Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 133

Thread: Braylonís Return Seals Mike Tís Fate

  1. #81
    MT is a terrible GM. He is a math/cap nerd, thats why Parcells kept im around.. He certaintly shouldnt be making any football decisions.


    Tony Sparano may have been a good OC in the 1960's. But man, he may be worse than Shotty.. Another great move by Tanny..

    Rex will do well as HC If he has a GM who can evalute talent, Draft and FA.. Not extend contracts of bad or unproven players. and a OC who can hold his own.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    MT is a terrible GM. He is a math/cap nerd, thats why Parcells kept im around.. He certaintly shouldnt be making any football decisions.


    Tony Sparano may have been a good OC in the 1960's. But man, he may be worse than Shotty.. Another great move by Tanny..

    Rex will do well as HC If he has a GM who can evalute talent, Draft and FA.. Not extend contracts of bad or unproven players. and a OC who can hold his own.
    LOL, trolls are coming out of the woodwork now...

    Sparano wasn't a Tanny move geniusr

    And how could anybody fairly evaluate Sparano after 13 games with the injuries he's had to deal with on offense this year?

    @ all of these internet experts

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    See, I get what you're saying and I agree to an extent. The FO ****ed up and gave him a bunch of jags to play with. However, my issue with him is the overall accuracy, timing, bad pocket awareness, bad decision-making, and the turnovers.

    I'm willing to admit that Mark doesn't have much at all to work with. But, put the dropped passes aside and you can see just how bad Mark is. I mean, you can't blame the butt fumble on anyone but him.

    I'm just not sure if a new CS and GM can fix those issues. I would think that at a certain point, those things have become ingrained into him to the point that he can't recover. I feel bad for him, I really do.
    Sanchez has been coached into a QBot...so he's not a QB anymore. All of his good football instincts and mobility, that he showed in college, has been coached out of him. He's a trauma case that may never recover. IMO...it's best for him to move on and try to revive his career elsewhere.

    I remember Sanchez in his first game in Houston against the Texans. He moved out of the pocket and ran towards the near sideline to avoid pressure, saw a Jets receiver, all the way over on the opposite sideline...running down the field and waving at Sanchez for the ball. Sanchez quickly flicked his wrist on the run, and delivered an accurate pass to the receiver. It was about 35 yards across the field, and about 10-15 yards forward, for a 1st down.

    It wasn't an RGIII play. Or a Cam Newton one. Nor a Russell Wilson one. It was a Sanchez play. It was what made him effective in college...throwing well on the run. Those other three were allowed to use their instincts and improvise what they did well in college, and incorporate it against NFL defenses.

    IMO...it was important for Sanchez to be encouraged to use his mobility to throw well on the run, at the very beginning of his Jets career. Cause he was competing against NFL defenses on the experience of only 16 college starts. But Schotty and his playbook...with Cavanaugh and Rex not objecting...decided that Sanchez had to be groomed into a pocket passing robot. Having to do this with all that motion nonsense that Favre wouldn't put up with. It succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

    Mark Sanchez...QBot NYJ.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Sanchez has been coached into a QBot...so he's not a QB anymore. All of his good football instincts and mobility, that he showed in college, has been coached out of him. He's a trauma case that may never recover. IMO...it's best for him to move on and try to revive his career elsewhere.

    I remember Sanchez in his first game in Houston against the Texans. He moved out of the pocket and ran towards the near sideline to avoid pressure, saw a Jets receiver, all the way over on the opposite sideline...running down the field and waving at Sanchez for the ball. Sanchez quickly flicked his wrist on the run, and delivered an accurate pass to the receiver. It was about 35 yards across the field, and about 10-15 yards forward, for a 1st down.

    It wasn't an RGIII play. Or a Cam Newton one. Nor a Russell Wilson one. It was a Sanchez play. It was what made him effective in college...throwing well on the run. Those other three were allowed to use their instincts and improvise what they did well in college, and incorporate it against NFL defenses.

    IMO...it was important for Sanchez to be encouraged to use his mobility to throw well on the run, at the very beginning of his Jets career. Cause he was competing against NFL defenses on the experience of only 16 college starts. But Schotty and his playbook...with Cavanaugh and Rex not objecting...decided that Sanchez had to be groomed into a pocket passing robot. Having to do this with all that motion nonsense that Favre wouldn't put up with. It succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

    Mark Sanchez...QBot NYJ.
    The biggest change that needs to be made this off-season, and I mean on day #1 of the off-season, is the firing of Cavanaugh, and the hiring of a bonafied QB coach and maybe even a former OC/QB coach to help Sparano run the passing offense, like the team was trying to do last year with Sparano and Todd Haley. I think Haley would have been the hire if he didn't get a legit OC offer, that is why it took so long, and it probably also hurt the Jets other option and attempt to go after David Lee, the QB coach and assistant to Gailey up in Buffalo, who previously worked with Sparano in Miami.

