Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: The Truth About Next Year

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Truth About Next Year

    Assuming the Jets do not implode the next 3 games and finish 8-8 or 9-7 the following is guaranteed to happen next year:

    -Rex remains coach
    -Tanny still with organization, possibly relegated to strictly contracts role
    -Mark Sanchez will be the starting quarterback due to the financial commitment of 8.5 million

    It will be a make or break year for all of the people mentioned above.
    Ideally if Braylon is extended on a 1 year incentive laden deal, they will give Sanchez every opportunity to succeed with skill players of Holmes, Edwards, cheaply resigned Keller, Kerley in the slot, and a more polished Hill.

    Healthy Revis back, no excuse for Rex's D, which has played pretty well in his abscence.

    If they fail to make the playoffs, it will be blown up. This is the reality of the situation like it or not. There is no reason to debate and argue if these people deserve another year, if it is that infuriating to some fans, then they should choose another team.

    I'm not advocating for this plan, but based on the facts it is clearly bound to happen.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    Assuming the Jets do not implode the next 3 games and finish 8-8 or 9-7 the following is guaranteed to happen next year:

    -Rex remains coach
    -Tanny still with organization, possibly relegated to strictly contracts role
    -Mark Sanchez will be the starting quarterback due to the financial commitment of 8.5 million

    It will be a make or break year for all of the people mentioned above.
    Ideally if Braylon is extended on a 1 year incentive laden deal, they will give Sanchez every opportunity to succeed with skill players of Holmes, Edwards, cheaply resigned Keller, Kerley in the slot, and a more polished Hill.

    Healthy Revis back, no excuse for Rex's D, which has played pretty well in his abscence.

    If they fail to make the playoffs, it will be blown up. This is the reality of the situation like it or not. There is no reason to debate and argue if these people deserve another year, if it is that infuriating to some fans, then they should choose another team.

    I'm not advocating for this plan, but based on the facts it is clearly bound to happen.

    lock it up, the 2013 Jets WONT win a SB. rex, tanny and sanchez need to go.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    running backs and linebackers will be overhauled

  4. #4
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    lock it up, the 2013 Jets WONT win a SB. rex, tanny and sanchez need to go.
    There are very valid cases to be made for this happening, but its not going to happen. Jets will try to recreate skill player assortment from when Sanchez had some success, and cut the cord next year if he fails.

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    im a mass hole
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know i'll get killed for this but i'm okay with 1 more year as long as we re-haul the linebacker core and bring in a new running back. Maybe replace brandon moore. Also, please get a new offensive coordinater.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed ... Lb corps needs an overhaul

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just ready for this season to be over. I'm drained!!!!!

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    why are rex, sanchez and tannenbaum equated by people?

    sanchez is terrible, terrible, terrible. rex is not terrible. please separate people.

    rex ryan isnt throwing interceptions out there people.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happens if u r wrong ? Correction, when u r wrong ?

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    Assuming the Jets do not implode the next 3 games and finish 8-8 or 9-7 the following is guaranteed to happen next year:

    -Rex remains coach
    -Tanny still with organization, possibly relegated to strictly contracts role
    -Mark Sanchez will be the starting quarterback due to the financial commitment of 8.5 million

    It will be a make or break year for all of the people mentioned above.
    Ideally if Braylon is extended on a 1 year incentive laden deal, they will give Sanchez every opportunity to succeed with skill players of Holmes, Edwards, cheaply resigned Keller, Kerley in the slot, and a more polished Hill.

    Healthy Revis back, no excuse for Rex's D, which has played pretty well in his abscence.

    If they fail to make the playoffs, it will be blown up. This is the reality of the situation like it or not. There is no reason to debate and argue if these people deserve another year, if it is that infuriating to some fans, then they should choose another team.

