Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets RB may be setting stage for next season- NY Post

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    The Jets will run the ball 30-35 times a game next year, regardless of who the QB is -- Sanchez, McElroy, some rookie or some retread vet -- so the team will need 2 RBs. Powell is definitely one of them, but he's not a 20+ touch per game guy I don't think.

And I am not sure what kind of $ Greene will be looking for on the FA market, but I hope he realizes it won't be much he'll be getting. There are maybe five -- if I can borrow a phrase from Rex -- "bellcow" backs in the league, and Greene ain't one of them. He could end up back with the Jets, though teams like the Raiders, Chiefs, Falcons and Steelers might be looking for 4.0 yard per carry guy who has lost just 1 fumble since Week 2 of 2010 (663 carries).
    Bama. I'm assuming you're an 'Bama 'Tide fan, yes? What are your thoughts on Eddie Lacy? Where do you see him going in the draft? I think he and my boy Bilal would be a great duo. What do you think?

I like the combo of Greene and Powell, I think it works.

What has been a disappointment is the need for that playmaker, McKnight has been a disappointment, can't stay on the field, hasn't become the player we hoped when we lost Leon Washington.

We need that kind of player.

I'm fine with both Greene and Powell next year, but if McKnight doesn't step up, then maybe it's time to find a new player to perform the role we've been hoping he was supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    Im sorry but i havent seen any of Powells speed?! I haven't seen him make a guy miss, nor has he run he over a guy or outrun someone..
    When he had a big run it was perfectly blocked with a huge hole to run thru.
    I dont think at all that he is the long time answer at RB. We need a playmaker. You can tell me what you want but ever since LT retired our running game is missing that explosive guy who can burst a 50 yarder every now and then.
    Not sure what you've been watching but he's definitely made guys miss to get a couple more yards/first downs. Where as Greene would have been down by running right into the guy.

I don't think our RB situation is as bad as some make it out to be. Theres no AP but they're getting the job done. I'd rather find a WR first before a RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Bama. I'm assuming you're an 'Bama 'Tide fan, yes? What are your thoughts on Eddie Lacy? Where do you see him going in the draft? I think he and my boy Bilal would be a great duo. What do you think?
    Right now I see Lacy as a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder. I'd love to have him on the Jets ... size, power, speed -- guy is a beast. Didn't get many opportunities to make receptions and ended up splitting carries with Yeldon (who is also a stud), but he's still one of the top 3-5 backs in the draft this year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I like the combo of Greene and Powell, I think it works.

What has been a disappointment is the need for that playmaker, McKnight has been a disappointment, can't stay on the field, hasn't become the player we hoped when we lost Leon Washington.

We need that kind of player.

I'm fine with both Greene and Powell next year, but if McKnight doesn't step up, then maybe it's time to find a new player to perform the role we've been hoping he was supposed to.
    I like Greene as well, but he should be the backup and 2nd half RB, and as long as he doesn't take up too much salary cap space.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I like Powell but it would be foolish for the Jets not to keep Greene around, he is on pace for his 2nd consecutive 1,000 yd season and has been a good workhorse the last couple of years. I don't think it would cost them much to re-sign him.