Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Truth About Next Year

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    You're not wrong that he's definitely lacking in skill players around him. But there is a difference between struggling because the team lacks offensive talent and being statistically one of the worst QB's in football.

When we HAD a decent WR corps, he was still just mediocre. He has some really nice games, and often showed the ability to rise to the occasion, but taken as a whole he's had a lot more average or very bad games, and moments where he just makes terrible decisions. He still can't read coverages. He still reacts pitifully to being blitzed.

If you want to blame it on the guys around him, I can't stop you. But consider that even rookie QBs on teams that were pretty abysmal last year have had success with average talent around them. Admittedly, I'd still take the Colts and Seahawks skill guys over ours, and RGIII is a bit of a freak, but you'd think several years of experience in the league would negate that.
    Huh? Sorry, that is just wrong. Talent makes all the difference in the world.

When we had a decent WR unit, that same QB was only in his 2nd year, still going through bouts of inconsistency during regular season play, was only in his second year, that was the difference.

Look at Sanchez' numbers in the playoffs, they are very good. That is a true measuring stick, a true statistical measure.

By Sanchez' third year, he continued to grow. People wash away Sanchez 3rd year because of the way it ended, but go back and look at Sanchez' stats over the first 13 games:

Comp % Yards TD INT QBR

57.48% 2859 21 11 85.2

In a year where the offense for the most part quit on the OC, or perhaps more accurately, Schotty lost their players, a year that Sanchez did incur massive changes at the WR position, and even with Burress being a big disappointment, after the first 13 games, Sanchez was having a very solid 3rd season... The team was 8-5, and poised to make the playoffs for the 3rd stright year.

Then the wheels fell off. Too many blame Sanchez, but how much of it was Sanchez? How much the pathetic play of our OL? The poor pass protection? The implosion of the players on offense and the coaching staff?

There is a lot that can be said, can be debated, but Sanchez was having a very solid 3rd year until those final 3 games. He was playing better, and with less talent, despite the poor pass protection, despite lacking depth at TE, Keller was the only weapon, everybody behind him with Cumberland going down early was garbage. Poor play at FB, etc.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    lock it up, the 2013 Jets WONT win a SB. rex, tanny and sanchez need to go.
    Your original prediction this year for the Jets was 7-9, so knowing that you thought they would be bad in the beginning of the year and now knowing that they will probably win 8 or 9 games and exceed your expectations why would you fire Rex?

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=record&page=2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cant assume sanchez is the starter next year, regardless of salary. He cant still play bad and Jets win.. And if he has another terrible game, Rex will pull him regardless whos winning. Then its wide open for next yr.. Im just curious who is the #2 now.. The Jets havent had a clear # 2 in years.(mark brunell lol) Yet we have had one of the worst #1's. is it tebow or Mcelroy?

If Mark just plays bad, but slides through without getting pulled.. The "new" GM may sign someone like Vick, give him a chance to win the job..It will be interesting.. Seahawks sure didnt mind putting the qb who makes over 6 mil a yr on the bench in his 1st yr of contract, mark will be in his last yr with Jet thy wont care..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Cant assume sanchez is the starter next year, regardless of salary. He cant still play bad and Jets win.. And if he has another terrible game, Rex will pull him regardless whos winning. Then its wide open for next yr.. Im just curious who is the #2 now.. The Jets havent had a clear # 2 in years.(mark brunell lol) Yet we have had one of the worst #1's. is it tebow or Mcelroy?

If Mark just plays bad, but slides through without getting pulled.. The "new" GM may sign someone like Vick, give him a chance to win the job..It will be interesting.. Seahawks sure didnt mind putting the qb who makes over 6 mil a yr on the bench in his 1st yr of contract, mark will be in his last yr with Jet thy wont care..
    This is what drives me crazy about this year. If they pull Sanchez during that disgraceful performance on week 3 rather than waiting for week 12 then we'd still have had a shot at a good season.

As it is now, nothing is being blown up. Rex is a keeper!

Hopefully they keep Tanny somewhere but get a new GM. Hopefully Rex isn't afraid to let Sanchez ride the bench sooner rather then later during his contract year. As someone mentioned, hopefully we get a healthy Edwards to jump start the off season. A few good draft picks, players like Revis and Holmes and prospects like Baker comming off IR, I think we're looking good for 1213.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    A young QB, with bouts of inconsistency as they all have, but 4 playoff wins on the road, and 2 AFCCG's.
    Do you mess your pants every single time you type that?

That was 2 friggn' years ago and that "young" QB is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because Sanchez is due to receive $ doesn't mean he HAS to be the starter. The Jets could be intelligent and Matt Flynn him until they could release him following the 2013 campaign.

Also, I highly doubt Keller is back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will be back b.c of $$$. Keller is gone. Bye!!!