    I'm not advocating for this plan, but based on the facts it is clearly bound to happen.
    Please give us the reason you think Keller will sigh cheaply with the jets. I believe he will sign a one year deal for short money, but it will be for ateam with a QB, and he will then take a mulligan and enter the draft with some numbers on his side. But to think he will sign cheap to play with Sanchez is wishful thinking.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please give us the reason you think Keller will sigh cheaply with the jets. I believe he will sign a one year deal for short money, but it will be for ateam with a QB, and he will then take a mulligan and enter the draft with some numbers on his side. But to think he will sign cheap to play with Sanchez is wishful thinking.
    I see your point, but a one-year deal is the ultimate football risk - this isn't baseball - and I doubt at this stage of his career he wants to take that risk. Keller wants another real payday and I expect he'll go for a long-term contract wherever one is offered. I really doubt it will be the Jets.

  12. #12
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please give us the reason you think Keller will sigh cheaply with the jets. I believe he will sign a one year deal for short money, but it will be for ateam with a QB, and he will then take a mulligan and enter the draft with some numbers on his side. But to think he will sign cheap to play with Sanchez is wishful thinking.
    He knows that if he is healthy Sanchez will target him more than any other player on the Jets. He is also one of Mark's best friends on the team. His numbers a year ago were pretty good with Mark throwing to him. As long as he gets his targets he will be happy and he is guaranteed to get plenty here as long as he is healthy

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    Assuming the Jets do not implode the next 3 games and finish 8-8 or 9-7 the following is guaranteed to happen next year:

    -Rex remains coach
    -Tanny still with organization, possibly relegated to strictly contracts role
    -Mark Sanchez will be the starting quarterback due to the financial commitment of 8.5 million

    It will be a make or break year for all of the people mentioned above.
    Ideally if Braylon is extended on a 1 year incentive laden deal, they will give Sanchez every opportunity to succeed with skill players of Holmes, Edwards, cheaply resigned Keller, Kerley in the slot, and a more polished Hill.

    Healthy Revis back, no excuse for Rex's D, which has played pretty well in his abscence.

    If they fail to make the playoffs, it will be blown up. This is the reality of the situation like it or not. There is no reason to debate and argue if these people deserve another year, if it is that infuriating to some fans, then they should choose another team.

    I'm not advocating for this plan, but based on the facts it is clearly bound to happen.
    Good post, and it makes a lot of sense.

    This Edwards deal has some nice potential, and the timing of it couldn't be better, Edwards has reached a point where he can no longer create his own market, and truly was not happy away from NY, he can rekindle his career with the Jets, and he certainly has the support of the fan base.

    So many potential high rewards, for such little risk. He's still just 29, can still play if healthy, will be extremely cheap, and even though the Sanchez haters won't like it, he DOES support Sanchez and they did have a lot of good chemistry.

    The Jets essentially have jump started their off-season plan with a huge piece at very little cost at a position that needed to be addressed. Now they can focus elsewhere, at LB, maybe RB, and TE amongst the top areas.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    lock it up, the 2013 Jets WONT win a SB. rex, tanny and sanchez need to go.
    I laugh at people who think this, when the same group just took this same team to within one game of that game two years in a row, just two years ago.

  15. #15
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no issue with giving Rex Ryan more time. If Tanny is part of the package that's fine also, though of three changes I see Tanny being fired as most likely.

    What drives me nuts is this commitment to Mark Sanchez. There's no reason for a GM and Coach to be this stuck on a player who is clearly far below average for his position. Especially when that position is the most important of all.

    I get that his contract means he'll almost definitely be on the roster. But he should have no better a chance at starting than whoever else we sign or draft+McElroy or Tebow if they're still around. Ideally we draft a QB in the first three rounds and have him breathing down Mark's neck.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please give us the reason you think Keller will sigh cheaply with the jets. I believe he will sign a one year deal for short money, but it will be for ateam with a QB, and he will then take a mulligan and enter the draft with some numbers on his side. But to think he will sign cheap to play with Sanchez is wishful thinking.
    Sanchez and Keller are probably the two closest friends on the team.

    He will sign cheap becaue he's played himself out of a market to his favor. If he was healthy this year, he had the potential to put up even better numbers than he did last year.

    Stop posting, because you are clueless.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    I have no issue with giving Rex Ryan more time. If Tanny is part of the package that's fine also, though of three changes I see Tanny being fired as most likely.

