Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TNF Bengals - Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    No its not. The only way this game means anything to the Jets is if the Steelers and Bengals wind up tying next week.

The game is essentially meaningless. If Bengals beat Ravens last week of season Jets are out regardless of the results of the three games you listed in your scenario.
    100% CORRECT!

My friends keep telling me im crazy when I say tonights game means nothing. The Bengals at 9-7 , with a loss being to Philly, would beat us on the tiebreaker. The Dallas-Pitts game means everything.

In a weird way, Cincy winning may be the better result. If they beat Philly and Pitts and Balt loses to Denver and Giants (not a massive stretch) then Baltimore is an a must win scenario for the Division in that last week, where we need them to beat Cincy.

is it me, or is this thread getting confusing as a muh'fka?

oh, by the way, the jets can get into the playoffs by finishing 8-8.

All they need is for the Steelers and Bengals to tie and then have each team lose their other two games so they both finish 7-8-1.

BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yep. It's Sanchez. Our D is shutting down Arizona, St. Louis and Jacksonville. Awesome! And when we go up against New England, throttled. Denver would do the same and their defense probably wouldn't even allow us 7. I'd rather be 7-9 with some pride than 9-7 with a 34-0 romping in January.
    I'd rather be 7-9 with a QB of the future than 9-7 and the front office and coach telling me the scrub we have playing the position gives us the "best chance to win games."

According to Jake Steinberg, it would actually be more beneficial to us if Cincy won tonight.

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    I apologize. I was wrong this morning. The Bengals losing tonight actually doesn't help the #Jets as previously thought. Let me explain.

1. Philly didn't play us, but they did play Cincy & Pitt so them losing would HELP us in terms of SoS, which is what it could come down to.

2. If Cincy loses but gets to 9-7, they're better off from a conference tie-breaker perspective bc it means they'll have won both AFC games

3. If Cincy loses, it makes it more likely they'll end up 8-8 which could mean we end up tied with JUST Pitt - who have head to head over us

The good news is that no matter what happens tonight/this Sunday, the #Jets will not be mathematically eliminated when we kickoff on Monday.

The result of today's game will influence which way we need to root going forwards.

A CIN loss means they need to beat PIT..but if they play badly enough to lose to PHI, then is that what we wna see leading up to that game?

Oops, didn't know we had a GT already.

All League
    WHO THE HECK AM I ROOTING FOR TONIGHT!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    WHO THE HECK AM I ROOTING FOR TONIGHT!!!???
    Failadelphia Eaglols. We need Cincy to lose as much as they can.

Hall Of Fame
    Can I root for a tie? Hate the idea of Philly winning.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Failadelphia Eaglols. We need Cincy to lose as much as they can.
    Yes and we need them to beat the steelers next week. So hopefully they get their asses handed to them and they are pissed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Yes and we need them to beat the steelers next week. So hopefully they get their asses handed to them and they are pissed
    Foles gon' whip dey orange ass!

Andy Reid gonna coach em up tonight. Yes, the Bengals have playoff hopes on the line so they will come after it. BUT, the Iggs have dudes with jobs on the line. Don't perform, you don't get paid next year. Players, coaches, everyone. Now THAT is some incentive to play hard.

and I think PHI will go all out for Reid, who has taken waaaaay too much heat for all the shiite that has gone down this yr

I think that means take the Eagles -5 or whatever it is

Something about Eagles fans just seems so......off

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    The Bengals MUST lose 1 more game.

The Steelers MUST lose 2 more games.

The Jets MUST win-out..

If one of the top two things doesn't happen, then the Colts must lose-out (with Texans twice that may happen).

Now: the Bengals MUST lose tonight bc they face the Steelers next week (Pitt wont lose vs the browns) -- if the steelers beat cinci next week, then steelers most likely make playoffs.

Steelers must lose to Cowboys on Sunday

The Jets really do have a legit chance at this..
    terrible use of Bold, one of the worst i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'd rather be 7-9 with a QB of the future than 9-7 and the front office and coach telling me the scrub we have playing the position gives us the "best chance to win games."
    So the Eagles have a QB of the future?

Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    No its not. The only way this game means anything to the Jets is if the Steelers and Bengals wind up tying next week.

The game is essentially meaningless. If Bengals beat Ravens last week of season Jets are out regardless of the results of the three games you listed in your scenario.
    Huh? How is that possible? If Bengals lose tonight and lose next week to Steelers they will sit at 8-8 (at best). If the Steelers lose this week, beat the Bengals and lose their final game against the Browns they finish 8-8.

Explain to me how a 9-7 Jets don't finish in 6th place and in the playoffs in that scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Who knows. Guy has has maybe 5 starts in his first year? If Philly goes into the 2013 season with him as the starter, we'll get a better idea of what he is.

We, on the other hand, know exactly what we have with Sanchez and it's fumbles off the ass and INTs raining down everywhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not.

Its not like he has had a 60 game audition like some people.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Maybe, maybe not.

Its not like he has had a 60 game audition like some people.
    Gottem.

let's all just agree on this: regardless of what it means in the whole grand playoff scheme, let's hope the Bengals lose. Cause last I checked, teams with the most losses, don't make the postseason

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    let's all just agree on this: regardless of what it means in the whole grand playoff scheme, let's hope the Bengals lose. Cause last I checked, teams with the most losses, don't make the postseason
    Indeed.

I really hate not controlling our own destiny.