Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Rex learn to keep his mouth shut?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Rex learn to keep his mouth shut?

The consensus in the media is that Rex will remain the coach & Tanny will be moved into the contract only status.
    My question is will Rex learn from his mistakes?
    I think most of the frustration in Jetsland comes from Rex incessant need to tell us all how great these players are.
    While Tomlin is benching players who underperform in Pittsburgh, Rex sticks by his old guard & the only way they come off the field is through injury.

While I hate the fact the only face of this franchise,(Namath), likes to constantly belittle the team, the one thing I agree with was his comment that if you keep telling your players how great they are they start to believe it.

You just don't see this anywhere in the NFL except with Rex.
    It might turn out to be his fatal flaw.

But, you have to give him his due. We live in a fishbowl as Jet fans but if you look at this team from the outside, our offense is so devoid of talent it's really unbelievable!
    I'm watching Pats vs Texans & you've got the Pats with Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez, Ridley, Vareen, Woodhead, even their backup TEs are better than what the Jets have!
    Then you look at the Texans, Foster, Daniels, Tate, Andre.

I hope he realizes that we need a pass rusher & a few LBs, and it's time to start feeding the offense.
    With an offense in the 15 range the Jets could win 10 games as long as Rex is running the defense.
    Every team has holes, but the Jets have some nice pcs in place, unfortunately franchise QB is not one of them.
    In today's NFL that's a huge problem, but look at the records of some of the teams with much better QB play & weapons than the Jets have & they have losing records.
    Rex is working with a lot less than most teams, now is he to blame for that or is it Tanny?
    That is the question that Woody needs to ask himself.
    I guess we'll find out soon enough, but if Rex stays he has to start being a leader of this team, instead of a jester telling us what he thinks we want to hear.

He's not fooling us anymore, he needs to grow up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rex has started to learn. You don't hear any guarantees. His press conference Monday he talked about nothing but the Titans. Old Rex would be talking up playoffs already, especially coming off tihs two-game "non-losing" streak. And while he only benched Sanchez for a half, he still did it. that was a big step. he gets crucified on here, but I still think he deserves another year. NY is a tough place, ask Coughlin. the guy had 10-11 years of head coaching experience in the NFL before he "got it."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What BamaJets said. 100%.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear OP....

Can YOU????

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I think Rex has started to learn. You don't hear any guarantees. His press conference Monday he talked about nothing but the Titans. Old Rex would be talking up playoffs already, especially coming off tihs two-game "non-losing" streak. And while he only benched Sanchez for a half, he still did it. that was a big step. he gets crucified on here, but I still think he deserves another year. NY is a tough place, ask Coughlin. the guy had 10-11 years of head coaching experience in the NFL before he "got it."
    I agree. Look at the Eagles, my god, talk about talent on offense! If We had the offensive players that the Eagles have we would not be missing the playoffs.

I think Rex is a great defensive coach. If he can get 2 free agent decent young LBs & finally get a pass rusher with his #1 this year, with Revis coming back & Aaron berry keeping his nose clean jets will be a top 3 defense next year.
    Ellis & Harrison will get another full camp, Coples & Wilk will be another year stronger & Davis will be in the mix ( they say it takes 3 years for a LB to really be ready in the NFL) but something tells me Davis work ethic will make him shine next year.

The draft should be all offense after that 1st pick, unless of course a stud O player is staring us in the face.
    Strengthen the Oline & everything else can fall into place.
    You'll have Holmes, Hill, maybe Braylan, Kerley.
    Hopefully a young stud RB, Powell looks like a real find as utility back.
    Jets are not as far off as the media portrays us. Hell we'll probably have a better record than the freaking Lions & look at the talent on that team.

Having the Pats in our division is not easy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Dear OP....

Can YOU????

