Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 McShay Mock #1

2013 McShay Mock #1

Can somebody please post. I haven't seen it anywhere else on this site.

Dude I am a draft fanatic but this is still way too early for a mock.

it's out there...what's wrong with somebody posting. while it may be super early some find it fun to look into - especially considering our playoff shots are long.

Bjorn Werner is going to be the next JJ Watt.

If you are looking for "draft needs", you can just look into last years draft threads since none were addressed.

why don't you pay for it you dishonest creep

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Bjorn Werner is going to be the next JJ Watt.
    No he's not..

First of all, guys like Watt come around once in a lifetime.

Secondly, he's very much a different position.

And this draft sucks at the QB position. I hate Sanchez as much as anyone, but there is pretty much nothing at that spot. Glennon is the only guy I look at and think if a few things go right in his development, he could be very good. No chance at great however. The rest of them have big problems. Maybe EJ Manuel could turn into something as well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ombudsmn View Post
    why don't you pay for it you dishonest creep
    I guess that's a no, huh?

All League
    He has Jets picking 15

Jake Matthews*, OT, Texas A&M
    Yes, the Jets have a quarterback need, but replacing Mark Sanchez with Barkley would be like trying to kick a Diet Coke habit by substituting Diet Pepsi. New York will almost certainly look to bring in a veteran if it chooses to upgrade at quarterback. The Jets' pass defense is surprisingly good despite the team having only 22 total sacks, but they still need a legitimate edge rusher. However, they're on the wrong end of a run on ends in this scenario. They could reach for a player such as Auburn's Corey Lemonier, but they also need a right tackle and Matthews is on the rise with his toughness in the run game and good hands in pass protection.

Top 5

1.) Chiefs - Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
    2.) Jaguars - Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
    3.) Raiders - Bjoern Werner, DE Florida State
    4.) Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
    5.) Panthers - Johanathan Hawkins, DT Ohio State

Notables;
    8.) Cardinals - Geno Smith, QB WVU
    11.) Bills - Manti Te'o, ILB ND
    12.) Dolphins - Dion Jordan, DE Oregon
    30.) Patriots - Tavon Austin, WR WVU

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    He has Jets picking 15

Jake Matthews*, OT, Texas A&M
    Yes, the Jets have a quarterback need, but replacing Mark Sanchez with Barkley would be like trying to kick a Diet Coke habit by substituting Diet Pepsi. New York will almost certainly look to bring in a veteran if it chooses to upgrade at quarterback. The Jets' pass defense is surprisingly good despite the team having only 22 total sacks, but they still need a legitimate edge rusher. However, they're on the wrong end of a run on ends in this scenario. They could reach for a player such as Auburn's Corey Lemonier, but they also need a right tackle and Matthews is on the rise with his toughness in the run game and good hands in pass protection.
    If the pass rusher wasn't there, I would have absolutely no problem with a RT. I don't know the potential 1st rounders at play in positions 12-25 at this point, but if we are picking in the low teens, I would love to trade down and pick up a RT. Our line would be SO much better if we had a true, competent road grader at RT that would enable us to pound the ball to the right. Howard could move pack to swing Tackle, where he probably belongs.

I'm not sure if we, as fans, had a proper appreciation of how good Damien Woody was in both aspects of the game - at least when he was healthy. Austin Howard is a modest improvement from Wayne Hunter, but that's about it.

I wouldn't mind seeing the draft play out, roughly as follows:

1: RT
    2: QB
    3: OLB
    4: RB

If we could pick up an additional top 100 pick in a trade down in the first, even better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets N Mets View Post
    30.) Patriots - Tavon Austin, WR WVU
    Welker's replacement.

McShay has the Jets picking an OT at 15, and Jarvis Jones going at #13 to New Orleans.

Jarvis Jones will not be there at 13, but if he is and we don't trade up to get him I'd be amazed.

We are absolutely not getting a RT in the first...

Austin Howard has been fine and you have to be able to cheap out at some positions. PFF has us as a top 5 OL. They could care less about our team versus others so there's definitely no bias. It's pretty clear that the offensive line has been fairly solid.

Needs are:

1. QB
    2. Pass Rusher
    3. Skill positions including TE

The rest aren't really needs. We can live with what we have at every other position. ILB is OK, DL is fine, CB is fine, OL is fine. The only thing that sucks is that we need a QB and the QB's suck in this draft.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    We are absolutely not getting a RT in the first...

Austin Howard has been fine and you have to be able to cheap out at some positions. PFF has us as a top 5 OL. They could care less about our team versus others so there's definitely no bias. It's pretty clear that the offensive line has been fairly solid.

Needs are:

1. QB
    2. Pass Rusher
    3. Skill positions including TE

The rest aren't really needs. We can live with what we have at every other position. ILB is OK, DL is fine, CB is fine, OL is fine. The only thing that sucks is that we need a QB and the QB's suck in this draft.

+1

Seeing as how there aren't any worthwhile QBs, I'd focus on Pass Rusher in round 1, and WR/TE/RB in the mid rounds.

I'd also list safety as a need IF we do not retain Laron Landry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where does he have barkley going?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Where does he have barkley going?
    Geno Smith is the only QB he has going in the first round.

Hall Of Fame
    Is the consensus then that Coples will not turn into a top or even an adequate pass rusher?

How we go through another draft and not address our LB needs is beyond me. I am almost at the point of saying best available Linebacker and be damned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Then we trade back and draft him in the late 1st. We need to take a qb and continue to take qbs until we find one that can play.

A RT?

Well, at least it's offense. I'd rather draft Warmack, LG, from Alabama.

Just no defense, please. There is not an elite pass rusher in this class. Jarvis Jones is the closest thing and he'll be long gone by the 16-18 area we'll likely be picking in.