Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 129

Thread: At 9:06 pm tonight-Revis tweet

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,675
    I am not sure why people keep thinking that players have the same allegiance to their teams that fans do. It is their job, they are not fans. It is no different if someone worked for, lets say Pfizer, and you wore a shirt on your day off that had a Novartis logo on it. If Novartis were to offer you more money at some point you would leave Pfizer. I am sure this was probably an intentional ploy on Revis' part because he has seen his value to the Jets be diminished somewhat this season. Either way, it is hardly something for everyone to get upset over, these guys are hired guns, and will ALWAYS go where the money is.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure why people keep thinking that players have the same allegiance to their teams that fans do. It is their job, they are not fans. It is no different if someone worked for, lets say Pfizer, and you wore a shirt on your day off that had a Novartis logo on it. If Novartis were to offer you more money at some point you would leave Pfizer. I am sure this was probably an intentional ploy on Revis' part because he has seen his value to the Jets be diminished somewhat this season. Either way, it is hardly something for everyone to get upset over, these guys are hired guns, and will ALWAYS go where the money is.
    I agree and pretty much said the same thing, some of these guys move on without a look back, He certainly has the right to wear whatever team's garb he wants, it was just in bad taste and somewhat disrespectful as he wore it for a publicity shot. Your boss would not be happy if your LinkedIn Photo had you with the competitions shirt on.
    Last edited by patman; 12-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.

  3. #83
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,064
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure why people keep thinking that players have the same allegiance to their teams that fans do. It is their job, they are not fans. It is no different if someone worked for, lets say Pfizer, and you wore a shirt on your day off that had a Novartis logo on it. If Novartis were to offer you more money at some point you would leave Pfizer. I am sure this was probably an intentional ploy on Revis' part because he has seen his value to the Jets be diminished somewhat this season. Either way, it is hardly something for everyone to get upset over, these guys are hired guns, and will ALWAYS go where the money is.
    When I was a kid things were different but when teams got Free Agency that changed everthing..

  4. #84
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Sure, trade a top 5 NFL player for a WR that will be 32 next year

    If you're going to target a player on the Falcons for Revis, Julio Jones is a starting point, and nothing else.

    Clueless as usual
    Revis is not even a Top 5 defensive player let alone NFL player.

    AND he is coming off an ACL. His value is diminished. I know all about Peterson, so spare me. Doesn't mean Revis is going to do the same thing.

    And White is better than Jones. Jones is good b.c he plays with White. White did it alone before Jones.

    Blind homer, as usual.

  5. #85
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Revis is not even a Top 5 defensive player let alone NFL player.

    AND he is coming off an ACL. His value is diminished. I know all about Peterson, so spare me. Doesn't mean Revis is going to do the same thing.

    And White is better than Jones. Jones is good b.c he plays with White. White did it alone before Jones.

    Blind homer, as usual.
    Not a top 5? I think you are in the minority with that statement. Not just from JI but in the sports world. You don't watch much sports do you?

  6. #86
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am not sure why people keep thinking that players have the same allegiance to their teams that fans do. It is their job, they are not fans. It is no different if someone worked for, lets say Pfizer, and you wore a shirt on your day off that had a Novartis logo on it. If Novartis were to offer you more money at some point you would leave Pfizer. I am sure this was probably an intentional ploy on Revis' part because he has seen his value to the Jets be diminished somewhat this season. Either way, it is hardly something for everyone to get upset over, these guys are hired guns, and will ALWAYS go where the money is.
    So you're ok with it if Revis put on a Patriots or Dolphins hat?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    So you're ok with it if Revis put on a Patriots or Dolphins hat?
    THIS!!!!!!

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Revis is not even a Top 5 defensive player let alone NFL player.

    AND he is coming off an ACL. His value is diminished. I know all about Peterson, so spare me. Doesn't mean Revis is going to do the same thing.

    And White is better than Jones. Jones is good b.c he plays with White. White did it alone before Jones.

    Blind homer, as usual.
    LOL are you kidding? Jet hater, as usual

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Revis is not even a Top 5 defensive player let alone NFL player.AND he is coming off an ACL. His value is diminished. I know all about Peterson, so spare me. Doesn't mean Revis is going to do the same thing.

    And White is better than Jones. Jones is good b.c he plays with White. White did it alone before Jones.

    Blind homer, as usual.
    Wait, what? http://top100.nfl.com/tracker

    According to fans he's the 16th overall best player, according to the NFL he is the 5th best. Where would you have him ranked, in terms of defensive players!?!?!

    Whata joke.

    BTW remember when everbody thought this guy was going to become a knick:

  10. #90
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    So you're ok with it if Revis put on a Patriots or Dolphins hat?
    Now that might be going a little far. If he did that, it would show a complete lack of respect. Different conference is pushing it a little, but if it was the same division or conference then it might stir some controversy. If ESPN or any other news doesn't make a big deal.... Then it's probably not a big deal

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    He looks like Lamont from Sanford & Son. LMFAO!

