Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 116

Thread: TNF Bengals - Eagles

  1. #1

    TNF Bengals - Eagles

    so let me get this straight. if Philly beats the Bengals tonite, do we control our own destiny from there on out?!

  2. #2
    Not to my knowledge. With Indy at 9 at wins and looking up, we have 3 teams fighting for the last wildcard: Pitt, NYJ, and Cincy.

    We need both of them to lose as much as they can, and we have to win out.

  3. #3
    No i wish.We need pitt to lose 2 of their 3 games,cinci to lose 1 of their next 3 or indy to lose all 3 of their games.pitt best shot to lose is their next 2 games with having the browns at home on the last day of the season.

  4. #4
    Its possible the jets can control their own destiny going into week 17 though.But thats the earliest.If pitt and cincy both lose this week and jets win next 2 then the jets basically go into week 17 with that game meaning something but not controlling their own destiny.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Its possible the jets can control their own destiny going into week 17 though.But thats the earliest.If pitt and cincy both lose this week and jets win next 2 then the jets basically go into week 17 with that game meaning something but not controlling their own destiny.
    Indeed. It would be like last year where we needed to win at Miami and needed Houston to beat Tennessee in order to make the playoffs. Neither happened.

  6. #6
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...e-the-playoffs

    First and foremost, we need to win out.
    But to my understanding if we are in a tie-breaking situation with either the Colts or Bengals, we're in because of a better conference record.
    If we are in a tie breaking situation with Pitt or Balt, we're out because we have lost the head-to-head with Pitt and Balt has a better conference record.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,488
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Indeed. It would be like last year where we needed to win at Miami and needed Houston to beat Tennessee in order to make the playoffs. Neither happened.
    In fact MIAMI manhandled us....

  8. #8
    The Bengals MUST lose 1 more game.

    The Steelers MUST lose 2 more games.

    The Jets MUST win-out..

    If one of the top two things doesn't happen, then the Colts must lose-out (with Texans twice that may happen).

    Now: the Bengals MUST lose tonight bc they face the Steelers next week (Pitt wont lose vs the browns) -- if the steelers beat cinci next week, then steelers most likely make playoffs.

    Steelers must lose to Cowboys on Sunday


    The Jets really do have a legit chance at this..

  9. #9
    Honestly now I think Pitt MUST lose-out bc a tiebreaker with them kicks us out.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    The Bengals MUST lose 1 more game.

    The Steelers MUST lose 2 more games.

    The Jets MUST win-out..

    If one of the top two things doesn't happen, then the Colts must lose-out (with Texans twice that may happen).

    Now: the Bengals MUST lose tonight bc they face the Steelers next week (Pitt wont lose vs the browns) -- if the steelers beat cinci next week, then steelers most likely make playoffs.

    Steelers must lose to Cowboys on Sunday


    The Jets really do have a legit chance at this..

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Indeed. It would be like last year where we needed to win at Miami and needed Houston to beat Tennessee in order to make the playoffs. Neither happened.
    Oh I remember that scenario. Houston went for the 2 pt conversion on the final play and didn't get it. They lose to Tennessee 23-22. Can you imagine if the Jets won vs. Miami and then that happened?

    oh yeah, go Iggles!!!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Honestly now I think Pitt MUST lose-out bc a tiebreaker with them kicks us out.
    You're overthinking this. The STeelers have 7 wins and winning 1 game only gets them to 8. So no, the Steelers do not need to lose out.

  13. #13
    Jets just need to concentrate on winning each game now, one week at a time. None of the scenarios mean anything if they don't do that.

  14. #14
    I think the Bengals could technically still win a tiebreaker against us at 9-7 if they lose tonight then win their final 2 games. This would be an NFC loss tonight, not the same as an AFC loss.

    Also consider that the Ravens are getting very close to locking the 4 seed and may have absolutely nothing to play for in week 17 against Cincy.

    Key game is Steelers-Cowboys. If the Steelers win that, we're borderline eliminated no matter what we do (when you consider who we need to lose and their remaining opponents)

  15. #15
    looking at the Yahoo playoff scenario generator, tonight's game doesn't seem as important as Cincy's last 2 games because this is a non-conference game.

    we need Dallas to win this week, and Cincy to win next week and Baltimore to beat Cincy in week 17. Then we'd control our own destiny.
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 12-13-2012 at 01:15 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    looking at the Yahoo playoff scenario generator, tonight's game doesn't seem as important as Cincy's last 2 games because this is a non-conference game.

    we need Dallas to win this week, and Cincy to win next week and Baltimore to beat Cincy in week 17. Then we'd control our own destiny.
    Yeah, i THINK tonight's game is pretty meaningless because we will ultimately need the Bengals to lose to the Ravens.

    Would like to know for sure before watching tonights game.

  17. #17
    What are you folks smoking anyway?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yeah, i THINK tonight's game is pretty meaningless because we will ultimately need the Bengals to lose to the Ravens.

    Would like to know for sure before watching tonights game.
    Tonight's game is basically meaningless to the Jets.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

    Game to watch is Pitt Dallas. If Pitt wins they would only need a split against Bengals and Browns to knock Jets out.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Tonight's game is basically meaningless to the Jets.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

    Game to watch is Pitt Dallas. If Pitt wins they would only need a split against Bengals and Browns to knock Jets out.
    Yeah, I keep saying, if Steelers win, we're basically out unless you can buy the idea of either the Steelers dropping back to back home games to the Bengals and Browns, or the Colts losing to the Chiefs (plus dropping both to Houston)

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Woods in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yeah, I keep saying, if Steelers win, we're basically out unless you can buy the idea of either the Steelers dropping back to back home games to the Bengals and Browns, or the Colts losing to the Chiefs (plus dropping both to Houston)
    It really sucks having to put your trust in Tony Romo

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us