Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Rex learn to keep his mouth shut?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    arf arf arf

Oddly enough this is probably one of your more intelligent postings.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    What is your f*cking problem you effing pinhead!
    You do nothing on this board but belittle everyone?
    Who the eff do u think u are? Your probably the skinniest doofiest guy on this board pumping your Internet muscles all the time.
    This is a discussion board, you don't want to discuss what I wrote about than go find the Pats trolls & disparage them.
    It's all you seem good far on this board. Hopefully we can meet at a tailgate so I can shove your head into a hot grill you piece of s*it!
    LOLz. somebody had to say it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Rex has pretty much completely rebuilt that team since then starting with the QB position, and using a rookie QB to get to two AFCCG's
    Wrecks used the #5 overall draft pick on the worst starting QB in the NFL.

He has no clue whatsoever about the offensive side of the ball and the Jets have one of the worst 5 offenses in the NFL.

His defenses have gotten progressively worse every single year.

Yea, he's a great HC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    What is your f*cking problem you effing pinhead!
    You do nothing on this board but belittle everyone?
    Who the eff do u think u are? Your probably the skinniest doofiest guy on this board pumping your Internet muscles all the time.
    This is a discussion board, you don't want to discuss what I wrote about than go find the Pats trolls & disparage them.
    It's all you seem good far on this board. Hopefully we can meet at a tailgate so I can shove your head into a hot grill you piece of s*it!
    Actually sg3 has been pretty darned efficient at getting himself banned from here as well as from other places so I am not 100% sure it is fair to say that he "does nothing" on these boards. He does manage to bring the stupid every day and with conviction.

That he is currently in between bans speaks loudly for his ability to cry like a little girl and beg the mods for just one more chance

So not really "nothing" after all

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wrecks used the #5 overall draft pick on the worst starting QB in the NFL.

He has no clue whatsoever about the offensive side of the ball and the Jets have one of the worst 5 offenses in the NFL.

His defenses have gotten progressively worse every single year.

Yea, he's a great HC.
    Sanchez was pure Tannnebaum. Nothing to do with Rex. If Rex was consulted he would have asked for a defensive player.

Sometimes you overplay your hand in your zeal to score a rhetorical point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Sanchez was pure Tannnebaum. Nothing to do with Rex. If Rex was consulted he would have asked for a defensive player.

Sometimes you overplay your hand in your zeal to score a rhetorical point.
    Remember when Wrecks and Tanny went to watch Sanchez on his Pro Day workout at USC?

There was a quote attributed to Wrecks saying "this is our guy, we have to have him".

Wrecks is just as guilty as Tanny on the Sanchez fiasco.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    This thread is about learning as a coach. Coughlin had a completely different style until about 5-6 years ago when he was being called out by players, media, fans, etc., for it. He learned from past mistakes, he changed his approach. that's what I was talking about
    And my point was that Coughlin was successful before what you call "getting" it.

Did he tone it down some yes, but it was a style of coaching that was adjusted, not a personal trait at 50 YO. Rex was always a brash, abrupt person his whole life. Your asking him to change as a person at 50 YO, not change his style of coaching.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember when Wrecks and Tanny went to watch Sanchez on his Pro Day workout at USC?

There was a quote attributed to Wrecks saying "this is our guy, we have to have him".

Rex is a good soldier. I think he says what he thinks the organization wants to hear from their HC most of the time.

Mike Tannenbaum on the other hand understands that the franchise QB is the cornerstone and signature piece of any GM resume which is why he has been trying so desperately to get us one of those since he has been here.

Maybe I can be convinced that Rex may be able to lobby for this defensive player pick or that defensive player pick but never on the offensive side of the ball IMO. I just do not think he has the interest. Also, and even then, any decision to defer to a HC still rests with the GM. So any responsibility for the pick is always and forever 99.999% with Mike Tannenbaum even if you buy the idea that Rex was lobbying for Mark Sanchez which I absolutely do not.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is a good soldier. I think he says what he thinks the organization wants to hear from their HC most of the time.

