Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylonís Return Seals Mike Tís Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Pez View Post
    I agree with Edwards 100% Tannabaum is an Idiot so why punish a guy who speaks the truth. He has single handedly sunk this team. This is what you get when you make a BEAN COUNTER a football guy! If woody likes him so much then put him back were be belongs doing contracts he was pretty good at that. Then bring in a football guy who could work with Rex and get this team the talent it needs.
    They should of signed edwards in 2010. How do you let go of one of the best WR you have who works nicely with your team and got the same amount of money that Plaxico got. Getting rid of Jerico was another mistake. What about woodhead, remember him? They dumped him for clowny which I don't think is even playing ball anymore!
    This 100%.
    A good example that he is useless an a GM was when Mangold went down last year.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    GMs without a division title or super bowl do not get to hire a 3rd head coach.
    Mike stays because under two other head coaches he drafted very well. It's clear that Mike takes his cues from his head coaches and a group of scouts that act as a committee; Rex Ryan's stink is all over the "quality" of the post-Mangini players.

Rex goes because the Circus needs to leave town. What was once a breath of fresh air is now a tired act, working against Woody's desire to sell PSL's and Club seats, we all can't stand The Rex Ryan Show anymore. Lay atop that the boring '85 Bears strategy that produces zero offense and can't work in today's NFL and it's even worse. Lay atop that the fact that Ryan hasn't learned anything, hasn't changed his style or his strategy, it's over for him.

It's harder to find a Tannenbaum than it is a Ryan. Rookie head coaches are dime-a-dozen, talented bean counters who can partner with HC's of varying personalities are not. Mike is more important to Woody, simple as that.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Think Tanny gets demoted?
    In realty, perhaps. But in title, no.

I have a theory that Woody and Mike had a closed-door meeting in 2008 and discussed how they had to fill the team with entertaining personalities to make selling the stadium a bigger priority than fielding a champion.

Ironically, their concept of picking up every big-name free agent to buy the back pages and hire a bombastic lunatic HC worked, we almost made it to the Super Bowl.

But that wasn't the original intention, the team was never that good, Mike built a team that could get attention and sell PSL's and he did a VERY good job in that regard.

Woody keeps Mike, Mike cuts Ryan, we move on.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    always was a fan of tannys aggressive style...but its clear he does not have an eye for talent.....i hope he stays around in some capacity, he is a great cap guy..

No no no. That is how this team always operates. Jay Cross fails to get the stadium he was hired to get? Promote him to VP! Terry Bradway craps his pants as GM? Change his title but retain his responsibilities in personnel. And now you want to reward Tannenbaum by doing the same with him? It is no wonder this franchise has sunk to such depths with an owner who holds no one who reports to him accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    GMs without a division title or super bowl do not get to hire a 3rd head coach.

If they work for an organization that operates by reason and logic. But these are the Jets. I'm afraid SAR I is probably right.

This article is so ridiculously exaggerated. Definite sour grapes about anything Tannenbaum. Was Tanny f*cking the writer's mother? Honestly, how does someone go to such great lengths just to grasp at straws?

There's two ways to look at all the things the writer points out, and it's obvious the writer had no idea that could be the case.

The one thing that just continues to leave me scratching my head is the Sanchez extension. What Tanny could have possibly been thinking, I will never know.

But the writer makes it sound like he's nothing more thanm drooling incompetent retard.

Tanny was the reason we contended for a SB appearance two straight years. Lets not forget the good things he's done in the past.

This is why I support giving both Tanny and Rex one more season to try and turn things around. I think that is a much better plan than just ragging on the guy right to death about anything you could possibly blame on the guy, fair or unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mike stays because under two other head coaches he drafted very well.

Well, first of all he was only GM with two coaches: Mangini and Rex. And I don't see how anyone can defend his record. One of the biggest weaknesses on this team when he took over in '06 was pass rush. And it has remained that way for 7 straight offseasons. Inexcusable. Oh yeah, he also hasn't found a QB and, by your own arguments, hired two failed head coaches (I don't love Rex but I give him a lot more credit than you do).

Remember, any GM will hit on some. Even Rich Kotite drafted Hugh Douglas and found Wayne Chrebet. Overall Tanny has been an absolute disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Tanny was the reason we contended for a SB appearance two straight years. Lets not forget the good things he's done in the past.

