Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The JETS will beat the Broncos in the first round of the playoffs!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    So the 6-7 Jets are locking 3 wins against 4 and 5 win teams, but the 9-4 Colts can't lock a solitary win against a 2-11 team? Come on bro....
    No one is saying they are lock....far from it. But, if they don't win out, its academic - they aren't making the playoffs regardless. So, any discussion re scenarios is premised on the Jets winning out.

The chances of the Jets winning out are probably in the order of 20-25%

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    No one is saying they are lock....far from it. But, if they don't win out, its academic - they aren't making the playoffs regardless. So, any discussion re scenarios is premised on the Jets winning out.

The chances of the Jets winning out are probably in the order of 20-25%
    My comment was more towards the guy who made it seem like KC was some type of live underdog against the Colts with a good chance for the upset. The Chiefs are terrible, the record does not lie

Jets Insider VIP
    OMG- I knew this would happen. the Kool aid has been served. UGH

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    And I would tell Bronco fans, "Be careful what you wish for."
    And I'd tell you: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    And I'd tell you: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
    Yeah, looking at your posts, I bet you know all about that bunkie.

Veteran
    Nobody is rooting harder for us to make it in the playoffs than the Broncos and their fans. Not the guy who started this thread. Not Ray Ray. Nobody.

Broncos would open as 14-17 point favorites
    I would take that bet. Rex has Peyton's number.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Yeah, looking at your posts, I bet you know all about that bunkie.
    Because I refuse to get down on my knees for Braylon Edwards and his OUTSTANDING diminishing productivity and have a realistic outlook on the season? (We're not winning a playoff game even if we back our way in again)

Okay.
    Last edited by 124; 12-12-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Wait, what?

Because of a one point win when Peyton was with a barely healthy Pierre Garcon, no running game and no TE in the 2010 Wild Card Round?

Indianapolis has kicked Baltimore's and the Jets' asses when Rex Ryan was a DC/HC prior.

Veteran
    Wait, what?

Because of a one point win when Peyton was with a barely healthy Pierre Garcon, no running game and no TE in the 2010 Wild Card Round?

Indianapolis has kicked Baltimore's and the Jets' asses when Rex Ryan was a DC/HC prior.
    They didn't exactly smoke us in 2009. Peyton made some good adjustments in the second half, but I would take a 17 point spread for sure vs Denver. They have a new QB, the rest of the offense is the same, and we can handle their pass rush. Their defense is nothing special outside of that.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I don't think Indy has it wrapped up at all. It really comes down to the KC game. If Indy loses to KC, who now has a little life and something to play for, Indy could lose out. Indy has Houston twice and KC. I really see Indy losing both Houston games. With Houston losing to NE, they must play hard and can't rest anyone for Homefield throughout or at least a bye.
    This.

I think it is quite realistic that indy could lose 3 games. Not likely, but it is a possibility. how did we beat indy so bad?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Because I refuse to get down on my knees for Braylon Edwards and his OUTSTANDING diminishing productivity and have a realistic outlook on the season? (We're not winning a playoff game even if we back our way in again)

Okay.
    Oh Chillax.

My comment was intended to be generally speaking, that one she be careful what they wish for. Ya just never know. The Jets on the whole this year have been so bad, they could be dangerous IF they stumbled into the playoffs. The bonus would be that more than likely Pittsburgh would be playing golf. A fitting end for their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    per my dream last night. It was so realistic that I actually woke up will 3 quarters of a stiffy.

Seriously though, I must be insane ( or maybe my wife is poisoning me), but I think we can win out and pull a major upset in the 1st rd of the playoffs. I know we look like sh*t, but my gut tells me we're going on a major roll!
    I would honestly be with you if Sanchez wasn't playing so poorly.

At this point, I just don't see how this team can win with Sanchez as QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    per my dream last night. It was so realistic that I actually woke up will 3 quarters of a stiffy.

Seriously though, I must be insane ( or maybe my wife is poisoning me), but I think we can win out and pull a major upset in the 1st rd of the playoffs. I know we look like sh*t, but my gut tells me we're going on a major roll!
    Lol. This post wonderfully encapsulates the gleefully delusional hopefulness of Jets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    How so? Peyton annihilated us in 2009 AFC CG and played pretty well individually in the 2010 wildcard game (his surrounding team was awful that year)

Either way, the Broncos D would probably shut out our offense and they'd cover that way

Okay.
    Dude, didn't you know? Now we matchup well against the Broncos, even though they have a top 5 O, top 5 D, a Hall of Fame QB having an MVP season, and a potential DPOY who has a million sacks. We have them RIGHT where we want them, that 7-6 victory over the Cards will show them!

IN YOUR DREAMS !!! Ummmmm

I actually believe we can beat the Broncos in the post season if things go well for us. Peyton Manning chokes a lot in the post season. He's great in the regular season but his performances in big games over his career have been pretty crappy.

Dude, didn't you know? Now we matchup well against the Broncos, even though they have a top 5 O, top 5 D, a Hall of Fame QB having an MVP season, and a potential DPOY who has a million sacks. We have them RIGHT where we want them, that 7-6 victory over the Cards will show them!
    LOL.

My mistake.

Hall Of Fame
    Do any of our players have sickle cell?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I actually believe we can beat the Broncos in the post season if things go well for us. Peyton Manning chokes a lot in the post season. He's great in the regular season but his performances in big games over his career have been pretty crappy.
    He's actually a higher rated passer in the playoffs than Brady and this is the best D he's ever played with in his entire career. If you think we can beat the Broncos in Mile High, you must think we can win the Super Bowl because that's the caliber of team it will take to beat Denver this season, especially there. I also have a bridge to sell you....