Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The JETS will beat the Broncos in the first round of the playoffs!

In the dreamland where we do win out and somehow slip in as the 3 seed, Denver is the team I'd LEAST want to face.

Baltimore would be the best match-up. They're good, but not THAT good. It'd be a tough game but an upset isn't total crazy talk.

New England would be HUGE favorites obviously, but at least they're a rival who we've upset in the playoffs before (albeit with a better team). A pipe dream no doubt but the Pats at least have real weaknesses on defense.

Denver though, the chances of us beating Denver are about the same as the chances of Tim Tebow becoming an astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    No one is saying they are lock....far from it. But, if they don't win out, its academic - they aren't making the playoffs regardless. So, any discussion re scenarios is premised on the Jets winning out.

The chances of the Jets winning out are probably in the order of 20-25%
    So you're telling me there's a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    So the 6-7 Jets are locking 3 wins against 4 and 5 win teams, but the 9-4 Colts can't lock a solitary win against a 2-11 team? Come on bro....
    The game is in KC which can be a tough place to play.

Some light morning reading for you all today:

2009 Jets: A Nov. 22 beatdown by the Pats send the Jets to 4-6. The Jets win 6 of the final 7 to finish at 9-7 and grab a wild card.

2012 Jets: A Nov. 22 beatdown by the Pats send the Jets to 4-7. Jets have now won 2 straight with 3 to go. What's next??????

2009 Jets: Over the last 6 games of that season, a rookie running back named Shonn Greene began to see the field, splitting time with veteran starter Thomas Jones. Greene averaged 11 carries and 52 yards per game before busting out in the playoffs.

2012 Jets: Over the past 4 games, a young running back named Bilal Powell has begun to see the field, splitting time with veteran starter Shonn Greene. Powell has averaged 14 carries for 54 yards over that span.

2009 Jets: The Jets lost 3 straight while allowing 28 ppg before winning 6 of the final 7. Over the final 7 games, they allowed just under 8 ppg. And in the final 4 games, opponents converted just 10 of 54 3rd down conversions.

2012 Jets: In the 5 games prior to this current, modest 2-game winning streak, the Jets went 1-4, allowing 29.8 ppg. In the past 2, they've allowed 8 ppg and have held opponents to 2 of 31 3rd down conversions.

oh, how the similarities are piling up between 2009 and 2012!! do you believe? ps. thanks to my research dept. for compiling these undeniable, 100 percent factual statements.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    My comment was more towards the guy who made it seem like KC was some type of live underdog against the Colts with a good chance for the upset. The Chiefs are terrible, the record does not lie
    Nowhere did I say KC beating Indy was a lock or something that is sure to happen. All i'm saying is it's possilble. Belcher may have brought some life to the team, they now have a little something to play for. The game is in KC and Indy even after a good year has many holes. So if there was an upset here, Indy could easily lose out with the other 2 games being against Houston.

Mt bet is the Jets will lose all 3 of the remaining games. Does anyone remember the beatdown the Fins gave us?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Some light morning reading for you all today:

2009 Jets: A Nov. 22 beatdown by the Pats send the Jets to 4-6. The Jets win 6 of the final 7 to finish at 9-7 and grab a wild card.

2012 Jets: A Nov. 22 beatdown by the Pats send the Jets to 4-7. Jets have now won 2 straight with 3 to go. What's next??????

2009 Jets: Over the last 6 games of that season, a rookie running back named Shonn Greene began to see the field, splitting time with veteran starter Thomas Jones. Greene averaged 11 carries and 52 yards per game before busting out in the playoffs.

2012 Jets: Over the past 4 games, a young running back named Bilal Powell has begun to see the field, splitting time with veteran starter Shonn Greene. Powell has averaged 14 carries for 54 yards over that span.

2009 Jets: The Jets lost 3 straight while allowing 28 ppg before winning 6 of the final 7. Over the final 7 games, they allowed just under 8 ppg. And in the final 4 games, opponents converted just 10 of 54 3rd down conversions.

2012 Jets: In the 5 games prior to this current, modest 2-game winning streak, the Jets went 1-4, allowing 29.8 ppg. In the past 2, they've allowed 8 ppg and have held opponents to 2 of 31 3rd down conversions.

oh, how the similarities are piling up between 2009 and 2012!! do you believe? ps. thanks to my research dept. for compiling these undeniable, 100 percent factual statements.

Interesting. Reminds me of the Lincoln–Kennedy coincidences

Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    In the dreamland where we do win out and somehow slip in as the 3 seed, Denver is the team I'd LEAST want to face.

Baltimore would be the best match-up. They're good, but not THAT good. It'd be a tough game but an upset isn't total crazy talk.

New England would be HUGE favorites obviously, but at least they're a rival who we've upset in the playoffs before (albeit with a better team). A pipe dream no doubt but the Pats at least have real weaknesses on defense.

Denver though, the chances of us beating Denver are about the same as the chances of Tim Tebow becoming an astronaut.

Or, us beating Manning and Brady in consecutive weeks ( like the 2010 season)

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would honestly be with you if Sanchez wasn't playing so poorly.

At this point, I just don't see how this team can win with Sanchez as QB.
    His problem is a lack of confidence. I'm more sure than ever after watching the YouTube vids of Brayland. Sanchez looked great at avoiding the rush and throwing on the run.

Maybe a few weeks of winning will give him the confidence to be that player again.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Or, us beating Manning and Brady in consecutive weeks ( like the 2010 season)
    Can we bring back the 2010 roster and 2010 Sanchez? Can we give Manning back his 2010 Colts roster? Maybe the NFL will let this happen, let's just invent a time machine