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I'd imagine because it goes with the ****ing outfit. Hundreds of players wear hats of different teams.

    Holy ****, JI really does suck now.
    +1

    That's how a lot of athletes dress. And who knows, maybe he was a Deion fan growing up.

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,229
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Not a top 5? I think you are in the minority with that statement. Not just from JI but in the sports world. You don't watch much sports do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    LOL are you kidding? Jet hater, as usual
    As I have said many times, there is not a single player in the NFL that plays their position better than Revis plays CB (pre-injury). Revis is a better CB than Rodgers is a QB. Not sure I can give him a bigger compliment than that. However, I put Miller, Smith, Watt, JPP and Ware all ahead of him. Why? Because of the impact they can have on a game and impact they can have every single play. Those guys can wreck a game for an opposing offense. Teams can just ignore Revis and attack us elsewhere. Every single player I listed cannot be ignored b.c they play on the LOS at the point of attack. And IMO that makes them more valuable.

    No Jets hate, no agenda. JMHO. And it is a fair argument/opinion no matter what you guys think.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    yes I do and apparently the OP did also. Why the hell do you care to respond to what I said? And how could you construe a injured teammate wearing another rival teams garb for a photo shoot in anything but bad taste. **** I don't even like Brady wearing the Yankees cap and that is a different sport.
    It's such a minor "who gives a ****" point the only thing that remotely affected me was the idea of a Patriots fan caring. I swear if I ever see an injured Wilfork wearing a Browns hat and create an account on a Patriots fan to talk about it you have permission to kill me.

    Only on JI could Revis wearing a hat become a 1000 post thread.

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    As I have said many times, there is not a single player in the NFL that plays their position better than Revis plays CB (pre-injury). Revis is a better CB than Rodgers is a QB. Not sure I can give him a bigger compliment than that. However, I put Miller, Smith, Watt, JPP and Ware all ahead of him. Why? Because of the impact they can have on a game and impact they can have every single play. Those guys can wreck a game for an opposing offense. Teams can just ignore Revis and attack us elsewhere. Every single player I listed cannot be ignored b.c they play on the LOS at the point of attack. And IMO that makes them more valuable.

    No Jets hate, no agenda. JMHO. And it is a fair argument/opinion no matter what you guys think.
    But revis is a better CB than all those guys are at their respective positions. He shuts 1 half of the field down.

  16. #96
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,229
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    But revis is a better CB than all those guys are at their respective positions. He shuts 1 half of the field down.
    I don't really want to argue this. If you feel Revis is the #1 defensive player in the NFL you are justified. I am just discussing my perspective, I am not trying to prove anybody wrong.

    I have watched Revis since he was drafted and have watched our team's performance with and without him. QBs have lit us up with and without him. Our defense have played good against the pass with and without him.

    IMO he simply has never taken over a game for us like one of those players I listed have and can. I have seen Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc all ignore him and cut us to ribbons elsewhere. He eliminates a player, not a portion of the field. There is a difference. Those other players can ruin a game for the opponent at the point of attack. The further away you move from the ball the less of an impact you can have on every single play. Revis does impact every play in how he can eliminate a player but I don't think he can ruin a gameplan.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-13-2012 at 12:22 PM.

  17. #97
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't really want to argue this. If you feel Revis is the #1 defensive player in the NFL you are justified. I am just discussing my perspective, I am not trying to prove anybody wrong.

    I have watched Revis since he was drafted and have watched our team's performance with and without him. QBs have lit us up with and without him. Our defense have played good against the pass with and without him.

    IMO he simply has never taken over a game for us like one of those players I listed have and can. I have seen Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc all ignore him and cut us to ribbons elsewhere. He eliminates a player, not a portion of the field. There is a difference. Those other players can ruin a game for the opponent at the point of attack. The further away you move from the ball the less of an impact you can have on every single play.
    I'm not arguing the point either. I get what you are saying too. However, revis is a rare breed and I have seen JJ watt become nothing against the pats. When have you seen revis ever become nothing in a game?

  18. #98
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,064
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I'm not arguing the point either. I get what you are saying too. However, revis is a rare breed and I have seen JJ watt become nothing against the pats. When have you seen revis ever become nothing in a game?
    A pass rushing D player can get in a QB's head and affect his play.. Revis at best just makes the QB look at his TE and other recivers.. Plus a good hit on the QB could take him out of the game.. While Watt may have been nothing in that game look what Ellis and the Jet D did to Brady in that Playoff game in foxboro..

  19. #99
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    A pass rushing D player can get in a QB's head and affect his play.. Revis at best just makes the QB look at his TE and other recivers.. Plus a good hit on the QB could take him out of the game.. While Watt may have been nothing in that game look what Ellis and the Jet D did to Brady in that Playoff game in foxboro..
    I understand what you are saying too. But when you include an example with revis on the field, it doesn't do anything to support the argument. Ellis got to Brady, why? Answer: Revis

  20. #100
    he's just anti-Giants like a lot of us and is pulling hard for the Falcons to beat the NYG this Sunday.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us