We just need to find an average to slightly below average QB for 2013. With that I think we can get 10 wins and compete for the playoffs. Right now we are the worst in the league at the position. I don't think this team can be a legitimate SB contender for a couple of years but miracles can happen. We will be respectable with a average QB who can make good decisions and accurate throws.

BTW, we already have one on the roster.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    why are rex, sanchez and tannenbaum equated by people?

sanchez is terrible, terrible, terrible. rex is not terrible. please separate people.

rex ryan isnt throwing interceptions out there people.
    I agree to disagree lol...Sanchez is terrible...Tannenbaum signed this clown to a huge contract and has made bad roster decisions so he is just as accountable as Sanchez. Rex's decision making abilities are bad. He reportedly was in favor to give GMAC the start against the Jags then he was conveinced by Mike T not to do so. Then he went as far as sitting GMAC as a thanks for being a catalyst in the win against the Cards.

Way to support a winning philosophy Rex...he must go too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

That was 2 friggn' years ago and that "young" QB is the worst starting QB in the NFL.
    +1 I think the big concern is. He still makes ALL the same mistakes he did as a rookie, without making a big play here and there, like he did then.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made up my mind last week I wanted everybody gone- unfortunately it's looking less likely- I'm also one of the few who wasn't in love with Braylon and so this is the most difficult it's ever been for me to root for the Jets to win. I would LOVE it if the Vagiants missed the playoffs and that's what I'm focusing on now. I'd like to see the Texans make it to the Super Bowl since I'm sick of the Pats, Steelers, and Peyton repping the AFC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Too bad your father didn't mess his pants 9 mos before you were born.

How is the search going?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez and Keller are probably the two closest friends on the team.

He will sign cheap becaue he's played himself out of a market to his favor. If he was healthy this year, he had the potential to put up even better numbers than he did last year.

Stop posting, because you are clueless.
    I put some thought into my posts, i suggest you do also.

And Sanchez is guaranteed to win and keep the starting job next year?

What if Sanchez and the jets qb situation sucks again next year and he get 45 receptions 550 yds? I just think that playing for Atlanta replacing Gonsalez
    With Ryan throwing him the rock, or The Bears with Cutler and back home to Indiana. With Peyton in Denver as Dressen is a FA.

If he is looking to reestablish his numbers by signing a one year deal for short money and take a mulligan I would think his agent is going to push him to go with a team with one of the top qbs and a playoff favorite.
    Last edited by patman; 12-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad your father didn't mess his pants 9 mos before you were born.

How is the search going?
    Low. Even for you.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GangGreen28 View Post
    I know i'll get killed for this but i'm okay with 1 more year as long as we re-haul the linebacker core and bring in a new running back. Maybe replace brandon moore. Also, please get a new offensive coordinater.
    I agree with everything above except getting a new offensive coordinator. The offense is not talented and unfortunately theres no way to scheme around that. Sparano his doing the best with what he has. I would love to get Bush as un realistic as it is I would love to see Bush Greene Powell Mckinght as our running backs next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I put some thought into my posts, i suggest you do also.

And Sanchez is guaranteed to win and keep the starting job next year?

What if Sanchez and the jets qb situation sucks again next year and he get 45 receptions 550 yds? I just think that playing for Atlanta replacing Gonsalez
    With Ryan throwing him the rock, or The Bears with Cutler and back home to Indiana. With Peyton in Denver as Dressen is a FA.

If he is looking to reestablish his numbers by signing a one year deal for short money and take a mulligan I would think his agent is going to push him to go with a team with one of the top qbs and a playoff favorite.
    you are awesome, you are a troll and you put thought into your posts? LMAO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    you are awesome, you are a troll and you put thought into your posts? LMAO
    Quit laughing and explain why my take on it was not a valid take. And please find a thread that I trolled on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    Assuming the Jets do not implode the next 3 games and finish 8-8 or 9-7 the following is guaranteed to happen next year:

-Rex remains coach
    -Tanny still with organization, possibly relegated to strictly contracts role
    -Mark Sanchez will be the starting quarterback due to the financial commitment of 8.5 million

It will be a make or break year for all of the people mentioned above.
    Ideally if Braylon is extended on a 1 year incentive laden deal, they will give Sanchez every opportunity to succeed with skill players of Holmes, Edwards, cheaply resigned Keller, Kerley in the slot, and a more polished Hill.

Healthy Revis back, no excuse for Rex's D, which has played pretty well in his abscence.

If they fail to make the playoffs, it will be blown up. This is the reality of the situation like it or not. There is no reason to debate and argue if these people deserve another year, if it is that infuriating to some fans, then they should choose another team.

I'm not advocating for this plan, but based on the facts it is clearly bound to happen.

Well, this year was supposed to be the "make or break" year but whatever. I'm afraid you're right. The Jets will simply delay the inevitable for another year. It's the one thing our owner is good at.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Low. Even for you.
    Agreed..BUT he was provoked by a troll. SO.... still within the parameters.