Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breer: League looking into expanding to a 14/16 team playoff

Breer: League looking into expanding to a 14/16 team playoff

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
    Goodell just said at his presser that the league will look at expanding the playoffs to 14 or 16 teams.

There's hope for us yet, fellas!

Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden
    Roger Goodell says league will consider playoff expansion. In related news, the Raiders will fail to qualify for those playoffs too.

All League
    why fix what isn't broke?

That would be HORRIBLE

Goodell is a doofus. He's trying to turn the NFL into the NBA piece by piece.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    why fix what isn't broke?
    Money.......

Up yours, Goodell.

No thanks. Can somebody just off Goodell already? Eliminating kickoffs? Expanding playoffs? The wasted resources and nonsense involved with BountyGate. He's making a big case for worst commish in the history of pro sports

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    No thanks. Can somebody just off Goodell already? Eliminating kickoffs? Expanding playoffs? The wasted resources and nonsense involved with BountyGate. He's making a big case for worst commish in the history of pro sports
    +1

He sucks.

Sucks Donkey Balls.

The best thing about the NFL is it isn't easy to make the playoffs. What we don't need is 8-8 teams making the playoffs every year.

That would be Bettman.

So let Goodell hear about it. Be respectful - he'll ignore *******s and name callers - but let him know your opinion:

https://twitter.com/nflcommish

I did.

I wish we would have less teams in the playoffs. IMO, you get in when you win your division. Period.

Hall Of Fame
    Horrible idea.

They want more games but the NFLPA did not want the 18 game schedule. I think this might be his idea of a workaround, trying to get more games. Either way it is an EPIC FAIL.

The regular season in the NFL means something. Each week is precious. All that would be lost.

I think he is trying way too hard to leave his mark on the league. LEAVE THE NFL ALONE. STOP CHANGING THE RULES. YOU ARE RUINING THE LEAGUE.

Once again Roger Goodell is trying to fix what isn't broken, further ruining the game.

I would have to say Bettman is the absolute worst commissioner in the history of pro sports but, yes, Goodell is definitely up there.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Horrible idea.

They want more games but the NFLPA did not want the 18 game schedule. I think this might be his idea of a workaround, trying to get more games. Either way it is an EPIC FAIL.

The regular season in the NFL means something. Each week is precious. All that would be lost.

I think he is trying way too hard to leave his mark on the league. LEAVE THE NFL ALONE. STOP CHANGING THE RULES. YOU ARE RUINING THE LEAGUE.
    I thought this as well but you know there will be a nice chunk of change for these additional playoff games that might sway the players decisions

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All League
    You will see a 6-10 team make the playoffs.

Just getting my head around the math of it is difficult. It would be 4 division winners and 3 WC's. The logistics of it boggle the mind

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You will see a 6-10 team make the playoffs.
    Hopefully 7-11 teams after 2 games are removed from preseason and added to the regular.

Or keep the regular season at 16 games and let the extra playoff round fill in the space currently filled by crap preseason games.

I like 14. The best record in each conference gets the bye, everyone else has to play. Then you're just adding one more team in each conference. Lets the league go 1:00/4:30/8:00 on the first weekend.

I don't like 16 teams because then the top seeds have to play in the 1st round, and they would be upset too often for my liking, just due to the nature of football.

I like 14 because it adds meaning to having the best regular season record. The only change from 12 to 14 is that the 2nd best team in each conference no longer gets a bye. Let's not act like it would be a huge change.

16 would be a huge change, because it would eliminate 1st round byes and necessitate either playing 1st round games on Friday or Monday, or starting the early games at 10 or 11AM on Saturday and Sunday. Playing on Friday or Monday creates advantages and disadvantages for round 2. Starting games in the morning would screw with gameday routines, and you don't want to be messing around with that stuff during the playoffs.