh yeah, then he said "OOOooo, I'm gonna give him sucha pinch!"

  3. #23
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Was Mendenhall even playing? Rex better get on the phone with his brother and help him beat them Steelers any way he can.
    Yes.

  4. #24
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan96 View Post
    Yes.
    I think he was listed as inactive the past couple of weeks. But yes, physically he can play.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    What advice is he going to give him? Start a shltty quarterback and don't pass rush?
    More like, ground and pound down to the three yard line in the AFCCG and then pull a stunt play action and if it goes wrong, blame the offensive lineman. It'll work because they won't expect such stupidity twice in their lifetimes.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Yes thank you but it was unbelievably painful.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    If you get some free time, shoot me a message with the logistics behind the change.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just dont get it. You are one of the selected few to actually make it the NFL and get money to do something you love and then you act like a bung hole and throw it all away. I am just amazed that there is such a level of stupidity

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I just dont get it. You are one of the selected few to actually make it the NFL and get money to do something you love and then you act like a bung hole and throw it all away. I am just amazed that there is such a level of stupidity
    It's pretty simple. The guy was a very good starter in the league and he lost his job because he got hurt. He was pissed and that is how he acted.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    If you get some free time, shoot me a message with the logistics behind the change.
    Will do. There are some flaws in the system.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mendenhall when healthy is one of the most talented backs in the NFL. Good receiver, tough and a complete back. He will almost certainly play somewhere else next year and I would definitely like to him instead of Shonn Greene...

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a guy I would consider bringing in next year. Dispite an earlier post he is not shonn Greene 2.0. Mendenhall is a real threat with good speed and he runs hard. The problem with him has been health. If we can get him for a good price with some security for injuries like we did with Landry im all for it.

    Another guy to look at would be steven jackson. He will be available next year and is everything Rex would want in a running back. Also is a great locker room guy. I know at this point age is a concern but bring him in like we did LT for 2 years. I think he would be way better for the Jets then LT ever was.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Definitely a guy I would consider bringing in next year. Dispite an earlier post he is not shonn Greene 2.0. Mendenhall is a real threat with good speed and he runs hard. The problem with him has been health. If we can get him for a good price with some security for injuries like we did with Landry im all for it.

    Another guy to look at would be steven jackson. He will be available next year and is everything Rex would want in a running back. Also is a great locker room guy. I know at this point age is a concern but bring him in like we did LT for 2 years. I think he would be way better for the Jets then LT ever was.
    I like Jackson but the problem with him is that he's hitting that age...

    Running backs just don't last. Mendenhall makes sense because he'll come fairly cheap despite being taken high in the draft and being extremely young at 25.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Too bad, he's a good kid.

    One of the few who speaks his mind on twitter and doesn't just fall in line with the rest.

    He questioned how bad Bin Laden was and also the truth of the story we're told about 9/11. Whether he's right or not, it's definitely good to be skeptical of what the man tells you.

    I hope it helps the Steelers lose their next three. **** the Steelers.
    Agreed a good dose of healthy skepticism never hurt. Started a witchhunt by the angry rabble too. But his play has suffered of late so he can't get an easy pass for his outspokenness.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has been a healthy scratch for awhile now

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I like Jackson but the problem with him is that he's hitting that age...

    Running backs just don't last. Mendenhall makes sense because he'll come fairly cheap despite being taken high in the draft and being extremely young at 25.
    I agree but in a two back system Jackson might be just what we need. Again he can be what LT was for us but better.

    Guy is like 240 with wheels. We need some more veteran leaders on this team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us