Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylonís Return Seals Mike Tís Fate

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys don't get it.
    This is a brilliant strategic move by Tanny. Everyone killed him for letting Edwards go, so, now that every other team under the sun has cut this guy, Tanny says, OK, we have no choice, but don't say I didn't warn ya!

Edwards goes down with some silly injury on Monday night & Tanny says I told you I was right all along.

BRILLIANT!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does signing a guy who has been on 2 teams in 2 seasons on a 1 yr contract both seasons and gets released in December both seasons "seal" his fate?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahem, I called thios yesterday. Good bye Mike T.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best thing Braylon did for our offense was jump up and snag balls that Sanchez threw 4 feet over his head. Those passes have been INTs these past 2 years.

On the list of why Tanny should be fired Braylon is near the bottom.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prettttty sure I made a thread about this in the preseason, Philadelphia to be exact, called "Fire Tannenbaum" and got chased out off town for it. Then about 4 weeks later, I started another thread that got locked and dumped.

Nice to believe my eyes and not go with the popular opinion.

BTW Sanchez sucks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    How does signing a guy who has been on 2 teams in 2 seasons on a 1 yr contract both seasons and gets released in December both seasons "seal" his fate?
    Oh, I don't know. Maybe because the "guy" just went on national media a week ago and called his current boss an idiot, and this signing basically proves that Mike Tannenbaum and the NY Jets front office are, in fact, idiots? The more I think about it, this probably really is the nail in the coffin. The Post was right. They really are clowns.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    His history speaks of his worth.

Cleveland needed WRs and sent him to us.

We needed WRs and let him go, signing scrubs to replace him.

SF was desperate for a WR and let him go.

Seattle heading to the playoffs with a rookie QB set him free.

We signed him out of pure desperation and with no one else interested.

Stanger scenarios work out, who knows
    If he didn't make the comment in the media, I would actually be for this pickup, because he always had a great chemistry with Mark. You're right on this history but sometimes people just bounce around unappreciated. I think Braylon is a great guy who just has a problem when he has too many drinks off the field. Guy is a hard worker.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Maybe because the "guy" just went on national media a week ago and called his current boss an idiot, and this signing basically proves that Mike Tannenbaum and the NY Jets front office are, in fact, idiots? The more I think about it, this probably really is the nail in the coffin. The Post was right. They really are clowns.
    So if the Jets didn't sign Bray this week you wouldn't be screaming for him to be signed?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Enjoy your last 3 weeks Mike.
    Mike stays.

Rex goes.

Book it.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike stays.

Rex goes.

Book it.

SAR I
    Think Tanny gets demoted?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike stays.

Rex goes.

Book it.

SAR I
    GMs without a division title or super bowl do not get to hire a 3rd head coach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Ding ding ding !

Even Mangini said the Gholston pick was all Tanny.

Even though the Browns aren't good still, look what he did to their defense.
    He really didn't help the Browns a whole lot. Most of his D patches are gone. He drafted some OK players but overall if you look at the talent he past on in the draft he failed. He traded down twice to take a C and 2 failed WRs and a bust DE. Where as he could have had Harvin, Alphonso Smith, Andy Levitre, and LeSean McCoy. He built an OL and not much else. In the 2 years he drafted players he didn't help them a whole lot. Mike Holmgren did more in the last 2 years and was fired for his good work.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some players are only suited for one team period,this could be Braylon's only team he is suited for.kinda makes no sense but it does happen like that

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Tanny's had some good moves along the way, his head scratchers outweigh them. The lack of roster depth and overall talent falls on him. As does the Sanchez pick, which is ultimately what will get him the axe.

And the fact that Braylon is a Jet a week after calling the FO idiots is a little strange. But this was not all Tanny. He definitely had to get the OK from Woody on this one.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Why? I dont get it? This team is desperate for help at WR and whether ppl want to think it is real or not we ARE in the playoff hunt.

Braylon was the only real option out there plus he is comfortable with Sanchez. He is the only guy with any chance to provide a real spark at this point.

If Tanny loses his job it will have nothing to do with this low risk high reward pick up. If anything he will lose his job for not signing Braylon at the beginning of the year to give this team some talent at WR.
    Agreed and I'm just happy we're making moves again that make sense, it had been a long while.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike stays.

Rex goes.

Book it.

SAR I
    The players are still playing hard for REX. I say give him one more year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    While Tanny's had some good moves along the way, his head scratchers outweigh them. The lack of roster depth and overall talent falls on him. As does the Sanchez pick, which is ultimately what will get him the axe.

And the fact that Braylon is a Jet a week after calling the FO idiots is a little strange. But this was not all Tanny. He definitely had to get the OK from Woody on this one.
    See just your statement about the Sanchez pick is wrong. Rex wanted Sanchez turned to Mike during Marks workout and said "that's our guy"
    Woody was there too

People mistake bad picks / lack of talent for poor development sometimes, which is the responsibility of the coaches.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    See just your statement about the Sanchez pick is wrong. Rex wanted Sanchez turned to Mike during Marks workout and said "that's our guy"
    Woody was there too

People mistake bad picks / lack of talent for poor development sometimes, which is the responsibility of the coaches.
    I see what you're saying. It was Rex's first pick as coach and the Jets needed a QB and needed to make a splash. Rex and Woody are definitely on the hook for Sanchez as well. Draft picks tend to be group decisions, especially fifth overall picks (or trade ups to get to #5).

The defensive backs, defensive line, offensive line are parts of the team that have developed or seem to be developing. Sanchez hasn't and while Cavanaugh certainly gets some of that blame, good players begin to figure it out on their own eventually. Sanchez seems to be more lost than ever. Same mistakes over and over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike stays.

Rex goes.

Book it.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The players are still playing hard for REX. I say give him one more year.
    Unbelievable how Rex gets killed. 28-20 record with two playoff appearances and deep playoff runs first three seasons he's here, gets us closer to SB than any other coach since Namath was the qb, we're now 6-7 with a roster that has ZERO talent at the skill positions and Revis and Holmes on IR yet Rex Ryan is somehow on the chopping block.

Unreal the perception the media has implanted in people's heads of Rex Ryan. Is he flawed? Sure. Does he say stupid sh_t? Yes. The guy is a good football coach I don't give a F what the media and narcisstic clowns like Fatcessa scream everyday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike stays.

Rex goes.

Book it.

SAR I
    you know that aint happening especially if they get to 8-8 or dare i dream, 9-7.