Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 12/13

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Stephen Hill said he doesn't know when he'll be back. Said its a matter of being able to handle the pain. #nyj

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Stephen Hill said he doesn't know when he'll be back. Said its a matter of being able to handle the pain. #nyj
    That's a dumb thing for him to say. If he doesn't play, its simply because he's not tough enough. He may be in excruciating pain, but now we all know that if he really wanted to, he can play.

BRAY-DAWG TAKES A SHOT ON PETE CAROLINE

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Braylon Edwards on Pete Carroll's assessment that his hamstring is a 3-week injury: "I don't think Pete has a M.D." #nyj

Braylon Edwards on "idiots" tweet: "I didnít have to apologize, but I chose to. It was a statement that was made at the heat of the moment"

Braylon Edwards on availability for MNF vs Titans: "I definitely think Iíll have a high probability of a chance of going on Monday night"

BRAY-DAWG TAKES A SHOT ON PETE CAROLINE

Braylon Edwards on Pete Carroll's assessment that his hamstring is a 3-week injury: "I don't think Pete has a M.D." #nyj
    See, this is where guys like Bray bother me. I don't appreciate it when they obfuscate reality.

I doubt "Pete" made the evaluation on Bray's injury. Most likely, it was done by the Seahawks' medical staff and trainers, who then apprised the HC.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That's a dumb thing for him to say. If he doesn't play, its simply because he's not tough enough. He may be in excruciating pain, but now we all know that if he really wanted to, he can play.
    yeah, exactly. doesn't play, it says he can't take the pain. if you're in the NFL, you can't be saying that.

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
    RB Chris Johnson did not practice with ankle injury but should practice Friday #Titans

Jets QB Mark Sanchez's early assessment of WR Braylon Edwards: "I think he's still got it." #nyj

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Braylon Edwards on availability for MNF vs Titans: "I definitely think Iíll have a high probability of a chance of going on Monday night"
    Wow. Just wow.

Wow. Just wow.
    Four words: Bray tweaks hammy tomorrow.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Remember when we signed Tebow? Tons of folks, our coaches included, were claiming he'd easily step into the role of RB, TE, H-Back, etc... As if a guy who has played QB his entire life can just effortlessly step into these roles in the NFL and succeed. Laughable.
    No......what i meant to say was.....

Why tell you opponent who is, who isnt going to play, and what formations wont be used this early in the week?

What ever happened to keeping your opponent on their toes so they are forced to practice for all scenarios....

ie: RGIII will almost certainly not play this weekend, but Shannahan still has him listed as questionable. The theory is he wants to keep the Browns defense open to all options, when in all probability Cousins will be under center for the Skins....

Rex seems to be laying his cards on the table for everyone to see....

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Four words: Bray tweaks hammy tomorrow.
    nah.

he'll rub some beard juice on it and be good as new.

Jets QB Mark Sanchez's early assessment of WR Braylon Edwards: "I think he's still got it." #nyj
    wow, there are so many jokes that can go with this one I wouldn't know where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    No......what i meant to say.....

Why tell you opponent who is, who isnt going to play, and what formations wont be used this early in the week?

What ever happened to keeping your opponent on their toes so they are forced to practice for all scenarios....

ie: RGIII will almost certainly not play this weekend, but Shannahan still has him listed as questionable. The theory is he wants to keep the Browns defense open to all options, when in all probability Cousins will be under center for the Skins....

Difference is that Tim isn't our starter. He's a backup.

In any event, the Tebowcat package is ineffective, so it really doesn't matter if they know we're planning on using it or not.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    For the #Jets, Berry (hamstring), Gates (concussion), Hill (knee), Keller (ankle), Powell (shoulder/toe) and Thomas (chest) didn't practice.

what if Rex is being super duper devious and then goes full Wildcat on the Titans, huh??

did you even think of that?

Remember George Allen? He was the master of telling the media that a QB or other player was hurt and wouldn't play. But on Sunday, miraculously, that player would be out there.

I love that gamesmanship. I never liked that the NFL now makes teams disclose injuries, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    nah.

he'll rub some beard juice on it and be good as new.
    What juice? LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow. Just wow.
    That's like Charles Shackelfords comment on using 2 hands...

I'm amphibious..............

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That's like Charles Shackelfords comment on using 2 hands...

I'm amphibious..............
    I forgot that was Shackleford but I use that all the time - especially about my youngest son...."Spencer throws with his left, he writes with his right. Who knows? Maybe he's amphibious". It confuses the hell out of the unsuspecting rubes.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    what if Rex is being super duper devious and then goes full Wildcat on the Titans, huh??

did you even think of that?

Then, we take the L.

And no, i hadnt thought about the double dupe. That crafty 'stid.