Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pretty good article by Manish Mehta....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Sadly. We won't get to find that out anytime soon. Given his contract he will be back pooping the bed on this team next year. Wake me up in 2014.
    I hear you brother, my only hope is that Rex learned something this year and that he will have Suckchez on a MUCH shorter leash next year and will be willing to bench him much sooner if he starts showing signs of being a turnover machine again...

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I hear you brother, my only hope is that Rex learned something this year and will have Suckchez on a MUCH shorter leash next year and will be willing to bench him much sooner if he starts showing signs next year of being the turnover machine he's been the last 1 & 3/4 seasons...
    It really doesn't matter that we can't get out of his contract... It's not like he has to start while he's here.

If they bring in another guy, let that guy get a legit shot at starting. I would take a shot on Flynn personally. WOuld need to learn the system however.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Gang Green also has ramped up its pass rush since the bye, recording 10 sacks in the last five games after recording 22 in the first eight games.

That line right there doesn't make sense. Through the first 8 games, the Jets were averaging 2.75 sacks per game. Now they are averaging 2 sacks per game. Unless it's a typo.
    Its a typo.

Should be 12 sacks...+ the 10...= 22 sacks for the Jets so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Exaggerate much? First of all, it's not the most inept offense of this year, let alone the most inept offense of all time. Completely inept offenses don't put up 48, 35, 26, and 27 points in various games.

You take a slumping young QB, take AWAY the #1 WR, #1 TE...the #2 WR gets hurt, #2 TE misses stretches of the most recent game .. you're rotating scrap heap talent onto the field .. of course you're going to have an inefficient offense. But again, it's far from INEPT. As has been pointed out, the offensive line and run game have elevated their level of play. It remains to be seen if Braylon can do the same to the passing game.
    AAAHHHH. Semantics. They suck plenty. You get the point.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Arizona: 32nd ranked offense in the NFL
    Jacksonville: 31st ranked offense in the NFL
    St. Louis: 27th ranked offense in the NFL
    This.

I want them to shut down a top offensive team. They haven't all year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The sad truth is that this has more to do with the 'improvement' then the play of our d.

This is the beginning of our awful FO overestimating the talent on this team.
    Again.
    As usual.

Arizona beat the Pats (at home I might add)...

St.Louis tied the 49er's once and beat them the 2nd time around - I'm just sayin'....you know how the saying goes - "On any given Sunday......"
    But the article revolves around the last 4 games and not a one game sample, so Tex's point regarding the quality of opponent is mush more valid than the pats losing by one game to the is string qb and the rams winning one game against the 9ers when they switched to kapernick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    typo.

only 12 sacks in the first 8 games.

it's no mystery why the defense struggles on 3rd down.
    Thank you.

This D is just a pass rusher away from being great.

This O is just 2 WR, a TE, and a QB away from being average.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    But the article revolves around the last 4 games and not a one game sample, so Tex's point regarding the quality of opponent is mush more valid than the pats losing by one game to the is string qb and the rams winning one game against the 9ers when they switched to kapernick.
    That's a weak argument patman, you're better then that....

Bewildered Beast
    They are professionals; they performed above-average level in dominating those offenses. And it's all about the work, right? You should tip your clam rake to the Jets D.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    "Gang Green also has ramped up its pass rush since the bye, recording 10 sacks in the last five games after recording 22 in the first eight games."

That line right there doesn't make sense. Through the first 8 games, the Jets were averaging 2.75 sacks per game. Now they are averaging 2 sacks per game. Unless it's a typo.
    Thank you. I stopped reading right after that retarded statement.

Just as predicted the jets have gone on and will go on a little run late in the year barely beating some of the very worst teams in the league and their record will be 8-8 or even 9-7. This will get some fans and the front office to think they really are a decent team with just a few missing pieces, which they are not.

The Jets are a stones throw from making the playoffs but are miles away from being a true contender. They have several, not one but several gaping holes. People can applaud Rex Ryan for scheming a defense but he is also a horrible evaluator of talent. This team could have a totally dominant defense if he and tanny actually fixed some of the holes on defense when they are apparent, nbot two years after they are apparent.

As for Sanchez, that is on rex as well. He's the friggin head coach, he chooses the Qb and if he sticks it out with such a horrible QB it is on him for not pulling the plug and on him and tanny for not having any viable back up plan for the most important position in all of football.

You put a legit QB on the field with this exact same offense and they would play significantly better all the way around - no doubt in my mind about that.....

That being said, Sparano has been a big disappointment as an offensive coordinator, I expected alot more from him. But again, he could be at least somewhat limited, because of the QB he has to work with....and yes, Suckchez really has been that bad these last 2 years...
    What has Clyde Gates, Stephan Hill, And Chaz shillens done in the nfl to make you think that its not them but the quarterback. Please.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    This.

This raises a great point. How many points did we give up in New England? How did we do against Pitt? Remember, cro handed them a td....we also fumbled a punt....NE scored 49 on us on thanksgiving but 21 were handed to them and that 85 yard td was a bad break....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

This is why winning is going to bite us in the ass. I don't care about #'s. I don't care about injuries. This team sucks on offense, defense and special teams. The defense can not stop high flying offense, we don't generate any pressure on 3rd down w/o a blitz and most teams pick our blitz. We have the worst set of LB's in the NFL.

Veteran
    Once again, agree.
    I get so frustrated at the complete lack of common sense, this deffense has faild against every top shelf team and played only well against the bottom dwellers. this is not a team that is competitive, please let's stop fooling ourselves into beleiving we are good because we barely, again, Barely beat a few bottom feeders.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    What has Clyde Gates, Stephan Hill, And Chaz shillens done in the nfl to make you think that its not them but the quarterback. Please.!!!!
    Because it's not Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill & Chaz Schillens that keeps throwing the ball to the other team.

It's also not the WR's that fumble the ball away to the other team everytime someone touches him, that's nobody else but our QB, Mark Suckchez.

Nice 3rd post by the way....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 12-13-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This.

Your wrong. The Colts are ranked 7th in the NFL in total offense. We gave up exactly 9 points to them as I recall.....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

All League
    Your wrong. The Colts are ranked 7th in the NFL in total offense. We gave up exactly 9 points to them as I recall.....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go
    They are ranked in the top half just like we are. Come on dude. Get real

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They are ranked in the top half just like we are. Come on dude. Get real
    Click the link slick, I assume you know how to do that - the Colts are ranked 7th in total offense - we are nowhere near that.....actually after I just looked, we are ranked 30th in total offense.

The Colts are also 9-4 by the way.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 12-13-2012 at 07:05 PM.