Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Braylonís Return Seals Mike Tís Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    My defense is that I knew Sparano ran the offense, but that he shared duties with a passing coordinator, so I ****ing mixed up Payton and Haley, it's hardly a big miss, the ******* Jordy was only interested in thumping his chest because it was me. Any other poster, he doesn't even bother responding.

To be fair, you do present a tempting target.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    To be fair, you do present a tempting target.
    Yeah, mostly to those that are butthurt because I have a problem with certain posters, and there are posters here who love to play message board police.

Yeah, mostly to those that are butthurt because I have a problem with certain posters, and there are posters here who love to play message board police.
    I think some of their problem is that you seem like a huge homer. Not the biggest (3rdTimesDaKoolaid out homers you by a mile), but still. This is especially true when you add the realists into the mix.

I think some of their problem is that you seem like a huge homer. Not the biggest (3rdTimesDaKoolaid out homers you by a mile), but still. This is especially true when you add the realists into the mix.
    I'm a homer because I don't dump o every player or coach and go into complete implosion mode like some on this board.

Right, I think too many are giving up on Sanchez, I think he's had a raw deal, I think his struggles have for more to do with the players around him this year because of injury, and not because he sucks and will never be...

That isn't being a homer, that's just understanding there are many factors that impact an NFL player, and a team.

My glass is half full, I guess that makes me a homer too.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Braylon’s Return Seals Mike T’s Fate
    Posted by Corey Griffin on Dec 12, 2012 in Main, Opinion | 1 comment

Signing Braylon Edwards will be the final nail in Mike Tannenbaum’s coffin. Book it.
    It won’t be a particularly large nail – and, to be honest, the coffin is pretty much sealed up – but it will lock in the air, finally suffocating the man largely responsible for an agitated fan base and a piss-poor excuse for an NFL roster.
    Edwards is a reminder of Tannenbaum’s greatest failures and the downward descent the franchise has been on since then. Every time he catches a pass, there will be at least a fleeting thought of “what could have been.” If he struggles to adapt in a short time, there will be anger over having to turn to a free agent wideout in the throes of a desperate playoff chase due to a barren cupboard.
    It’s no secret that Mr. T is largely to blame for a wide receiver corps that was so woefully maintained that signing Edwards is met with universal acclaim by Gang Green Nation – to say nothing of the quarterback, the linebackers, the pass rush or the startling lack of playmakers at almost every position. But it’s the return of Edwards that brings Tannenbaum’s Jets legacy full circle, to his decision to walk away from the two players best suited to Mark Sanchez’s game – Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery.
    Isn’t it interesting that speculation swirled around the possible returns of both Edwards and Cotchery this past offseason? It wasn’t even a year since Tannenbaum parted with them in favor of Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason. But shortly after the speculation (leak?), suddenly Tanny wasn’t interested in either, content to roll into the season painfully low on depth or reliable talent beyond Holmes and maybe Jeremy Kerley (Patrick Turner sure worked out, eh?).

Oh, what a time it was
    As “The Beard” returns to Florham Park, so do memories of high-point catches in Indianapolis and New England. But those memories are long gone, faded due in large part to a front office that is no longer trusted by player and agent alike. Long before Edwards called Tannebaum and Co. “idiots,” there were plenty of former and current Jets doing the same thing. In the interest of being cold and calculating, Tannenabum became straight up deceitful.
    He cut bait with character player after character player, citing the “get out one year early rather than one year too late” method, and for the most part it worked. But eventually when you disenfranchise enough quality people (not players, but people), you suddenly have a roster of people looking for a payday rather than a solid team. He reportedly lied to players and agents about future contract extensions and the game of chicken he played with Darrelle Revis’ agents to this day remains the shallowest, most disturbing thing I’ve ever seen on Hard Knocks.
    His treatment of players has led to a locker room that has no problem going to the tabloids as soon as they’re disgruntled. And who can blame them?
    Edwards wasn’t wrong. Tannenbaum IS an idiot. He’s an idiot for replacing Leon Washington with Joe McKnight after reportedly screwing Washington over on a contract. He’s a bigger idiot for paying Holmes over Edwards and alienating Cotchery to the point where Cotchery demanded out. And don’t get me started on the Plax and Mason experiment.
    But now, hat in injury-riddled hand, Tannebaum has to go back to Edwards because his cap-strapped team couldn’t afford decent veteran wideouts and has little to no faith in a player like Jordan White to step in and at least know the offense enough to play limited snaps. The fact that it comes a week after Edwards outwardly ripped Tannebaum only adds to the splendor and sends a loud-and-clear message to a locker room already disgruntled with the front office.
    Tannenbaum has no clue what he is doing. He is completely under water, swinging his arms wildly and hoping to latch onto a life preserver. Except the team that might actually save this season would probably prefer to see him lose his job.

