Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Thread: So Long Suckers Corporate Email Goodbye

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Nah.

    If I was going to quit a forum first I'd post a message thread announcing to everyone I was leaving.

    In which I explained earnestly that I was declaring a self-imposed ban on myself.

    Then I'd lurk for weeks hoping that people would miss me and talk about me and want me back.

    Then when they didn't I'd come back anyway.

    And post a message thread announcing to everyone I was back.

    And What did I miss?


    FTR: I disagree with the "earnestly" part.

    (And they missed me. Boy did they miss me. Filled up my PM box I tell yeah.)

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    What a dick
    This, plus :


  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,915
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Nah.

    If I was going to quit a forum first I'd post a message thread announcing to everyone I was leaving.

    In which I explained earnestly that I was declaring a self-imposed ban on myself.

    Then I'd lurk for weeks hoping that people would miss me and talk about me and want me back.

    Then when they didn't I'd come back anyway.

    And post a message thread announcing to everyone I was back.

    And What did I miss?






































    LOLZ


    Sent from a phone using an app

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    That was the motto of my Hamptons sharehouse in 2005 and here is the t-shirt we made and wore to Boardy Barn 4th of July weekend that year.


    Front


    Back
    We wouldn't expect any less from you Red....


  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,943
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    FTR: I disagree with the "earnestly" part.

    (And they missed me. Boy did they miss me. Filled up my PM box I tell yeah.)
    Picks or it never happened.

    Except maybe Peebag. Sentimental midwest bastard.

  6. #46
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    242
    I despise HR people and everything they claim to stand for. What purpose do they actually serve anyway? Please enlighten me.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Picks or it never happened.

    Except maybe Peebag. Sentimental midwest bastard.
    you'd be surprised, some of the biggest dicks here are softies.(not in the ragooo way)

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,080
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    you'd be surprised, some of the biggest dicks here are softies.(not in the ragooo way)
    Are you saying that the mods are flaccid?

  9. #49
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    That was the motto of my Hamptons sharehouse in 2005 and here is the t-shirt we made and wore to Boardy Barn 4th of July weekend that year.


    Front


    Back
    I'm not sure that a group of dudes can wear matching custom made t-shirts and look cool no matter what the slogan.

    That's a lot of effort to come off as a douche.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    7,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Are you saying that the mods are flaccid?
    Are you inferring they're not?

  11. #51
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,070
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

    That's a lot of effort to come off as a douche.
    Ever been to the boardy barn? It takes effort to stand out from the other dooshes. Mere behaviour isnt good enough.





    -

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,264
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm not sure that a group of dudes can wear matching custom made t-shirts and look cool no matter what the slogan.

    That's a lot of effort to come off as a douche.
    Exact opposite effect. I don't think I bought a drink that day. Labor Day weekend at Boardy Barn that same summer, we dressed as Cobra Kai and had one guy dress like Daniel LaRusso.

    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ever been to the boardy barn? It takes effort to stand out from the other dooshes. Mere behaviour isnt good enough.


    -
    That depends on whether or not one chose to use the "Executive Bathroom," read: the wall next to the Portopotties in plain sight.

  13. #53
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,281
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ever been to the boardy barn? It takes effort to stand out from the other dooshes. Mere behaviour isnt good enough.

    -
    That's a fair point. I wasn't fully taking in the setting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Exact opposite effect. I don't think I bought a drink that day. Labor Day weekend at Boardy Barn that same summer, we dressed as Cobra Kai and had one guy dress like Daniel LaRusso.
    I'll admit, I dig that one. Hopefully every 10 minutes you started pounding on Larusso, with an occasional "Daniel Larusso's gonna fight??!!??!"

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,264
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That's a fair point. I wasn't fully taking in the setting.

    I'll admit, I dig that one. Hopefully every 10 minutes you started pounding on Larusso, with an occasional "Daniel Larusso's gonna fight??!!??!"
    There were plenty of Crane Technique pics taken, but I can't find them anywhere. Friggin' Shutterfly buying KodakGallery effed up some old albums.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Exact opposite effect. I don't think I bought a drink that day. Labor Day weekend at Boardy Barn that same summer, we dressed as Cobra Kai and had one guy dress like Daniel LaRusso.



    That depends on whether or not one chose to use the "Executive Bathroom," read: the wall next to the Portopotties in plain sight.
    Jesus I can't wait for the hampur reunion.

  16. #56
    All the talk in this thread about Karate Kid and Hampur reunions reminded me of the following Karate Kid reunion video.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQ3vaiv47I

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Jesus I can't wait for the hampur reunion.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Jesus I can't wait for the hampur reunion.

  19. #59
    Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Are you saying that the mods are flaccid?
    Only when we're done with his mom!


  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    This really is on par with our current Hampur Dance video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsLoK5YpFQ#!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us