Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Mendenhall Suspended

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Steelers Mendenhall Suspended

The Pittsburgh Steelers have suspended running back Rashard Mendenhall for conduct detrimental to the team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers have suspended running back Rashard Mendenhall for conduct detrimental to the team.
    He said that McElroy is the new Ratliff.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now if Ben. Luck and AJ green sit down for a few games, the Jets can travel to 02035

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was Mendenhall even playing? Rex better get on the phone with his brother and help him beat them Steelers any way he can.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Was Mendenhall even playing? Rex better get on the phone with his brother and help him beat them Steelers any way he can.
    What advice is he going to give him? Start a shltty quarterback and don't pass rush?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really interesting story here considering what high regard he was held in before this year.

Apparently he was told he wouldnt be active sunday and just didnt show up at the stadium.

If we had a stronger locker room he could wind up being a good value as an UFA next season....just depends on if he has been a bad-attitude guy before this season of if this is more of a player butting heads with haley

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Really interesting story here considering what high regard he was held in before this year.

Apparently he was told he wouldnt be active sunday and just didnt show up at the stadium.

If we had a stronger locker room he could wind up being a good value as an UFA next season....just depends on if he has been a bad-attitude guy before this season of if this is more of a player butting heads with haley
    **** this guy.

On Bin Laden's death:
    "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a
    man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side," is what Mendenhall tweeted.

Mendenhall then tweeted, "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time
    believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

Also, he is basically just Shonn Greene version 2 who hasn't stayed healthy.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad, he's a good kid.

One of the few who speaks his mind on twitter and doesn't just fall in line with the rest.

He questioned how bad Bin Laden was and also the truth of the story we're told about 9/11. Whether he's right or not, it's definitely good to be skeptical of what the man tells you.

I hope it helps the Steelers lose their next three. **** the Steelers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He said that McElroy is the new Ratliff.

-
    ...to Art Rooney, the owner of the Steelers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    **** this guy.

On Bin Laden's death:
    "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a
    man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side," is what Mendenhall tweeted.

Mendenhall then tweeted, "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time
    believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

Also, he is basically just Shonn Greene version 2 who hasn't stayed healthy.
    Funny. I knew there'd be a sign this beast... And I was gonna bring that up...

Also, did you get your DL/UL issue fixed?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Too bad, he's a good kid.

One of the few who speaks his mind on twitter and doesn't just fall in line with the rest.

He questioned how bad Bin Laden was and also the truth of the story we're told about 9/11. Whether he's right or not, it's definitely good to be skeptical of what the man tells you.

I hope it helps the Steelers lose their next three. **** the Steelers.
    Thats a pretty questionable tweet, I didnt know he did that.

Either way, thats his political opinion, im more concerned with how he is as a teammate and in the locker room because hes a damn good back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post

It was a stupid thing to say/tweet. Mendehall must've been taking to many blows to the head when he said something so dumb and offensive. F**k Bin Laden. That SOB got what he deserved. I just wished we had brought his dead body back to dump at the WTC site after those who wanted to piss/spit on it were able to do so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Because being liked by his players is not Mike Tomlin's #1 priority. It's just a byproduct of being a good leader and stand up guy whose willing to call a player out regardless of his position on the depth chart or in the salary structure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Because being liked by his players is not Mike Tomlin's #1 priority. It's just a byproduct of being a good leader and stand up guy whose willing to call a player out regardless of his position on the depth chart or in the salary structure.
    It's pretty easy to suspend guys when they aren't going to be on the team next year and aren't making much money now. He was a first round pick but having guys like Dwyer make things easier.

Either way, I'd very much be interested in Mendenhall. A way to get a VERY young (only 25) running back who has played at a very high level.

Can understand why Mendenhall is pissed too... The guy has been an excellent player in this league and only lost his job due to injury and a fumble in the same game where every other RB fumbled.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This

It is so crystal clear, yet we do the direct opposite

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And though he does not go out of his way to be liked by his players, Tomlin has been ranked #1 in polls of players of which coach they'd like to play for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suspendedhall

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Funny. I knew there'd be a sign this beast... And I was gonna bring that up...

Also, did you get your DL/UL issue fixed?
    Yes thank you but it was unbelievably painful.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not so sure Tomlin was very vocal about Rapelesberger.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

this is true. He didnt even show up for the game. He has been in the dog house all year. The guy is getting absoulutley killed on the talk radio shows here in Pittsburgh. Him and Mike Wallace are probably the two most disliked steelers that I can remember since Kordell Stewart.