    Gailey could be a casualty this off-season, David Lee would then be free, I think that would be a good hire.

    But I want this regime back, as it is, but the QB coaching change is an absolute must.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

    See, I get what you're saying and I agree to an extent. The FO ****ed up and gave him a bunch of jags to play with. However, my issue with him is the overall accuracy, timing, bad pocket awareness, bad decision-making, and the turnovers.
    Accuracy and Timing: Attributable to a cast of receivers that he has no experience with, no comfort level with, under an offensive coordinator that all agree is the worst in the NFL.

    Pocket Awareness and Decision-Making: Attributable to a weak offensive line that gives him no time, receivers that aren't where they are supposed to be, and the utter lack of a dump-off running back to bail him out like all other NFL QB's have.

    Turnovers: Attributable to all of the above.

    Here's what helps me sleep well at night when it comes to Mark Sanchez: He demonstrated most of these traits numerous times in high school, college, and the pros. He's played in more playoff games than all the other Jets quarterbacks combined. He's battle-tested, strong on the road, good trailing late in games, doesn't fear pressure.

    Things went south for Mark when things went south for the whole team. We lost too many good playmakers, too many good leaders, hired suspect coordinators, got thin at key positions, didn't shore up the OL, didn't replace dependable weapons. Mark is just a piece of the puzzle.

    SAR I

  6. #86
    Rexipus Rex Wait, so if Tannenbaum is taking his cues from his head coaches on draft picks:

    1) That's a pretty crappy form of "leadership." As a GM, the buck stops with you. In the front office hierarchy, GM >>> HC. Ultimately it is your call and you own it.


    Well, apparently Woody Johnson likes the half of the 2006 youngster shakeup that's still here. Mangini didn't survive, Tannenbaum did.. And, perhaps, in order to get Rex Ryan to come here we needed to make concessions to how the front office was going to run when it came to personnel.

    What we do know is that we have a 'committee' approach to the draft, lots of scouts, and Terry Bradway who's been around the block.

    2) Why the hell is he here then? Seriously. If that's the case, you just hire a coach who has the final call on all personnel decisions. You keep Ari Nissim to continue to manage the cap and do contract negotiations and you let the HC and Pro Player Personnel and College Scouting staff up to the personnel decisions.

    He's here because in order to retain him as a brilliant capologist we had to give him a fancy title and control of the team. But the fact that Terry Bradway was not let go, was retained, has always supported the theory that Mike is a great negotiator, businessman, and cap manager but delegates much of the talent management to others- Ryan and Bradway being the obvious choices.

    There are very few "good coaches" in the league, hence why they get canned so quickly.

    The teams that have a revolving door at the coaching position (i.e. Oakland/Cleveland) are the garbage teams. The teams that are stable tend to have better records. We have a coach with a winning record after four seasons. Who many coaches can say that, Christ, let alone get the opportunity to get fired. Nearly half the league's coaches have been at their team for three years or less and good amount of them will be fired.


    I don't want to hear this "revolving door" comment any more. We all know that it's better to have stability at head coach. We get it. We're not stupid.

    The issue is that you can't have a strategy to stick with a single HC for a decade unless you find one worthy enough to bestow that type of confidence. I don't care how many wins Rex Ryan accumulated 3 years ago with Eric Mangini's personnel. I care how many losses Rex Ryan accumulated these last 30 games with his hand-selected guys. I care how he's not growing. I care how he's still just a glorified defensive coordinator with a big title.

    Do we have the greatest coach? No. Does he have flaws? Obviously, but all coaches not named Belichick (and perhaps Jim Harbaugh, still early) have flaws. We happen to have an above average coach who also happens to be the brightest defensive mind this side of Dick LeBeau.

    No different than any other position. You draft a kid, he gets 3 or 4 seasons, he's gone if he isn't what you need. Head coach, same thing. And while you can make a case for retaining Sanchez because of the bum talent he was given, you don't do that for Ryan because he runs the whole team, he decided to puff up the defense and it's backfired.

    After four years, we will have a coach with an overall winning record despite fielding a QB who will finish in the bottom three in two of his four years, bottom ten one year, and middle of the pack the other. That's pretty good coaching to overcome that IMHO.

