Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 129

Thread: At 9:06 pm tonight-Revis tweet

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,127
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I'm not arguing the point either. I get what you are saying too. However, revis is a rare breed and I have seen JJ watt become nothing against the pats. When have you seen revis ever become nothing in a game?
    Depends on your definition of "become nothing". Do you mean having no impact or playing poorly? I have seen games where Revis had no impact, games where we got shredded by TEs or RBs or by guys like Garcon. However, I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly.

    And you are right about Watt against the Pats. I wouldn't say nothing, but he did have little impact on the game. But I have never seen a player dominate every single game. There is no such thing.

    I have this discussion many times and I know my view is relatively unpopular with Jets fans b.c we have Revis. But I value pass rush over coverage. And when a player is an elite pass rusher as well as being a great run defender, that is what puts them over the top in my book. But I completely understand the argument that can be made for Revis. He is a special talent and IMO the greatest player in the history of our franchise not named Namath. Some people might put him over Namath.

  2. #102
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Depends on your definition of "become nothing". Do you mean having no impact or playing poorly? I have seen games where Revis had no impact, games where we got shredded by TEs or RBs or by guys like Garcon. However, I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly.

    And you are right about Watt against the Pats. I wouldn't say nothing, but he did have little impact on the game. But I have never seen a player dominate every single game. There is no such thing.

    I have this discussion many times and I know my view is relatively unpopular with Jets fans b.c we have Revis. But I value pass rush over coverage. And when a player is an elite pass rusher as well as being a great run defender, that is what puts them over the top in my book. But I completely understand the argument that can be made for Revis. He is a special talent and IMO the greatest player in the history of our franchise not named Namath. Some people might put him over Namath.
    I actually agree with u that a pass rush is very important. Living in pittsburgh all my life, I have seen some great pass rushers in my time. It might be that I watched revis play in high school..... I don't know. But what I do know is that kid can shut anyone down. You put the best lineman against the best pass rusher and I'd call it a draw. You put revis against the best WR and I'm taking revis every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

    There is not clear cut answer. I guess that why there is discussion every week about everything. It's not a science. Probably why I love it.

  3. #103
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    So you're ok with it if Revis put on a Patriots or Dolphins hat?
    Who f****ng cares what these guys do. Too many of you get too wrapped up in the players with what they say or wear or do. As long as they perform on the field and do their JOB, I could care less what hat or shirt Revis wears. These players could care less about you and what you wear or do on a daily basis, so why worry about what hat some player wears??

  4. #104
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Depends on your definition of "become nothing". Do you mean having no impact or playing poorly? I have seen games where Revis had no impact, games where we got shredded by TEs or RBs or by guys like Garcon. However, I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly.

    And you are right about Watt against the Pats. I wouldn't say nothing, but he did have little impact on the game. But I have never seen a player dominate every single game. There is no such thing.

    I have this discussion many times and I know my view is relatively unpopular with Jets fans b.c we have Revis. But I value pass rush over coverage. And when a player is an elite pass rusher as well as being a great run defender, that is what puts them over the top in my book. But I completely understand the argument that can be made for Revis. He is a special talent and IMO the greatest player in the history of our franchise not named Namath. Some people might put him over Namath.
    Btw..... I'm a huge Namath fan. Both him and revis grew up 15 miles apart..... However, I'd have to side with revis as the greatest ever . It's my generation.. My aunt would kill me if she read this. Lol

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I'm not arguing the point either. I get what you are saying too. However, revis is a rare breed and I have seen JJ watt become nothing against the pats. When have you seen revis ever become nothing in a game?
    +1

    I think we all agree that because the NFL is a pass oriented league the most important positions on defense are a pass rusher and a shut-down CB.
    Having said that, Revis is one of the best, if not the best CB to play the game. We always see guys like Watt and JPP shut down during stretches of the season (look at all the flac the Giants d-line was getting for underperforming for a couple games this season). But when you have a guy like Revis, he pretty much takes away your best offensive weapon, and makes you game plan differently.

    I would gladly take any of those guys on my team.

  6. #106
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    +1

    I think we all agree that because the NFL is a pass oriented league the most important positions on defense are a pass rusher and a shut-down CB.
    Having said that, Revis is one of the best, if not the best CB to play the game. We always see guys like Watt and JPP shut down during stretches of the season (look at all the flac the Giants d-line was getting for underperforming for a couple games this season). But when you have a guy like Revis, he pretty much takes away your best offensive weapon, and makes you game plan differently.

    I would gladly take any of those guys on my team.
    Agreed.

