Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Rex learn to keep his mouth shut?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    More namecalling and personal attacks

Nothing new here

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh joy I must have been taken off the mythical ignore list.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Maybe we can coax Elway out of retirement?
    There was a guy that had the arm to throw across his body. thats for sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Teams have taken the roll out away from Sanchez, that's why we don't use it much. There is not a lot that Mark is good at so any good coach will practice for the roll out option with the Jets.
    Worked a lot early in his career, now if you notice every time they do it the plays covered.
    Let's assume a rollout to the right side of the field from a slot-right formation.

WR split wide right can run a fly, skinny post (can't run full post because that would be an across the field throw) or comeback.

Slot receiver on the right can run an out or comeback.

RB in backfield can either block or become safety valve in right flat.

Even the worst defenses in the NFL will have a very easy time defending that type of play, and that's why rollouts are not effective in the NFL.
    Last edited by PatsFanTX; 12-12-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There was a guy that had the arm to throw across his body. thats for sure.
    And Favre early in his career was another one who could do that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    in the 50s and 60s, He would make a great TV censor. Or one of those neighborhood betterment society people who sought to keep out the "wrong types"
    Trust him he knows what is best for you and the team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    That's a good point. But it might be worth mentioning (if I remember correctly) that Cutler was available via trade.
    I don't know that Cutler is a good fit in NY, I can see them having concerns with bringing him here. Either way, Cutler or Sanchez you are rolling the dice again. Cutler is another QB who likes to throw it up and see what happens.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I think Rex has started to learn. You don't hear any guarantees. His press conference Monday he talked about nothing but the Titans. Old Rex would be talking up playoffs already, especially coming off tihs two-game "non-losing" streak. And while he only benched Sanchez for a half, he still did it. that was a big step. he gets crucified on here, but I still think he deserves another year. NY is a tough place, ask Coughlin. the guy had 10-11 years of head coaching experience in the NFL before he "got it."
    Totally agree.

Honestly I would like to see Rex around here for several more years.

I was down on Rex earlier this season too, but I think Rex will learn from this season, improve as a HC and hopefully have Suckchez on a much shorter leash next year.

The fact that the Jets have been slammed with injuries this season and that the team hasn't quit and is still trying to battle, tells me that the players still believe in Rex as a HC, otherwise they would have mailed it in by now.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 12-12-2012 at 11:06 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The consensus in the media is that Rex will remain the coach & Tanny will be moved into the contract only status.
    My question is will Rex learn from his mistakes?
    I think most of the frustration in Jetsland comes from Rex incessant need to tell us all how great these players are.
    While Tomlin is benching players who underperform in Pittsburgh, Rex sticks by his old guard & the only way they come off the field is through injury.

While I hate the fact the only face of this franchise,(Namath), likes to constantly belittle the team, the one thing I agree with was his comment that if you keep telling your players how great they are they start to believe it.

You just don't see this anywhere in the NFL except with Rex.
    It might turn out to be his fatal flaw.

But, you have to give him his due. We live in a fishbowl as Jet fans but if you look at this team from the outside, our offense is so devoid of talent it's really unbelievable!
    I'm watching Pats vs Texans & you've got the Pats with Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez, Ridley, Vareen, Woodhead, even their backup TEs are better than what the Jets have!
    Then you look at the Texans, Foster, Daniels, Tate, Andre.

I hope he realizes that we need a pass rusher & a few LBs, and it's time to start feeding the offense.
    With an offense in the 15 range the Jets could win 10 games as long as Rex is running the defense.
    Every team has holes, but the Jets have some nice pcs in place, unfortunately franchise QB is not one of them.
    In today's NFL that's a huge problem, but look at the records of some of the teams with much better QB play & weapons than the Jets have & they have losing records.
    Rex is working with a lot less than most teams, now is he to blame for that or is it Tanny?
    That is the question that Woody needs to ask himself.
    I guess we'll find out soon enough, but if Rex stays he has to start being a leader of this team, instead of a jester telling us what he thinks we want to hear.

He's not fooling us anymore, he needs to grow up.
    TLDR.

Why should he?

His yammering has only one effect, it annoys Jets Fans. So what?

If you think anyone plays harder against us because of the things Rex says, well, I;d say that is a naive position to take. Rex is not a ****-talker, he's a pro-Jets bloviator. Thats not bulliton board material, and any oppponent who claims it is, is just ****-talking themselves.

I'd go the other way, that a supportibg coach who talks up his team publicly is a good thing. It also does not mean he doesn't dress them down priovately either, it should be pointed out.

In short, if you don't like listening to Rex, don't listen to Rex. If you buy in to all his rah rah, you get exactly what you deserve.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    When SG3 was born, he put the doctor on his ignore list for slapping his ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    TLDR.

Why should he?

If you think anyone plays harder against us because of the things Rex says, well, I;d say that is a naive position to take. Rex is not a ****-talker, he's a pro-Jets bloviator. Thats not bulliton board material, and any oppponent who claims it is, is just ****-talking themselves.

I'd go the other way, that a supportibg coach who talks up his team publicly is a good thing. It also does not mean he doesn't dress them down priovately either, it should be pointed out.

In short, if you don't like listening to Rex, don't listen to Rex. If you buy in to all his rah rah, you get exactly what you deserve.
    I think Rex is white noise at this point. He is what he is, he doesnt call out guys publicly, and goes out of his way to overly praise his players and staff when he gets the chance to.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    TLDR.