    We are headed backwards. We were better when Ryan arrived than when he's leaving. We are too loose, too relaxed, too comfortable. Our fat-cats play like lazy rap stars, not hungry footballers.

    SAR I

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are headed backwards. We were better when Ryan arrived than when he's leaving. We are too loose, too relaxed, too comfortable. Our fat-cats play like lazy rap stars, not hungry footballers.

    SAR I
    Based on the last several games...

    WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    MT is a terrible GM. He is a math/cap nerd, thats why Parcells kept im around.. He certaintly shouldnt be making any football decisions.


    Tony Sparano may have been a good OC in the 1960's. But man, he may be worse than Shotty.. Another great move by Tanny..

    Rex will do well as HC If he has a GM who can evalute talent, Draft and FA.. Not extend contracts of bad or unproven players. and a OC who can hold his own.
    Another clueless poster. Sparano was Rex's choice genius.

  9. #89
    lol Rayray and Cmart you guys are funny.

    RayRay are you defending MT? all the injuries? yes holmes and Keller on O. Thats two.. Hill just went down not counting him.. It does seem like we have lost so much more because MT didnt put any weapons out there to begin with.. So you dont blame MT for that, or any blame for the hiring of Sparano? what is the job of GM then? Rex Ryan does not "hire" coaches.. He tell management who he prefers..like in the draft..Final say is GM.. And I thought its pretty well known Rex Ryan is not exactly the type of HC who should be calling the shots on O decisions, especially the guy who will be running it.. Since Rex considers himself head DC.. The guy was nowhere near qualified to be OC.. And thats not ju me saying it.. He was an Co-Ocord, with shawn Payton, ya wonder who was in charge.. You defend him, yet you say Jets should "bring in someone to help him with the passing plays/calls?" Atleast you agree he doesnt know what hes doing with the passing game, never has.. And this is turning more and more into a passing league.. He single handedly cost Jets the game agianst the Pats.. The lost two FG drives, were the most weakest conservative calls I have ever seen.. There were other terrible calls I wish to forget..

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    lol Rayray and Cmart you guys are funny.

    RayRay are you defending MT? all the injuries? yes holmes and Keller on O. Thats two.. Hill just went down not counting him.. It does seem like we have lost so much more because MT didnt put any weapons out there to begin with.. So you dont blame MT for that, or any blame for the hiring of Sparano? what is the job of GM then? Rex Ryan does not "hire" coaches.. He tell management who he prefers..like in the draft..Final say is GM.. And I thought its pretty well known Rex Ryan is not exactly the type of HC who should be calling the shots on O decisions, especially the guy who will be running it.. Since Rex considers himself head DC.. The guy was nowhere near qualified to be OC.. And thats not ju me saying it.. He was an Co-Ocord, with shawn Payton, ya wonder who was in charge.. You defend him, yet you say Jets should "bring in someone to help him with the passing plays/calls?" Atleast you agree he doesnt know what hes doing with the passing game, never has.. And this is turning more and more into a passing league.. He single handedly cost Jets the game agianst the Pats.. The lost two FG drives, were the most weakest conservative calls I have ever seen.. There were other terrible calls I wish to forget..
    Only Holmes and Revis?

    It started in training camp, Holmes, Kerley, Schilens, and Hill, all four were out for much of camp. Then down goes Baker, and Keller at TE in pre season, before season even started, Sanchez was already dealing with his top skill players all out, and little time to learn offense together and gain chemistry.

    Holmes goes down in week 3, Keller has missed most of season with multiple injuries. Hill has been up and down on the active roster all year, hamstring, and now knee. Cumberland too. Then the RB's, Powell and McKnight have all lost significant time. The Jets have been a revolving door at WR and RB on active roster and 53 man roster bringing in players off the street and putting them in the game plan.

    Last week against the Jags, it was Kerley, Schilens, and street sign Gilyard as the top WR's when Hill went down, and Rueland as only TE available when Cumberland went down due to hamstring issue. He came back at end of game to make the big pass play to help seal the game, yet there are, quoting Edwards, "idiots" who killed Sanchez and Sparano for such a conservative offensive attack.

    Do some of of you even watch this team?

    As or Sparano's qualifications, get your facts straight, it was Sparano calling the offense under Parcells when he and Payton coached together in Dallas. It was Parcells that gave Sparano the job in Miami to run the team. How can you, a nobody, question Sparano's qualifications? You just joined the board, you prance here like you've been here all year, are you even a Jets fan? How long?