  7. #107
    Point is that a pass-rush will take you farther than a CB will.

    The Giants have some randy nubs at CB and have won 2 Superbowls in recent years. Why? Because if you have a pass-rush, you can force the QB to make mistakes and thus disguise a bad secondary. On the flip side, we've had a great secondary for a few years now and have won **** all with it.

    I'll put it like this: If I'm trying to kill you and I have numerous weapons at my disposal, would you rather take one weapon away from me or separate me from my weapons?
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-13-2012 at 12:15 PM.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    It's such a minor "who gives a ****" point the only thing that remotely affected me was the idea of a Patriots fan caring. I swear if I ever see an injured Wilfork wearing a Browns hat and create an account on a Patriots fan to talk about it you have permission to kill me.

    Only on JI could Revis wearing a hat become a 1000 post thread.
    Well if you create an account with that in mind, yeah that is pretty lame. What is it about my posts that seems to have your panties in a bunch? most of the jet fans on this topic have the same take as me.

    You don't think it is a big deal, and you stated your point, other posters are stating theirs. Everybody wants to be a censure and be an arbiter of what people should be
    posting about. Post on the topics of your choice and if you find other threads irrelevant- don;t post multiple times and run up the post count.

    I don't care if Revis wears a hat from another team. I pointed out it was in bad taste to do so and is upsetting to some fans of the team.
    Last edited by patman; 12-13-2012 at 12:39 PM.

  9. #109
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,546
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Point is that a pass-rush will take you farther than a CB will.

    The Giants have some randy nubs at CB and have won 2 Superbowls in recent years. Why? Because if you have a pass-rush, you can force the QB to make mistakes and thus disguise a bad secondary. On the flip side, we've had a great secondary for a few years now and have won **** all with it.

    I'll put it like this: If I'm trying to kill you and I have numerous weapons at my disposal, would you rather take one weapon away from me or separate me from my weapons?
    +1 that's like saying what's worse?? Giving a guy a day off or killing him..

  10. #110
    Revis is the best corner in the NFL by far, and the delta between him and the next best corner is significant.

    But I rather have Revis blanketing Welker or Lloyd than having JPP, Watt, Ware and Aldon Smith 5yds away from Brady every play of the game.

  11. #111
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,165
    dont care, doesnt matter

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Revis was not wearing the other team's game day gear. It was your basic ATLANTA FALCON hat that any fan could purchase. Doubt that he "exchanged it' with a falcon player.

    Played D1 myself and never exchanged the other teams gear before a game. If it were a tournament, far away from campus, then possibly but would NEVER even consider wearing the other team's logo while my team was still playing.

    Not too upset over it? If a teammate of mine was wearing the logo of an opponent in season, or out, my teammates and I would have a HUGE issue with this.

    The only place in the sports world where this is accepted is the NY JETS and some of their fans.

    The JETS: Where we sign opposing players who call us idiots and our own players who sport the gear of the opponent.

    You cant make this stuff up
    Well, Don't know what to say except trades were done all of the time.

  13. #113
    After thinking about it, it really isn't a big deal. As long as he's not wearing some dumbass Pastriots, Buffalol, or Lolphin gear then I'm fine with it.

  14. #114
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    After thinking about it, it really isn't a big deal. As long as he's not wearing some dumbass Pastriots, Buffalol, or Lolphin gear then I'm fine with it.
    Now that's how you make a decision. Sleep on it for 23 hours. My man.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Now that's how you make a decision. Sleep on it for 23 hours. My man.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Revis is not even a Top 5 defensive player let alone NFL player.

    AND he is coming off an ACL. His value is diminished. I know all about Peterson, so spare me. Doesn't mean Revis is going to do the same thing.

    And White is better than Jones. Jones is good b.c he plays with White. White did it alone before Jones.

    Blind homer, as usual.
    LOL, blind homer? I guess the other 5 that came out and laughed at you for this **** disagrees.

    Nevermind that, you being ok with a trade involving Revis and 32 year old Roddy White is the real joke.

  17. #117
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Dude. Seriously?!?!? How did you know that's my favorite show? Ever been to the bar that inspired the show?

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Dude. Seriously?!?!? How did you know that's my favorite show? Ever been to the bar that inspired the show?
    Nope, never. It's one of my favorites, too.

    I bet that bar was LEGEN-wait for it....

  19. #119
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Nope, never. It's one of my favorites, too.

    I bet that bar was LEGEN-wait for it....
    Dary!

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Dary!
    YES! WHAT UUHUUHUUP?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us