Why should he?

I always thought that Rex would say outloud about his team what other coaches THOUGHT about their own teams. And just b/c Rex said it out loud, he was labeled a blow hard. What are the other coaches then? Suck hards? lololol I just made that one up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I always thought that Rex would say outloud about his team what other coaches THOUGHT about their own teams. And just b/c Rex said it out loud, he was labeled a blow hard. What are the other coaches then? Suck hards? lololol I just made that one up.
    Except he never says anything negative publicly.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Except he never says anything negative publicly.
    True

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex THIS offseason was talking about how he knows he's a great coach and how he's the best defensive mind in football, blah blah blah. How is that learning from his mistakes?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TLDR.

Why should he?

I think Rex can be a good coach, just don't publicly announce that "this is the best team I've ever coached" before you play a game!
    If this team was loaded & Rex had young LBs that could tear guys heads off & a franchise QB with a bunch of weapons at his disposal & he wanted to CALL OUT other teams & coaches well be my guest.
    Just don't do it when you have Mark Sanchez throwing to Chaz Schillens & Bart Scott chasing down a RB that gains 3 yards on him with each stride.
    Makes you look foolish & like a complete & utter Doofus.
    He's got NOTHING to back up his bluster. He's the "Wizard of Oz" of the NFL.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    huh? Coughlin just "got it"? he built the jags and they went to the playoffs quickly as an expansion team, going 4-12, 9-7, 11-5, 11-5 and 14-2 in his first 5 years, with an owner that would not spend money. Like rex he went to two championship games.

Rex took over a 9-7 team and went 9-7 and 10-5, 8-8 and probably 8-8 again, how do you compare the two again?
    Belichick went 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11 then got fired. Went to Pats and went 5-11 in his first year and then won the Super Bowl the next. He must have just "got it" that year or was it the future HOF QB he got? My point is that a coach is nothing without a QB including Belichick. Lets be honest, if Ryan had a top 5 QB his first 2 years he would have had 2 Super Bowl rings and people would be calling him a genius. Sound familiar?

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were 9-7, and 10-6 the year before Pennington went down. And how do you compare a team with Revis, Harris, Mangold and Dbrick, Woody, Faneca, Rhodes, Thomas Jones, Shaun Ellis, Jenkins, Pace (27 YO) Brandon Moore at 28
    to starting an a expansion team. How is that crap?
    Mark Brunell, Tony Boselli, Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell and that's just on offense. The Jaguars weren't limited on talent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wrecks used the #5 overall draft pick on the worst starting QB in the NFL.

He has no clue whatsoever about the offensive side of the ball and the Jets have one of the worst 5 offenses in the NFL.

His defenses have gotten progressively worse every single year.

Yea, he's a great HC.

Many people expected Sanchez to be a good QB. You yourself even said so before the Jets drafted him.

Rex's ability to coach a defense despite limited talent is what has kept the team competitive. All without a five year head start provided by electronic signals interception or jamming.

Of course, I understand you're wanting to keep his ultimate masterpiece, going from a humiliating 45-3 defeat at NE to turning the tables on Belichick and humiliating him in the playoffs in a month. But hey, who said trolling had to be based on facts.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Glad you arent the type to belittle, insult and threaten other posters

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    sg you are gone for 3 days. I have explained this over and over; you leave me no choice. You baited this man; and this is your reply?

Reach for decaf next time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The consensus in the media is that Rex will remain the coach & Tanny will be moved into the contract only status.
    My question is will Rex learn from his mistakes?
    I think most of the frustration in Jetsland comes from Rex incessant need to tell us all how great these players are.
    While Tomlin is benching players who underperform in Pittsburgh, Rex sticks by his old guard & the only way they come off the field is through injury.

While I hate the fact the only face of this franchise,(Namath), likes to constantly belittle the team, the one thing I agree with was his comment that if you keep telling your players how great they are they start to believe it.

You just don't see this anywhere in the NFL except with Rex.
    It might turn out to be his fatal flaw.

But, you have to give him his due. We live in a fishbowl as Jet fans but if you look at this team from the outside, our offense is so devoid of talent it's really unbelievable!
    I'm watching Pats vs Texans & you've got the Pats with Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez, Ridley, Vareen, Woodhead, even their backup TEs are better than what the Jets have!
    Then you look at the Texans, Foster, Daniels, Tate, Andre.

I hope he realizes that we need a pass rusher & a few LBs, and it's time to start feeding the offense.
    With an offense in the 15 range the Jets could win 10 games as long as Rex is running the defense.
    Every team has holes, but the Jets have some nice pcs in place, unfortunately franchise QB is not one of them.
    In today's NFL that's a huge problem, but look at the records of some of the teams with much better QB play & weapons than the Jets have & they have losing records.
    Rex is working with a lot less than most teams, now is he to blame for that or is it Tanny?
    That is the question that Woody needs to ask himself.
    I guess we'll find out soon enough, but if Rex stays he has to start being a leader of this team, instead of a jester telling us what he thinks we want to hear.

He's not fooling us anymore, he needs to grow up.
    I think he is learning. the Giants and Pats in the SB and watching this year has really mellowed him.

I'd like to see one more year..... Give him a shot. he may actually take this POS team to 8 and 8.