Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 12/13

BLACK JET DOWN!

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Braylon Edwards just slipped on an out route in practice. Got up slowly. Then ran another route and caught a pass. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets practice: Keller (ankle), Gates (concussion) working off to side. Powell (toe) riding stationary bike.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Braylon opening it up a little now with Lal. Aside from a slip and fall, looking pretty good. #nyj #jets

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    BLACK JET DOWN!

Braylon Edwards just slipped on an out route in practice. Got up slowly. Then ran another route and caught a pass. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets practice: Keller (ankle), Gates (concussion) working off to side. Powell (toe) riding stationary bike.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Braylon opening it up a little now with Lal. Aside from a slip and fall, looking pretty good. #nyj #jets
    Rex says Powell is a GO with a broken toe? U would think a RB would need the toes to be close to 100%. Whatever.

GO JETS!

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Rex says Powell is a GO with a broken toe? U would think a RB would need the toes to be close to 100%. Whatever.

GO JETS!
    I think that's why he said McElroy MIGHT be active. If I recall, Mc was going to be active against the Jags until Joe got migraines. Now with Powell injuring his toe, it might be another inactive week for Mc.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex: Braylon medically cleared by Jets despite Seahawks claims #nyj: http://nyp.st/Zlgioq via @nypost

Ryan: Tebow will be active vs. Titans, but only as backup QB #nyj: http://nyp.st/TXBfCH via @nypost

BUT BUT BUT REX SAID DA LEEG WASN'T READY FOR DA TEBOWCAT. WHAT HAPPENED DOE!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Ryan: Tebow will be active vs. Titans, but only as backup QB
    Why would he say this? I thought it was so difficult to prepare for the wildcat and that was part of signing tebow.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Do you see yourself in Tennessee for several more years? Chris Johnson: "Honestly, I don't know." #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    . @BobGlauber applying his leather-jacket wearing, no-nonsense style during the Chris Johnson conference call right now.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    When asked if they have pieces to get to playoffs, Johnson said "I think we have some of the players here" emphasis on some. #Titans #jets

Rex: Braylon medically cleared by Jets despite Seahawks claims #nyj: http://nyp.st/Zlgioq via @nypost
    Let's hope we don't use the same medical staff as the Mets.

Rex Ryan and Braylon Edwards have always had a great relationship. Edwards' "idiots" comment wasn't referring to the Jets head coach. #nyj

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    CJ2K said season turned around when the offensive line stepped up. #nyj

All Pro
    I think that's why he said McElroy MIGHT be active. If I recall, Mc was going to be active against the Jags until Joe got migraines. Now with Powell injuring his toe, it might be another inactive week for Mc.
    Thats leaves the team pretty slim at RB though? Bell was just cut, and if Powell is not active, wouldnt that leave just Greene and Mcknight?

Would it be so far fetched to line up Tebow for some snaps running the ball? Maybe not with those riblets.

Thats leaves the team pretty slim at RB though? Bell was just cut, and if Powell is not active, wouldnt that leave just Greene and Mcknight?

Would it be so far fetched to line up Tebow for some snaps running the ball? Maybe not with those riblets.
    Indeed. Which is what leads me to think Bilal's injury isn't that serious.

And yes, it would be far-fetched to line Tebow up at RB. Scrambling when the game breaks down to a school-yard level of ball and running designed runs are two completely different things.

If Bilal can't go, I'm assuming they'd give Hilliard some carries.

All Pro
    Indeed. Which is what leads me to think Bilal's injury isn't that serious.

And yes, it would be far-fetched to line Tebow up at RB. Scrambling when the game breaks down to a school-yard level of ball and running designed runs are two completely different things.

If Bilal can't go, I'm assuming they'd give Hilliard some carries.
    Regardless of whether TEbow sucks, Rex should have came out and said the wildcat WOULD be enacted this week due to depth at the RB.....instead he said that Tebow would "not be running the wildcat this week". Why show your hand so early?

I think that is a really bad move. WHy not give the illusion of variety on the offensive side of the ball.

Lack of run game is gonna hurt the Sanchinator.

Regardless of whether TEbow sucks, Rex should have came out and said the wildcat WOULD be enacted this week due to depth at the RB.....instead he said that Tebow would "not be running the wildcat this week". Why show your hand so early?

I think that is a really bad move. WHy not give the illusion of variety on the offensive side of the ball.

Lack of run game is gonna hurt the Sanchinator.
    Has nothing to do with whether he sucks or not. Calvin Johnson isn't a RB and that doesn't mean he sucks, lol. It's just not Tim's position is what I'm saying.

And it makes sense to not use the Tebowcat package because, well, it doesn't work. I'd rather have Hilliard, an actual back, get carries here and there than use the uncreative Tebowcat for .5 ypc.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex: Tebow is the No. 2 QB: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Itís been a tough year for Tim Tebow. At least thatís ho... http://es.pn/XhSfBl #nyj

Has nothing to do with whether he sucks or not. Calvin Johnson isn't a RB and that doesn't mean he sucks, lol. It's just not Tim's position is what I'm saying.

And it makes sense to not use the Tebowcat package because, well, it doesn't work. I'd rather have Hilliard, an actual back, get carries here and there than use the uncreative Tebowcat for .5 ypc.
    Remember when we signed Tebow? Tons of folks, our coaches included, were claiming he'd easily step into the role of RB, TE, H-Back, etc... As if a guy who has played QB his entire life can just effortlessly step into these roles in the NFL and succeed. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Remember when we signed Tebow? Tons of folks, our coaches included, were claiming he'd easily step into the role of RB, TE, H-Back, etc... As if a guy who has played QB his entire life can just effortlessly step into these roles in the NFL and succeed. Laughable.
    our coaches know that as well as anyone.

they were just trying to justify our idiot owner's idiotic forced trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Exactly. People need to understand that there's more to being a running back than simply running. It's more complicated than that.

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny
    That may be the most misleading stat of all time. RT ď@RichCimini: Last 4 gms Sanchez has 2nd-highest comp % (65.6) of AFC starters. #JetsĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    our coaches know that as well as anyone.

they were just trying to justify our idiot owner's idiotic forced trade.
    Still doesn't make it right to come out and say this to your fans. I'm still waiting for Sparano to unleash that "revolutionary" offense no one had ever seen in the NFL.