    The Pats game was lost on Hills drop, and yet another shameless series of acts by the refs to make sure they took care of their boss' team (ie Kraft).
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-13-2012 at 05:43 AM.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are headed backwards. We were better when Ryan arrived than when he's leaving. We are too loose, too relaxed, too comfortable. Our fat-cats play like lazy rap stars, not hungry footballers.

    SAR I
    I don't know what "fat-cats" you are talking about? I could go down a list of guys and not find a single one who dogs it out there. Seems to me the defense has been playing all out. Greene and Powell have been running as hard as they have all season. The OL is starting to open big holes. Hell, even Schilens is starting to come down with the tough catches. Joe McKnight, migranes, yet still gets out there and returns kicks.

    And the way this team has cut down on penalties tells me they are becoming more disciplined, not playing lazy.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I don't know what "fat-cats" you are talking about? I could go down a list of guys and not find a single one who dogs it out there. Seems to me the defense has been playing all out. Greene and Powell have been running as hard as they have all season. The OL is starting to open big holes. Hell, even Schilens is starting to come down with the tough catches. Joe McKnight, migranes, yet still gets out there and returns kicks.

    And the way this team has cut down on penalties tells me they are becoming more disciplined, not playing lazy.
    SAR doesn't really know the game, he barely watches the game, just enjoys his VIP access, and opportunity to brag about his stature with his kind. It's all about stroking that ego and lacking self esteem due to insecurities growing up. Nobody in the neighborhood wanted to play with poor SAR, they didn't care about great he thought he was with the silver spoon in his mouth, he's making up for it now, partly on this board with his schtick, the rest of us just have to deal with it. Fireman Ed, people who have earned their way in life disgust him.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    what can we do to seal Corey Griffin's (whatever the F that is) fate???
    LOL Corey's inaccurate article licks b@lls

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    SAR doesn't really know the game, he barely watches the game, just enjoys his VIP access, and opportunity to brag about his stature with his kind. It's all about stroking that ego and lacking self esteem due to insecurities growing up. Nobody in the neighborhood wanted to play with poor SAR, they didn't care about great he thought he was with the silver spoon in his mouth, he's making up for it now, partly on this board with his schtick, the rest of us just have to deal with it. Fireman Ed, people who have earned their way in life disgust him.
    In short he's a loser

  15. #95
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    As or Sparano's qualifications, get your facts straight, it was Sparano calling the offense under Parcells when he and Payton coached together in Dallas.
    The year Sparano was calling the offense, it was Todd Haley who was running the passing game. Would have been hard for Payton to be with Sparano that year when he was HC of the Saints.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    How can you, a nobody, question Sparano's qualifications? You just joined the board, you prance here like you've been here all year, are you even a Jets fan? How long?
    Maybe you should get your facts straight before lecturing others as to their knowledge and qualifications.

  16. #96
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,970
    Bring in Norv Turner as OC, and replace Tanny with AJ Smith. Tanny has failed at the GM poistion. I don't care what is cost, Woody needs to get them both here next year once they're let go by SD at years end.

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,153
    Two of the worst ever suggestions in history

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The year Sparano was calling the offense, it was Todd Haley who was running the passing game. Would have been hard for Payton to be with Sparano that year when he was HC of the Saints.



    Maybe you should get your facts straight before lecturing others as to their knowledge and qualifications.
    LOL, you felt all good about yourself after that one.

    The poster I responded to was also wrong, but you don't care about that, you get a hard-on only when I post.

    The point is, Sparano didn't defer to Haley or Payton, he ran the offense, which was the point of my rebuttal.

    It's just too funny how you get up on your pedestal up at anything I post and you have an opportunity to respond to.

    Such a schmuck!

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, you felt all good about yourself after that one.

    The poster I responded to was also wrong, but you don't care about that, you get a hard-on only when I post.

    The point is, Sparano didn't defer to Haley or Payton, he ran the offense, which was the point of my rebuttal.

    It's just too funny how you get up on your pedestal up at anything I post and you have an opportunity to respond to.

    Such a schmuck!
    So, your defense here is, "THAT OTHER GUY WAS WRONG, TOO!"

    Oh, Rah Rah. You so cray!

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So, your defense here is, "THAT OTHER GUY WAS WRONG, TOO!"

    Oh, Rah Rah. You so cray!
    My defense is that I knew Sparano ran the offense, but that he shared duties with a passing coordinator, so I ****ing mixed up Payton and Haley, it's hardly a big miss, the ******* Jordy was only interested in thumping his chest because it was me. Any other poster, he doesn't even bother responding.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us