Mike Tannenbaum on the other hand understands that the franchise QB is the cornerstone and signature piece of any GM resume which is why he has been trying so desperately to get us one of those since he has been here.

Maybe I can be convinced that Rex may be able to lobby for this defensive player pick or that defensive player pick but never on the offensive side of the ball IMO. I just do not think he has the interest. Also, and even then, any decision to defer to a HC still rests with the GM. So any responsibility for the pick is always and forever 99.999% with Mike Tannenbaum even if you buy the idea that Rex was lobbying for Mark Sanchez which I absolutely do not.
    Fair enough 31, and Wrecks was too new at that point in time to make any waves.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a problem with them drafting Sanchez. I have a problem with them never running an offense that plays to his strong points. When was the last time he rolled out? How much play action do they do?

He is not good out of the shotgun/spread. Brady is great at it, good for him. Sanchez is not, so why make him do it? Sanchez would be good in Houston, a team that runs like Rex wants to, and then does play action and roll outs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I also think Tanny wasn't about to let his brand new coach who spent his entire career on the defensive side of the ball make the call on a new franchise QB. I think the Jets bought into the draft hype on Sanchez like I was afraid they would. Its pretty clear that Tanny and "his guys" are mediocre talent evaluators. For all the flaws Mangini had he was very good at drafting and he is responible for the heart of this team. Another huge red flag for Tanny was the Jets sticking with Wayne Hunter all of last year when you can see how much difference even a mediocre RT made on this line. I really hope Tanny is gone after this year and Rex stays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One other thing. At that time, if not Mark, then who?

Chad was gone. Farve was gone. If you don't trade up for a QB, then who? Most of us did not like Freemen at the time. And the "trade up" itself basically cost a 2nd round draft pick, and a couple guys out of the league.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post

Chad was gone. Farve was gone. If you don't trade up for a QB, then who? Most of us did not like Freemen at the time. And the "trade up" itself basically cost a 2nd round draft pick, and a couple guys out of the league.
    We still had Kellen Clemens "The future".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a problem with them drafting Sanchez. I have a problem with them never running an offense that plays to his strong points. When was the last time he rolled out? How much play action do they do?
    Rollouts are great in college, but will not work in the NFL. You basically take away 2/3rd's of the field when you rollout.

No way in the NFL can a QB throw back across his body to the opposite side of the field. NFL defenders are just to fast and will easily close on the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anything, I think Rex would have been swayed by Carroll's statement that Sanchez was not ready for the NFL. Coaches i think are more willing to listen to other coaches than personnel people.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rollouts are great in college, but will not work in the NFL. You basically take away 2/3rd's of the field when you rollout.

No way in the NFL can a QB throw back across his body to the opposite side of the field. NFL defenders are just to fast and will easily close on the ball.
    Maybe we can coax Elway out of retirement?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point. But it might be worth mentioning (if I remember correctly) that Cutler was available via trade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Freeman was there, but they thought the delta between Sanchez and Freeman was great.

They reached for the best guy at a position of need. The team did not want to take a step back under the new HC. You roll the dice sometimes you win sometimes you don't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Teams have taken the roll out away from Sanchez, that's why we don't use it much. There is not a lot that Mark is good at so any good coach will practice for the roll out option with the Jets.
    Worked a lot early in his career, now if you notice every time they do it the plays covered.
    Marks also gotten really lazy with his play fakes (Cavanaugh has got to go).
    The one thing that CLEARLY stood out in Macelroys play was his ball handling skills when he came into the game, you could tell that it is a part of his game he DOES NOT have to think about, unlike Sanchez who seems to do everything like he just learned it yesterday.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually sg3 has been pretty darned efficient at getting himself banned from here as well as from other places so I am not 100% sure it is fair to say that he "does nothing" on these boards. He does manage to bring the stupid every day and with conviction.

That he is currently in between bans speaks loudly for his ability to cry like a little girl and beg the mods for just one more chance

So not really "nothing" after all
    More namecalling and personal attacks

Nothing new here

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2