Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would want to be our backup QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    After players see how we treated Drew Stanton and Tim Tebow, who is going to want to come to the Jets next year to backup Sanchez?

Both these players were lured by the "you'll be able to compete for the starting job" line. How much weight will those words carry now? And will it diminish our ability to draw a viable backup?
    Tim Tebow was never lured by anything. And neither of those guys were even suggested that they could start. Not saying it is right, but they've said Sanchez is the starter from day 1 of the offseason till the beginning of the season.

I bet Vince Young would like to be our backup QB next year.

Sanchez should be our BU next year. Ill take a rookie starter please.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    After players see how we treated Drew Stanton and Tim Tebow, who is going to want to come to the Jets next year to backup Sanchez?

Both these players were lured by the "you'll be able to compete for the starting job" line. How much weight will those words carry now? And will it diminish our ability to draw a viable backup?
    Any QB who would look at the Jets and say to themselves "I'll be the backup to Sanchez" must not think they even belong in the NFL. Any guy who can throw a forward pass is going to think he could beat Mark out for the job if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Oh, I thought it was laying in a cow pasture in Pennsylvania.

Are you that that is in PA? That looks like kentucky bluegrass to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Career passer rating of 80.5 compared to Sanchez' 72.9. Woot-woot.
    Did you watch Matt Moore in 2011, or earlier this year when he out played Mark Sanchez, or are you just speaking out of your ass?

He's a much better option. You know why? Because he isn't tied for the most turnovers in the NFL the last two years, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Did you watch Matt Moore in 2011, or earlier this year when he out played Mark Sanchez, or are you just speaking out of your ass?

He's a much better option. You know why? Because he isn't tied for the most turnovers in the NFL the last two years, that's why.
    I think a Matt Moore, Sanchez combo with McElroy backing up would be miles ahead of where we are now. Actually I like it better than drafting a QB in this year's draft.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I bet Vince Young would like to be our backup QB next year.
    This^

Tebow...Young
    Two qb's that can run .
    Maybe Tebow's maturity and Vince's need for a paycheck will turn Young around.
    Let Tebow and Young swap series.

McElroy as the 3rd qb.

And Sanchez to the PS, If he clears waivers of course

Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG2004 View Post
    This^

Tebow...Young
    Two qb's that can run .
    Maybe Tebow's maturity and Vince's need for a paycheck will turn Young around.
    Let Tebow and Young swap series.

McElroy as the 3rd qb.

And Sanchez to the PS, If he clears waivers of course
    Just to be clear, I was kidding. Vince Young is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Starting McElroy would be the death knell for Mike Tannenbaum's career with the Jets and frankly for his career as a GM anywhere in the league.
    As a McElroy supporter and a Tanny basher (especially after signing that bum Michigan Wolverine with a bad knee who seems to think NY is his home), this statement intrigues me.

Hall Of Fame
    Every single QB that is out of the league and doesn't have a job next year.

Thats who.

It will be much different next year. MT wont be the GM, so the new will not be pushing Rex to start Mark. You know MT said "come on rex I let you pick Coples, ect. I will let you pick again next yar if you start Mark" lol.. Sanchez will be in his last yr as a Jet.. The new GM wont bring him back, and will cut or trade him after next yr.. Sanchez may get the job if its close, but will be on the shortest leash possible.. Unlike now, Jets wont be stuck with Sanchez another year come next season..