Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Knicks to Nets convert?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks to Nets convert?

Who else converted from Knicks to Nets fan?

I was never really a die-hard Knicks fan although I did root for them over the last few years. I'm 18 so I never experienced the Knicks being any good. I didn't give a **** about the NBA when they had the good 90s teams.

Being from Brooklyn and never being very passionate about the Knicks made it relatively easy for me to switch allegiances. I'm proud as hell of my borough so it was a no-brainer for me.

I'm curious to hear what other Brooklyn people have to say. I have friends who are still Knicks all the way, but plenty of others who are Nets fans now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say some Brooklynites switched allegiances, but not as many that stayed Knick fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the younger basketball fans from Brooklyn who didn't know the Ewing era would likely switch.

The migration would've even been greater if the Knicks weren't having a good season this year. That will halt the switch IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any Knick fan that didn't switch during the Kidd-Carter-Jefferson era certainly isn't switching now . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Any Knick fan that didn't switch during the Kidd-Carter-Jefferson era certainly isn't switching now . . .
    Kidd-Jefferson-KMart was even stronger.

That was the closest I'd ever come to switching alliances for any sport...I've loved Kidd since I got his holographic rookie mavs card as a kid, and since NBAJAM TE for SNES...and I wasn't very aware of the Knicks back then...so I came close. But my dad (who knows nothing about american sports) told me that I should never quit, so I didn't.

Good parenting, I'd say....except that's the same logic he used for the Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay confession time: I rooted hard for those JKidd early 2000s Nets teams. That was when I first got into basketball and I fell in love. Then I lost all interest in the NBA until around 2009 when I casually started watching the playoffs. And then I rooted for the Knicks for the last two seasons because I didn't really feel a connection with the Nets anymore.

And now I'm back with the Nets. I'm obviously a disgrace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Okay confession time: I rooted hard for those JKidd early 2000s Nets teams. That was when I first got into basketball and I fell in love. Then I lost all interest in the NBA until around 2009 when I casually started watching the playoffs. And then I rooted for the Knicks for the last two seasons because I didn't really feel a connection with the Nets anymore.

And now I'm back with the Nets. I'm obviously a disgrace.
    It's America. A free country.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Kidd-Jefferson-KMart was even stronger.

That was the closest I'd ever come to switching alliances for any sport...I've loved Kidd since I got his holographic rookie mavs card as a kid, and since NBAJAM TE for SNES...and I wasn't very aware of the Knicks back then...so I came close. But my dad (who knows nothing about american sports) told me that I should never quit, so I didn't.

Good parenting, I'd say....except that's the same logic he used for the Jets
    Kidd has ALWAYS been fun to watch (and you're right -- I forgot about KMart).

I have three young ones now and I don't push them toward ANY of my teams (understandable as I root for Jets, Knicks and Rangers).

Yet there they are wanting Jets jerseys, asking how the Rangers chant goes, screaming "NOVAK" when the guy isn't even in the game -- I tell ya, it's gotta be a curse . . .

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Adults who switch alliances should not be trusted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Adults who switch alliances should not be trusted.
    Completely agree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Completely agree.
    This is hilarious, seriously you cant make this **** up.

Former Jets fan now a Giants fan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I think the poster's question was more based around the team being now in Brooklyn and those people who are born or raised in BK switching. Brooklynites are extremely proud of their borough and might switch allegiances for that purpose. Again I dont think it would be that many but I might be wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    This is hilarious, seriously you cant make this **** up.

Former Jets fan now a Giants fan.
    Glad you thought it was hilarious because that was the point.

You know, an ironic post? You know what those are?