What is your f*cking problem you effing pinhead!
    You do nothing on this board but belittle everyone?
    Who the eff do u think u are? Your probably the skinniest doofiest guy on this board pumping your Internet muscles all the time.
    This is a discussion board, you don't want to discuss what I wrote about than go find the Pats trolls & disparage them.
    It's all you seem good far on this board. Hopefully we can meet at a tailgate so I can shove your head into a hot grill you piece of s*it!
    Last edited by jetster; 12-12-2012 at 06:01 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Who the eff do u think u are? Your probably the skinniest doofiest guy on this board pumping your Internet muscles all the time.
    This is a discussion board, you don't want to discuss what I wrote about than go find the Pats trolls & disparage them.
    It's all you seem good far on this board. Hopefully we can meet at a tailgate so I can shove your head into a hot grill you piece of s*it!
    my_ignore_list =[ ]
    my_ignore_list.append ('SG3')
    my_ignore_list.append ('RAY RAY')

result = evaluate(my_ignore_list)

print(result)

output => perfection

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you arent the type to belittle, insult and threaten other posters

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    my_ignore_list =[ ]
    my_ignore_list.append ('SG3')
    my_ignore_list.append ('RAY RAY')

result = evaluate(my_ignore_list)

print(result)

output => perfection
    There is a third leg in that trifecta. Dumb, Nasty and Dumbest. You appear to be missing Nasty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Glad you arent the type to belittle, insult and threaten other posters

In your own words
    E
    A
    D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too early to deal with that piece of s**t troll man. Just ignore that piece of trash.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Rex and I hope he has a 10 year run. Rex is a players coach which has an upside and a downside. Upside is that he gets more production out of players then otherwise expected. Downside is that he sticks with guys too long i.e.: the starting QB he drafted and is wedded to, Hunter, and a few of his aging slow LB's. I think he'll learn to fix the latter so as I said I'm hoping he's here long term.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    huh? Coughlin just "got it"? he built the jags and they went to the playoffs quickly as an expansion team, going 4-12, 9-7, 11-5, 11-5 and 14-2 in his first 5 years, with an owner that would not spend money. Like rex he went to two championship games.

Rex took over a 9-7 team and went 9-7 and 10-5, 8-8 and probably 8-8 again, how do you compare the two again?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    There is a third leg in that trifecta. Dumb, Nasty and Dumbest. You appear to be missing Nasty.
    Mr High an Mighty with another personal attack.

You sure practice what you get get up on your little pedestal and cry about!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-12-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    huh? Coughlin just "got it"? he built the jags and they went to the playoffs quickly as an expansion team, going 4-12, 9-7, 11-5, 11-5 and 14-2 in his first 5 years, with an owner that would not spend money. Like rex he went to two championship games.

Rex took over a 9-7 teamand went 9-7 and 10-5, 8-8 and probably 8-8 again, how do you compare the two again?
    Another load of crap spin.

He took over a team that was 9-7 because Brett Favre was the QB, a team that eventually imploded.

Rex has pretty much completely rebuilt that team since then starting with the QB position, and using a rookie QB to get to two AFCCG's

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Me High an Mighty with another personal attack.

You sure practice what you get get up on your little pedestal and cry about!
    Don't worry your little head Ray. You are not "Nasty".

But really though you do need to stop with the whole whining thing. It makes you sound like a little girl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    arf arf arf

hopefully the two wnining brigade lap dogs above enjoy a tasty dog biscuit as a treat

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Rex took over a 9-7 team and went 9-7 and 10-5, 8-8 and probably 8-8 again, how do you compare the two again?
    This thread is about learning as a coach. Coughlin had a completely different style until about 5-6 years ago when he was being called out by players, media, fans, etc., for it. He learned from past mistakes, he changed his approach. that's what I was talking about

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Another load of crap spin.

He took over a team that was 9-7 because Brett Favre was the QB, a team that eventually imploded.

Rex has pretty much completely rebuilt that team since then starting with the QB position, and using a rookie QB to get to two AFCCG's
    They were 9-7, and 10-6 the year before Pennington went down. And how do you compare a team with Revis, Harris, Mangold and Dbrick, Woody, Faneca, Rhodes, Thomas Jones, Shaun Ellis, Jenkins, Pace (27 YO) Brandon Moore at 28
    to starting an a expansion team. How is that crap?