Thought it was worthy of debate.
    Great post. And lets not forget he tried to get rid of Cromartie this season. Imagine how bad our corners would be....
    Last edited by jetvol1; 12-16-2012 at 01:56 AM.

I'm a homer because I don't dump o every player or coach and go into complete implosion mode like some on this board.

Right, I think too many are giving up on Sanchez, I think he's had a raw deal, I think his struggles have for more to do with the players around him this year because of injury, and not because he sucks and will never be...

That isn't being a homer, that's just understanding there are many factors that impact an NFL player, and a team.

My glass is half full, I guess that makes me a homer too.
    It's not that you see the glass as half-full. That's perfectly fine. The problem is that you don't see that the glass is half-full with ass water.

Sanchez had a raw deal, yes. But the turnovers and complete lack of pocket awareness as well as horrific accuracy? And in his 4th year? The guy sucks, raw deal or not.

As far as our coaches, Rex is clearly a derp who writes checks that his ass can't cash. BLARG GON WIN DA BOWL! BLARG FOR REAL DIS TIME! BLARGE GON FIND THE PULSE OF DA TEAM! BLARG BESS DEFENSIVE MIND IN DA LEEG! Not to mention the fact that he completely and utterly ignores the offensive side of the ball. And Tony? My niece could draw up better plays using her crayons (makes it easier for Mark to understand).

Acknowledging that our team is very bad isn't being an SOJF or anything like that.

It's not that you see the glass as half-full. That's perfectly fine. The problem is that you don't see that the glass is half-full with ass water.

Sanchez had a raw deal, yes. But the turnovers and complete lack of pocket awareness as well as horrific accuracy? And in his 4th year? The guy sucks, raw deal or not.

As far as our coaches, Rex is clearly a derp who writes checks that his ass can't cash. BLARG GON WIN DA BOWL! BLARG FOR REAL DIS TIME! BLARGE GON FIND THE PULSE OF DA TEAM! BLARG BESS DEFENSIVE MIND IN DA LEEG! Not to mention the fact that he completely and utterly ignores the offensive side of the ball. And Tony? My niece could draw up better plays using her crayons (makes it easier for Mark to understand).

Acknowledging that our team is very bad isn't being an SOJF or anything like that.
    I sense that your not liking another year of the prevent offense. It should be clear to all Sanchize will never be a qb that will hoist the team on his shoulders and win games. The best we can hope for is that he limits his mistakes and does the Dilfer thing.

We can't blame it on Shotty anymore and i think Tony calls a better game but all the mistakes in the passing game by our qb makes everything look horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jetvol1 View Post
    I sense that your not liking another year of the prevent offense. It should be clear to all Sanchize will never be a qb that will hoist the team on his shoulders and win games. The best we can hope for is that he limits his mistakes and does the Dilfer thing.

We can't blame it on Shotty anymore and i think Tony calls a better game but all the mistakes in the passing game by our qb makes everything look horrible.
    That's where I lost my faith in him. The best way to limit his turnovers is to take the ball out of his hands. As long as we're putting the ball in his hands, we're opening ourselves up to a world of fail and lowlights.

Practice Squad
    I fault Tanny for not signing BE in the offseason. Have no problem with him taking a chance and bringing him in now. It's common knowledge that the jets are extremely weak at WR position. To not make an attempt to address an obvious problem would be negligent, especially considering the production of BE when he played with Mark previously.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL, you felt all good about yourself after that one.

The poster I responded to was also wrong, but you don't care about that, you get a hard-on only when I post.

The point is, Sparano didn't defer to Haley or Payton, he ran the offense, which was the point of my rebuttal.

It's just too funny how you get up on your pedestal up at anything I post and you have an opportunity to respond to.

Such a schmuck!
    Again you miss the point. What else is new?

Yeah you made a factual mistake. That's nothing new either. We're all used to that.

It was your admonition of another poster questioning HIS knowledge based on how long he's been on the board as if that's a sign as to someone's knowledge. Right after YOU misstated facts yourself. Maybe the guy just recently found the site. Or maybe he's not a message board poster with your vast message board experience. That doesn't mean he doesn't know more about football than you do. Maybe he's forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

The irony of all ironies. Wow. What a tool.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Tanny screwed up when he threw Mangini under the bus and got rid of the guy largely responsible building the strong roster we had.
    Let me get this straight:

Mangini was responsible for our strong roster of a few years ago. Now Tanny is responsible for our weak roster. Tell me, who is in charge of our roster? The coach or GM?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post

Mangini was responsible for our strong roster of a few years ago. Now Tanny is responsible for our weak roster. Tell me, who is in charge of our roster? The coach or GM?
    Well, if experienced football men turned HC (Mangini, Ryan) are working with their GM, who is arguably not a "football" guy," it's not hard to imagine that the HC may be behind a lot of the personnel choices.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post

It's been made known that Tannenbaum is more of a cap manager than a player-personnel guy and that he abdicates a larger amount of that to Terry Bradway and the head coach than other GM's do.

