Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braylon's first game here MNF his return game here MNF

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I have honestly seen this in lots of athletes, espc. kids - where when things are easy for them they relax and play well. They do it without thinking. But when times get tough or they have to make adjustments - they just lose the ability to play without thinking about it first. It's like telling a bumblebee that he can't really stay aloft.

I do think that's what happened to Sanchez. His things worked, until they didn't, and he just doesn't have THAT particular skill of figuring out a new way back.

* btw - I don't even need a Superbowl this year - just a BE-fueled trip back to the playoffs and another knock-out of the Pats in Foxboro. The odds make Powerball look like flipping a coin, but - wow - I can hardly think of a more appropriate end to this bizarro season. I am already writing the 30 for 30 in my mind . . .
    Could you imagine that scenario!
    Jets go into Gillette, Brady hits thumb on helmet, Jets beat up Ryan Mallett.
    We can all dream, but that would be effing hilarious!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    The saddest part of this video is that this play is better than any play I saw Sanchez make in the last two seasons.

Sanchez was such a tease. He struggled as a rookie but showed flashes like that that showed he had potential in this league. Then he improves a good amount in year two. Ever since, he flat-lined in year three and regressed to (arguably) worse than rookie form in year four.
    So painful to remember the fun and excitement I had for the Jets only 3 years ago.