    What drives me nuts is this commitment to Mark Sanchez. There's no reason for a GM and Coach to be this stuck on a player who is clearly far below average for his position. Especially when that position is the most important of all.

    I get that his contract means he'll almost definitely be on the roster. But he should have no better a chance at starting than whoever else we sign or draft+McElroy or Tebow if they're still around. Ideally we draft a QB in the first three rounds and have him breathing down Mark's neck.
    Before the final 3 games last year, and before all the injuries and a season that through the first 11 games has been a disappointment, injuries at WR, TE, and RB depth, the Tebow factor, the team struggling and now fans turning on the team, he was the franchise, and he was progressing in the right direction. His first two years were almost a cinderella story. A young QB, with bouts of inconsistency as they all have, but 4 playoff wins on the road, and 2 AFCCG's.

    But then after 2010, his WR changed completely, gone were Edwards, Cotchery, Smith. Holmes most of this year, in come a rookie to draft pick and a bunch of complimentary players. Burress was a bust and a cancer, and a new offense.

    Sanchez deserves one more year with a supporting cast around him, with talent around him. A legit WR unit, if Edwards is healthy, the return of Holmes next year, and maybe a legit playmaker at RB this off-season, either by way of the draft or FA, the offense needs help this off-season, and they need to do it for Sanchez. There are no QB's in the draft worth rebuilding for, and I think it's too early to give up on Sanchez.

  18. #18
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    why are rex, sanchez and tannenbaum equated by people?

    sanchez is terrible, terrible, terrible. rex is not terrible. please separate people.

    rex ryan isnt throwing interceptions out there people.
    why should people separate rex from sanchez when rex himself cannot cut ties with sanchez...they are obviously succeeding together or going down together

  19. #19
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Before the final 3 games last year, and before all the injuries and a season that through the first 11 games has been a disappointment, injuries at WR, TE, and RB depth, the Tebow factor, the team struggling and now fans turning on the team, he was the franchise, and he was progressing in the right direction. His first two years were almost a cinderella story. A young QB, with bouts of inconsistency as they all have, but 4 playoff wins on the road, and 2 AFCCG's.

    But then after 2010, his WR changed completely, gone were Edwards, Cotchery, Smith. Holmes most of this year, in come a rookie to draft pick and a bunch of complimentary players. Burress was a bust and a cancer, and a new offense.

    Sanchez deserves one more year with a supporting cast around him, with talent around him. A legit WR unit, if Edwards is healthy, the return of Holmes next year, and maybe a legit playmaker at RB this off-season, either by way of the draft or FA, the offense needs help this off-season, and they need to do it for Sanchez. There are no QB's in the draft worth rebuilding for, and I think it's too early to give up on Sanchez.
    You're not wrong that he's definitely lacking in skill players around him. But there is a difference between struggling because the team lacks offensive talent and being statistically one of the worst QB's in football.

    When we HAD a decent WR corps, he was still just mediocre. He has some really nice games, and often showed the ability to rise to the occasion, but taken as a whole he's had a lot more average or very bad games, and moments where he just makes terrible decisions. He still can't read coverages. He still reacts pitifully to being blitzed.

    If you want to blame it on the guys around him, I can't stop you. But consider that even rookie QBs on teams that were pretty abysmal last year have had success with average talent around them. Admittedly, I'd still take the Colts and Seahawks skill guys over ours, and RGIII is a bit of a freak, but you'd think several years of experience in the league would negate that.

  20. #20
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    You're not wrong that he's definitely lacking in skill players around him. But there is a difference between struggling because the team lacks offensive talent and being statistically one of the worst QB's in football.

    When we HAD a decent WR corps, he was still just mediocre. He has some really nice games, and often showed the ability to rise to the occasion, but taken as a whole he's had a lot more average or very bad games, and moments where he just makes terrible decisions. He still can't read coverages. He still reacts pitifully to being blitzed.

    If you want to blame it on the guys around him, I can't stop you. But consider that even rookie QBs on teams that were pretty abysmal last year have had success with average talent around them. Admittedly, I'd still take the Colts and Seahawks skill guys over ours, and RGIII is a bit of a freak, but you'd think several years of experience in the league would negate that.
    +1000000000

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us