Mike stays.
    Rex goes.

SAR I

What team in the current NFL would look good at WR after losing their #1 right off the bat, and losing their top WR draft pick?

Very few.

Wargarbl all you like, it's not the WR's, it's the man who cannot utilize them. Sanchez has sucked regardless of who he's throwing to since he got here.

Pur Sanchez on the Patiots instead of Brady, and the Pats are a 4 win team this year, and not Welker nor Edelman nor even the mighty Woodhead would save his horrible can't throw ass.

Changing WR's is like moving deck chairs on the Titanic.....with Captain Sanchez at the helm, you're sinking one way or the other.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Well, if experienced football men turned HC (Mangini, Ryan) are working with their GM, who is arguably not a "football" guy," it's not hard to imagine that the HC may be behind a lot of the personnel choices.
    I know that. My point is that I see people using that fact as justification to make any of the following statements:

1) Mangini is responsible for the Jets' success.
    2) Mangini is responsible for the Jets' shortcomings.
    3) Tanny is responsible for the Jets' success.
    4) Tanny is responsible for the Jets' shortcomings.
    5) Ryan is responsible for the Jets' success.
    6) Ryan is responsible for the Jets' shortcomings.

They will blame or applaud whoever is convenient to their particular argument. It makes me laugh.

Yeah you made a factual mistake. That's nothing new either. We're all used to that.

It was your admonition of another poster questioning HIS knowledge based on how long he's been on the board as if that's a sign as to someone's knowledge. Right after YOU misstated facts yourself. Maybe the guy just recently found the site. Or maybe he's not a message board poster with your vast message board experience. That doesn't mean he doesn't know more about football than you do. Maybe he's forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

No, YOU missed the point.

Another platform for you to jump on your pedestal, all because I'm the one you get to talk down to.

You're a pathetic schmuck, take your pedestal and shove it up your ass.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What team in the current NFL would look good at WR after losing their #1 right off the bat, and losing their top WR draft pick?

Very few.

Wargarbl all you like, it's not the WR's, it's the man who cannot utilize them. Sanchez has sucked regardless of who he's throwing to since he got here.

Pur Sanchez on the Patiots instead of Brady, and the Pats are a 4 win team this year, and not Welker nor Edelman nor even the mighty Woodhead would save his horrible can't throw ass.

Changing WR's is like moving deck chairs on the Titanic.....with Captain Sanchez at the helm, you're sinking one way or the other.
    Mark Sanchez with a great head coach, a strong offensive coordinator, two big TE's, an emergency dump-off scat RB, and a possession receiver unafraid of the middle would have the Patriots at the same record they have today.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

It's pointless, Jordy. Talk to Rah Rah, you're talking to a wall.

When the sum-total of someone's posting contribution is "the head coach is God, you aren't a Jets fan" there's not much more you can do with him. Use the JI search engine, it stretches back to the Edwards days. He might as well be copy/pasting because he said the same Blind Homer crap about that regime too.

Just keep posting the number 12. He promised us 12 wins. He should spend time finding them rather than taunting real Jets fans.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez with a great head coach, a strong offensive coordinator, two big TE's, an emergency dump-off scat RB, and a possession receiver unafraid of the middle would have the Patriots at the same record they have today.

SAR I
    You're simply wrong SAR, and have been all along on Sanchez. He is inadequate. He is inaccurate. He is a literal turnover machine. He has no vision. He has no pocket presense. Four years in, and he's not any better at any of these things than he was the day he got here.

Time will prove out the argument on Sanchez. Unless he improves drasticly, he will never be a winner in the NFL without an overwhelming amount of talent around him, and even then, he'll never be a "good" QB himself.

He'll be adequate and third tier at best. He'll be Trent Dilfer on the Ravens.

He's a bust. His poor level of play proves him to be a bust. Denial won't change it, only Sanchez himself can...if he can. I don't think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's pointless, Jordy. Talk to Rah Rah, you're talking to a wall.

When the sum-total of someone's posting contribution is "the head coach is God, you aren't a Jets fan" there's not much more you can do with him. Use the JI search engine, it stretches back to the Edwards days. He might as well be copy/pasting because he said the same Blind Homer crap about that regime too.

Just keep posting the number 12. He promised us 12 wins. He should spend time finding them rather than taunting real Jets fans.

SAR I
    The irony is you and Jordy are a lot like

Full of yourself

Arrogant

Love to see yourself post

Insecure

And don't know **** about football, you're here to satisfy your own egos.

Good thing you have the internet to pretend to be somebody you're not