Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: At 9:06 pm tonight-Revis tweet

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    In (D1) college, this happens all of the time. You exchange gear with other teams the week you play them. I'm sure some of this goes on for the pros too. A lot of players don't feel comfortable wearing their own gear and "advertising" the obvious. A lot of them like to wear gear from other people. I wouldn't be too upset over this. It happens.
    You put way too much thought into this.

Revis went into his closet filled with hundreds of hats and decided a falcons one matched the rest of his outfit. Done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post

Revis went into his closet filled with hundreds of hats and decided a falcons one matched the rest of his outfit. Done.
    Exactly.. he was launching the black version of his shoe. This place is amazing sometimes. I have seen plenty of athletes do the same thing. He only wears Jets stuff 95% of the time. CUT HIM!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Exactly.. he was launching the black version of his shoe. This place is amazing sometimes. I have seen plenty of athletes do the same thing. He only wears Jets stuff 95% of the time. CUT HIM!!!
    To be fair, I said we should trade him before this picture came out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you guys really need to get a life.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    To be fair, I said we should trade him before this picture came out.
    Haha that's a whole other discussion, but consider it noted.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Haha that's a whole other discussion, but consider it noted.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lol @ the biggest kool-aid drinker saying anyone else has their head in the sand. Oh, Rah Rah...

The point is that a great WR is more important than a great CB.
    Oohh, the kool-aid card, but that still wasn't the point Ace

The point was if you're going to offer a trade for a Falcon WR, you do it for Jones before you would White

As for whether a great WR is more important than a great CB, that's debatable.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, this would have been a nice hat for him to wear...quite stylish

or even this hat, perhaps

It's the little things that endear a player to its fan base....unfortunately, MEvis just doesn't get it

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He can go **** himself for all I care. We've got Cro Show, so we don't need Revis.
    I see players all the time wearing other teams stuff. Revis works for the Jets, but like every other player rooted for a different team growing up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Oohh, the kool-aid card, but that still wasn't the point Ace

The point was if you're going to offer a trade for a Falcon WR, you do it for Jones before you would White

As for whether a great WR is more important than a great CB, that's debatable.
    They wouldn't give up Jones, lol. Not when they already have a good CB in Samuel there. White would be more probable because they'd be willing to part with him for Revis.

And lol, a great WR > a great CB. That isn't debatable, mate. In today's NFL, offense is supreme and thus more important. Not to mention, CB isn't even the most important position on defense, lol. If any defensive position would be more important than a great WR, it'd be a great pass-rushing DE.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black version of the shoe....tribute to Deion....that's the only connection to Atlanta.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They wouldn't give up Jones, lol. Not when they already have a good CB in Samuel there. White would be more probable because they'd be willing to part with him for Revis.

And lol, a great WR > a great CB. That isn't debatable, mate. In today's NFL, offense is supreme and thus more important. Not to mention, CB isn't even the most important position on defense, lol. If any defensive position would be more important than a great WR, it'd be a great pass-rushing DE.
    How can you say it is not debatable? Revis has shut down every GREAT receiver he has gone against. There is no question that a healthy Revis is way more important on this team then a Brandon Marshall. (Likely because Sanchez sucks, but that is a different topic). Either way there is probably only 2 or 3 receivers in the game right now that I would take over Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Don't know why this is so ****ing hard to comprehend.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    How can you say it is not debatable? Revis has shut down every GREAT receiver he has gone against. There is no question that a healthy Revis is way more important on this team then a Brandon Marshall. (Likely because Sanchez sucks, but that is a different topic). Either way there is probably only 2 or 3 receivers in the game right now that I would take over Revis.
    Without Revis we're the 3rd ranked pass D. Revis isn't important to us, lol. A quality receiver like Marshall would do wonders for us (iffin' Sanchez doesn't go complete lol) and would help us way more than Revis.

What would be great is if we could get a damn pass rush going. As we all know, your secondary can be pretty meh and you'll still be ok as long as you can rush the passer. If you can rush the passer, you create mistakes that even a meh secondary can thrive off of. You're gonna win and lose games in the trenches.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-13-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    .... It's a f***in hat ....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Exactly

A great CB vs a great WR is certainly debatable.

The reason why the Jets have been able to play well in the secondary without Revis is because they DID have talent behind him, but the board is too busy ripping the GM lately because of the offensive devoid of talent. Well guess what, injuries will do that.

Truth is, the Jets had 3 starting CB's, Cro has stepped up bigtime, and so has Wilson.

To be fair, credit is also due to the coaching staff for the adjustments they made. Also, don't discount the value of having too good safeties playing in the secondary, espeically Landry. If this happened last year, with Leonard and Smith, our secondary would have been in big trouble.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-13-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    ROFLMAO

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

/thread

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Good point!
    Thanks for clearing that up guy

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he hates he giants like I do