That's your opinion. In those two years everything broke our way and we still didn't win a division or get to a SB. I look at 2009 and see an 8-8 team that misses the playoffs if Peyton Manning doesn't sit out the 2nd half in Indy. I give Rex Ryan most of the credit for squeezing everything out of that mediocre roster. And 2010 saw one flukey win after another. Remember, if not for Cromartie's kickoff return in Indy we lose that game and never go to NE in the 2nd round. My point again is that Rex got the most out of those rosters. The 2011 and 2012 Jets are the true reflection of the talent. If Peyton plays that full game in '09 we are looking at three 8-8 seasons out of the last 4 (assuming we win out to finish this year). Quite an endorsement of Mr. T.

This makes no sense. The fact that Tannenbaum was able to acquire Edwards on waivers two years later vindicates his decision not to give him a big contract. What the hell is this guy talking about?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Well, first of all he was only GM with two coaches: Mangini and Rex. And I don't see how anyone can defend his record. One of the biggest weaknesses on this team when he took over in '06 was pass rush. And it has remained that way for 7 straight offseasons. Inexcusable. Oh yeah, he also hasn't found a QB and, by your own arguments, hired two failed head coaches (I don't love Rex but I give him a lot more credit than you do).

Remember, any GM will hit on some. Even Rich Kotite drafted Hugh Douglas and found Wayne Chrebet. Overall Tanny has been an absolute disaster.
    Let me be clear: I want a complete housecleaning and an experienced head coach with GM powers in here to change the lazy culture, bring in some talent, and draft well.

I believe that Woody Johnson will keep Mike and dump Rex. Doesn't mean I agree with it.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I see what you're saying. It was Rex's first pick as coach and the Jets needed a QB and needed to make a splash. Rex and Woody are definitely on the hook for Sanchez as well. Draft picks tend to be group decisions, especially fifth overall picks (or trade ups to get to #5).

The defensive backs, defensive line, offensive line are parts of the team that have developed or seem to be developing. Sanchez hasn't and while Cavanaugh certainly gets some of that blame, good players begin to figure it out on their own eventually. Sanchez seems to be more lost than ever. Same mistakes over and over.
    If a QB is regressing in years 3 and 4 his coach should be fired. Someone please explain why Cavanaugh is still employed. If Sanchez was the same, Cavanaugh could make a case that he is uncoachable, but regressing? That's on Cavanaugh. It's shameful he's still here.

Let me be clear: I want a complete housecleaning and an experienced head coach with GM powers in here to change the lazy culture, bring in some talent, and draft well.

I believe that Woody Johnson will keep Mike and dump Rex. Doesn't mean I agree with it.

SAR I
    Wanna bet ONE beer...REX stays.

I'm not going to feel proud about rooting for this team until at least 2 of the following are gone: Tebow, Tannenbaum, Rex, Braylon. Why Braylon you ask- I'm a Michigan hater (just like I'm a Gator hater, Patriot hater, Giant hater, Yankee hater, etc.) and I'm sickened by his "feels so good to be home" statement. That and I lost nearly all confidence in Sanchez after Rex named him the starter and Teblow the #2 after McElroy led us to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    That's your opinion. In those two years everything broke our way and we still didn't win a division or get to a SB. I look at 2009 and see an 8-8 team that misses the playoffs if Peyton Manning doesn't sit out the 2nd half in Indy. I give Rex Ryan most of the credit for squeezing everything out of that mediocre roster. And 2010 saw one flukey win after another. Remember, if not for Cromartie's kickoff return in Indy we lose that game and never go to NE in the 2nd round. My point again is that Rex got the most out of those rosters. The 2011 and 2012 Jets are the true reflection of the talent. If Peyton plays that full game in '09 we are looking at three 8-8 seasons out of the last 4 (assuming we win out to finish this year). Quite an endorsement of Mr. T.
    No, that's not opinion, it is FACT

You can daydream or think that the 2009 Jets were an 8-8 team that missed the playoffs, but the FACT still remains they went 9-7, secured a playoff spot, then upset two playoff teams with much better records to make it to the AFC Championship.

If Tanny doesn't build the roster we had, we never get to those lofty heights we did.

BTW, I'm not necessarily supporting Tanny here. I know there are some very dumb things he's done with the team. The Sanchez extention is number one on my list.

