Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: At 9:06 pm tonight-Revis tweet

Undrafted Free Agent
    Only Jets fan can defend their player for wearing another NFL team hat. He called Tom Brady a sellout for wearing a NY Yankees hat. Gotta love Jets fans.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNYJETS View Post
    The Falcons are playing the Giants this week. Maybe he is making a statement.
    Might be correct. But even in this case, I think it's just losing his loyalty.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I'd imagine because it goes with the ****ing outfit. Hundreds of players wear hats of different teams.

Holy ****, JI really does suck now.
    Remember the uproar b/c Favre wore his GB shoulder pads under his Jets jersey?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Might be correct. But even in this case, I think it's just losing his loyalty.
    Loyalty is to family and money. Not necessarily in that order. The OLD days of team loyalty disappeared in the 80's. Geez...

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I'd imagine because it goes with the ****ing outfit. Hundreds of players wear hats of different teams.

Holy ****, JI really does suck now.
    Yeah but its really dumb to advertise it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Loyalty is to family and money. Not necessarily in that order. The OLD days of team loyalty disappeared in the 80's. Geez...
    I consider this a sad fact.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Huh? teams in other sports yes, their alma mater yes and when they make a bet with each other I can see it happening, but not for a photo shoot. Bad Taste
    In college sports, the players are not getting paid ... at least officially. Professional teams pay for players with television rights, ticket sales and team merchandising. Given the incredible money Revis is paid to play ... I agree, it is in poor taste.

On the field, Revis is the ultimate team player, off the field ... not so much.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Without Revis we're the 3rd ranked pass D. Revis isn't important to us, lol. A quality receiver like Marshall would do wonders for us (iffin' Sanchez doesn't go complete lol) and would help us way more than Revis.

What would be great is if we could get a damn pass rush going. As we all know, your secondary can be pretty meh and you'll still be ok as long as you can rush the passer. If you can rush the passer, you create mistakes that even a meh secondary can thrive off of. You're gonna win and lose games in the trenches.
    Valid point on a quality receiver but even if Megatron is catching balls for the Jets do you trust Sanchez to get them to him ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    In (D1) college, this happens all of the time. You exchange gear with other teams the week you play them. I'm sure some of this goes on for the pros too. A lot of players don't feel comfortable wearing their own gear and "advertising" the obvious. A lot of them like to wear gear from other people. I wouldn't be too upset over this. It happens.
    Got any pic's of Brady wearing a Jet cap or a Ohio state player wearing a Michigan cap?? I don't think so..

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    lol you seriously care enough about Revis wearing a Falcons hat to match his clothing enough to come post about it on a Jets site? Jesus. He wears Jets stuff all the time. Who gives us a ****?! Am I in the twilight zone!?
    yes I do and apparently the OP did also. Why the hell do you care to respond to what I said? And how could you construe a injured teammate wearing another rival teams garb for a photo shoot in anything but bad taste. **** I don't even like Brady wearing the Yankees cap and that is a different sport.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    In (D1) college, this happens all of the time. You exchange gear with other teams the week you play them. I'm sure some of this goes on for the pros too. A lot of players don't feel comfortable wearing their own gear and "advertising" the obvious. A lot of them like to wear gear from other people. I wouldn't be too upset over this. It happens.
    Revis was not wearing the other team's game day gear. It was your basic ATLANTA FALCON hat that any fan could purchase. Doubt that he "exchanged it' with a falcon player.

Played D1 myself and never exchanged the other teams gear before a game. If it were a tournament, far away from campus, then possibly but would NEVER even consider wearing the other team's logo while my team was still playing.

Not too upset over it? If a teammate of mine was wearing the logo of an opponent in season, or out, my teammates and I would have a HUGE issue with this.

The only place in the sports world where this is accepted is the NY JETS and some of their fans.

The JETS: Where we sign opposing players who call us idiots and our own players who sport the gear of the opponent.

You cant make this stuff up
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-13-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Got any pic's of Brady wearing a Jet cap or a Ohio state player wearing a Michigan cap?? I don't think so..
    There is a Photo of Brady wearing a Ohio state Jersey this year when he lost a bet To Vrabel.

And it is less about him wearing another teams hat, than wearing one on a photo shoot for publicity. After getting paid 40mill by the jets, he could at least give Woody the free pub.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

There is a Photo of Brady wearing a Ohio state Jersey this year when he lost a bet To Vrabel.

And it is less about him wearing another teams hat, than wearing one on a photo shoot for publicity. After getting paid 40mill by the jets, he could at least give Woody the free pub.
    That was a bet and neither one of them are active college players.. I don't think Revis lost a bet do you?? Why not post that picture??

Last time I looked the Pats can never play Ohio State

The JETS can possibly play the Falcons

No dignity or pride

Schluberator & Gadfly
    No, but I've seen pics of opposing fans lighting their own teams jersey on fire at 16H!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Last time I looked the Pats can never play Ohio State

The JETS can possibly play the Falcons

No TEAM dignity or TEAM pride
    fixed.

In today's materialistic world, are you surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Revis was not wearing the other team's game day gear. It was your basic ATLANTA FALCON hat that any fan could purchase. Doubt that he "exchanged it' with a falcon player.

Played D1 myself and never exchanged the other teams gear before a game. If it were a tournament, far away from campus, then possibly but would NEVER even consider wearing the other team's logo while my team was still playing.

Not too upset over it? If a teammate of mine was wearing the logo of an opponent in season, or out, my teammates and I would have a HUGE issue with this.

The only place in the sports world where this is accepted is the NY JETS and some of their fans.

The JETS: Where we sign opposing players who call us idiots and our own players who sport the gear of the opponent.

You cant make this stuff up
    What you can't make up is jet fans defending him. To a lot of these pros, they are just that pros, they do it for a living and they move on to a new team without batting an eyelash. It is to the fans that the laundry is special.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    No, but I've seen pics of opposing fans lighting their own teams jersey on fire at 16H!
    Their own teams Jersey?? I'm aware of the 16H jersey burnings but never heard of a opposing team burning their jersey there?? Unless it was Jet fans burning a certain Jet players jersey that I could believe..

That was a bet and neither one of them are active college players.. I don't think Revis lost a bet do you?? Why not post that picture??
    cut and paste ok?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...13--ncaaf.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Even in the article it said..

While the joke is pretty funny on Brady, we wonder how Ohio State fans feel about seeing Michigan's greatest NFL player wearing the scarlet and gray? Might be considered sacrilegious in Ohio.