Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 12.12.12 Sandy Relief Concert

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    All due respect...pretty basic stuff. Ill watch a few more but what is it he's teaching you find so relevant?

I have always believed music theory is key. i.e...WHAT make a minor 7th different from a dom 7th and their relartion to the root.

For example G Am7 D7 or why is a D major related to a B minor etc...

Oooooh, Mr. music snob doosh-ay! G Am7 D7 and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I think you missed my discussion with Paulie. I was giving him examples of beginner lessons one could find on YouTube.

Precisely.

Btw, how do you find YouTube.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Oooooh, Mr. music snob doosh-ay! G Am7 D7 and what not.

Precisely.

Btw, how do you find YouTube.

-
    How much anthracite coal you got? Not bauxite; anthracite.

Part 1 of the show (Bruce through Alicia Keys) is available at Hunger City for download. Part 2 up shortly.

http://www.hungercity.org/details.php?id=21653

As always, the master played beautifully. I just wish he had done a Cream or D&TD tune.

His three piece band cooked. Bass player was great.
    Uh he did. Got to get better in a little while

Quote Originally Posted by Jman21 View Post
    Uh he did. Got to get better in a little while
    Good catch. My mind went to Clapton's first solo record.

Thanks for the correction. Although it's showing that I really am starting to lose it. Don't get old.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

With all due respect to some of my favorite posters, I do not understand the rave reviews. The show was fine. But watching it reminded me of a Yankee Stadium Old Timer Game. It's a lot of fun to see your old favorites, but when they actually start playing, you're just reminded of how great they once were. I remember getting a thrill seeing Willie Mays make a shoe string catch circa 1984, but he was obviously just a shell of his former self. The acts the other night, by-and-large fall in to this category.

This was a show made by baby boomers for baby boomers. Even the younger acts, with the possible exception of Kanye, were Boomer friendly. None of the performances were extraordinary, unless you re grading on a curve to factor their advanced age.

I think you missed my discussion with Paulie. I was giving him examples of beginner lessons one could find on YouTube.
    Yeah....must have.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yeah....must have.

Thanks!
    No worries.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    With all due respect to some of my favorite posters, I do not understand the rave reviews. The show was fine. But watching it reminded me of a Yankee Stadium Old Timer Game. It's a lot of fun to see your old favorites, but when they actually start playing, you're just reminded of how great they once were. I remember getting a thrill seeing Willie Mays make a shoe string catch circa 1984, but he was obviously just a shell of his former self. The acts the other night, by-and-large fall in to this category.

This was a show made by baby boomers for baby boomers. Even the younger acts, with the possible exception of Kanye, were Boomer friendly. None of the performances were extraordinary, unless you re grading on a curve to factor their advanced age.
    Thats a fair take on it, actually. (and I am one of the fogies that enjoyed it) Me and my 15 year old were talking about it and he basically said there was very little appeal for him, and that he thought Kanye was a poor choice if they were trying to appease the RAP audience.

I thought the performances were great overall and as a guitarist I am pretty picky, but its entirely possible my bias played a large role in my perception.

Fair enough.

-

Thats a fair take on it, actually. (and I am one of the fogies that enjoyed it) Me and my 15 year old were talking about it and he basically said there was very little appeal for him, and that he thought Kanye was a poor choice if they were trying to appease the RAP audience.

I thought the performances were great overall and as a guitarist I am pretty picky, but its entirely possible my bias played a large role in my perception.

Fair enough.

-
    I'm really critical of such events, but totally enjoyed most of the performances.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I'm really critical of such events, but totally enjoyed most of the performances.
    The production/mixes and musicianship were all top notch, but to a teen or twenty/thirty something I can see these chooches all looking 100 years old...thereby taking the "edge" off the appeal.

Didnt help that the front rows were filled with white nerds either.

The production/mixes and musicianship were all top notch, but to a teen or twenty/thirty something I can see these chooches all looking 100 years old...thereby taking the "edge" off the appeal.

Didnt help that the front rows were filled with white nerds either.

The Stones are, literally, frightening to small children and anyone who does not live in Middle Earth. Their faces look like dried river beds after a prolonged drought lasting years, not months.

Townshend now looks like a relative sent to live out his life in an assisted living facility. With his wig-like mound of oddly-coiffed gray hair,
    Daltry could pass for an elderly woman in the same facility.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

The Stones are, literally, frightening to small children and anyone who does not live in Middle Earth. Their faces look like dried river beds after a prolonged drought lasting years, not months.

Townshend now looks like a relative sent to live out his life in an assisted living facility. With his wig-like mound of oddly-coiffed gray hair,
    Daltry could pass for an elderly woman in the same facility.
    Lmao!

I thought Daltry's scar was his arse crack pulled up to the front by plastic surgery.

Lmao!

I thought Daltry's scar was his arse crack pulled up to the front by plastic surgery.

LOL. Yeah, the image of that scar still haunts me. Looked pretty fresh, too.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

+1

And when you think, say, 10 years from now when another one of these benefits takes place, who makes an appearance then? Who from the 80's or 90's or 00's is a must-see like these current dinosaurs?

Def Leppard? Van Halen? Prince? Metallica? Lionel Ritchie? Huey Lewis?

I'm thinking Pearl Jam and U2 and that's it. We're not doing anything to groom the next series of geezers to pimp out for cash.

SAR I