Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braylon's first game here MNF his return game here MNF

Braylon's first game here MNF his return game here MNF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpiZ8vOb7w Ill be over stoked if he can do this again and this eventually led to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGWNGKPliGI

I wouldn't be expecting some great showing, honestly. Remember that Braylon is older and slower now, and he's also injured (how bad, idk). Not to mention, Sanchez can't hit deep balls anymore.

If we got a great performance, it'd be nothing short of a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I wouldn't be expecting some great showing, honestly. Remember that Braylon is older and slower now, and he's also injured (how bad, idk). Not to mention, Sanchez can't hit deep balls anymore.

I think now that hes where he wants to be he'll be motivated and play well.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I think now that hes where he wants to be he'll be motivated and play well.
    I understand that, but the body can only go so far.

I'm hoping for the best, but I'm also preparing myself for disappointment.

Now THIS is the attitude of a REAL Jets fan.

I'm hoping for 10 catches, 150 yards and 2 TDs for my favorite Jets receiver from 2009-2011.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    I'm hoping for 10 catches, 150 yards and 2 TDs for my favorite Jets receiver from 2009-2011.
    Prepare to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Now THIS is the attitude of a REAL Jets fan.

Yes, let me go drink the kool-aid and expect a 100+ yard/2 TD day from an aging receiver who's injured.

How about you not question someone's fan-hood when you have no reason to, jerk.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-12-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Veteran
    I understand that, but the body can only go so far.
    He's a little banged up and two years older - he's not freakin' George Blanda!

He's not Gaylord Perry!

He's 29.

Two years younger than Andre Johnson.

Two years younger than Wes Welker.

Four years younger than Santana Moss.

Five years younger than Reggie Wayne.

Six years younger than Randy Moss.

Chill with the old talk peeps! If his knee is okay he can definitely go catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    The saddest part of this video is that this play is better than any play I saw Sanchez make in the last two seasons.

Sanchez was such a tease. He struggled as a rookie but showed flashes like that that showed he had potential in this league. Then he improves a good amount in year two. Ever since, he flat-lined in year three and regressed to (arguably) worse than rookie form in year four.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    He's a little banged up and two years older - he's not freakin' George Blanda!

He's not Gaylord Perry!

He's 29.

Two years younger than Andre Johnson.

Two years younger than Wes Welker.

Four years younger than Santana Moss.

Five years younger than Reggie Wayne.

Six years younger than Randy Moss.

Chill with the old talk peeps! If his knee is okay he can definitely go catch the ball.
    I'm just saying to curve your expectations.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    The saddest part of this video is that this play is better than any play I saw Sanchez make in the last two seasons.

Sanchez was such a tease. He struggled as a rookie but showed flashes like that that showed he had potential in this league. Then he improves a good amount in year two. Ever since, he flat-lined in year three and regressed to (arguably) worse than rookie form in year four.
    I have honestly seen this in lots of athletes, espc. kids - where when things are easy for them they relax and play well. They do it without thinking. But when times get tough or they have to make adjustments - they just lose the ability to play without thinking about it first. It's like telling a bumblebee that he can't really stay aloft.

I do think that's what happened to Sanchez. His things worked, until they didn't, and he just doesn't have THAT particular skill of figuring out a new way back.

* btw - I don't even need a Superbowl this year - just a BE-fueled trip back to the playoffs and another knock-out of the Pats in Foxboro. The odds make Powerball look like flipping a coin, but - wow - I can hardly think of a more appropriate end to this bizarro season. I am already writing the 30 for 30 in my mind . . .
    Last edited by adpz; 12-12-2012 at 02:20 AM.

I'm just saying to curve your expectations.
    No.

/grammar Nazi...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

1 reception, 6 yards, that's it.

I mean, we're talking about the offense that has held Tim Tebow to 0 touchdowns since putting on a uniform.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

I mean, we're talking about the offense that has held Tim Tebow to 0 touchdowns since putting on a uniform.

SAR I
    Tru

SAR I
    depends on whether sanchez can at least throw the ball in the same zipcode as BE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    depends on whether sanchez can at least throw the ball in the same zipcode as BE.
    This ... Sanchez s the 34th ranked QB in the league ... Worse than all other starter ting QBs plus two backups.

I think Sparano needs to dial up that play the Jets ran vs. the Colts a few years back when BE caught that 80 yd TD. It was a simple route down the sideline, but it worked because Sanchez used that very good pump fake of his. Haven't seen the pump all that often this season. maybe a handful of times

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I think Sparano needs to dial up that play the Jets ran vs. the Colts a few years back when BE caught that 80 yd TD. It was a simple route down the sideline, but it worked because Sanchez used that very good pump fake of his. Haven't seen the pump all that often this season. maybe a handful of times
    Yah .. Lets add to marks awesome ball security by telling him to pump fake more... Pfffffft.

SAR I
    I thought you didn't believe in Jeeziss?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Yah .. Lets add to marks awesome ball security by telling him to pump fake more... Pfffffft.
    well, if he does have time in the pocket, shouldn't be an issue ... pfft