However, I felt the need to respond to your post. You act as though they never happened. That's not being objective, that passing unfair judgment.

I want Rex Ryan as my HC and if you happen to like Rex Ryan, you can thank Tanny for that also. Tanny hired him.

All League
    Haven't read the entire thread, but Joey Clinkscales would be an excellent hire. Just saying...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    No, that's not opinion, it is FACT

You can daydream or think that the 2009 Jets were an 8-8 team that missed the playoffs, but the FACT still remains they went 9-7, secured a playoff spot, then upset two playoff teams with much better records to make it to the AFC Championship.

If Tanny doesn't build the roster we had, we never get to those lofty heights we did.

BTW, I'm not necessarily supporting Tanny here. I know there are some very dumb things he's done with the team. The Sanchez extention is number one on my list.

However, I felt the need to respond to your post. You act as though they never happened. That's not being objective, that passing unfair judgment.

I want Rex Ryan as my HC and if you happen to like Rex Ryan, you can thank Tanny for that also. Tanny hired him.

If you look at the big-picture, since 1997 we've been averaging 9.5 wins a season with a completely healthy quarterback. Mike Tannenbaum has done a good job in taking the Parcells core and drafting and using free agency to keep us remarkably competitive, it's been the 'golden age' of Jets football.

Without Pennington ruining 3 of his 13 seasons, Mike Tannenbaum (and Terry Bradway who is still very much involved) hasn't had a losing season since joining the Jets either as capologist or GM proper. He's had a bad 2-3 years lately, but in the grand scheme he's done a great job and I truly believe that Woody had him burn the last 3 seasons to sell PSL's and they have an agreement that Mike's got a 'get out of jail free' card as a result.

SAR I

All League

SAR I
    I think Rex has gotten himself one more year. The side show that he has become is pretty tired. That being said, if they do go in a separate direction, do they go defensive or offensive sided coach? Is it foolish to go defensive with the ineptness of the offense?

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    always was a fan of tannys aggressive style...but its clear he does not have an eye for talent.....i hope he stays around in some capacity, he is a great cap guy......but gm....not so much. bye bye tanny.
    Wrong, completely wrong!!! This guy is a cancer. He's a guy that can't be trusted and is in now way a cap genius, more like a freakin cap genie. His f()cked uped and terrible negotiations have this team screwed for two more seasons. He has made the cap vanish. Over paying of older, no talent, slower, selfish players that tear teams appart is his expertise . He needs to vanish into a block hole and go away.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I think Rex has gotten himself one more year. The side show that he has become is pretty tired. That being said, if they do go in a separate direction, do they go defensive or offensive sided coach? Is it foolish to go defensive with the ineptness of the offense?
    They need a balanced head coach who is a tyrant. Right now we've got a one-dimensional head coach who is a clown. Need the exact opposite. It's the formula Woody Johnson knows, and it's worked well to date:

Parcells/Groh: Hard ass.
    Edwards: Players coach.
    Mangini: Hard ass.
    Ryan: Players coach.

Forget Rex Ryan's personality for a moment, forget him losing the locker room or not. Instead, focus on Rex Ryan's strategy and Rex Ryan's young talent and Rex Ryan's growth as a head coach.

Strategy: Winning like the '85 Bears with the '59 Packers offense can't succeed in the NFL, was always a low-percentage play anyway. Produces football so boring that the home fans don't want to go, can't stand cheering the defense every 3rd down and booing the offense every 4th down. Sorry, style points count when it comes to filling an 82,500 seat bowl.

Young Talent: I can think of 1 player who is emerging as a force and it's his second year. The rest are assorted busts and inconsistent average nothings. And Rex drafts 'projects' that his ego tells him he can mold properly; he's 0-for-5 in that department.

Growth: Still one-dimensional, still a glorified defensive coordinator, no NFL offense has been as neglected as the Jets and it was done deliberately by a defensive coordinator run amok who has no clue about offense and special teams.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Best thing Braylon did for our offense was jump up and snag balls that Sanchez threw 4 feet over his head. Those passes have been INTs these past 2 years.

On the list of why Tanny should be fired Braylon is near the bottom.
    That's the main point.

Braylon made Mark Sanchez look like a Competent QB.

That's the equivalent of Moses Parting the Red Sea AKA a Miracle.