Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TNF Bengals - Eagles

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the deal: if the Bengals lose tonight and win their final 2 games against Pitt and Baltimore and they finish 9-7 and the Jets win out and finish 9-7 then the Bengals hold the tie breaker over Jets based on Strength of Victory! If the Bengals win tonight but lose to either Steelers or Baltimore then we hold tie breaker over them. But we need the Bengals to beat the Steelers so in reality tonight's game doesn't mean a thing. We r gonna need the Bengals to most likely lose to Ravens on final week. This all also assumes that Pitt loses 2 more games. A lot of ifs. Jets just need to win out and hope things fall into place. They might and they might not. I give Jets a 33 percent playoff chance if they win out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Here's the deal: if the Bengals lose tonight and win their final 2 games against Pitt and Baltimore and they finish 9-7 and the Jets win out and finish 9-7 then the Bengals hold the tie breaker over Jets based on Strength of Victory! If the Bengals win tonight but lose to either Steelers or Baltimore then we hold tie breaker over them. But we need the Bengals to beat the Steelers so in reality tonight's game doesn't mean a thing. We r gonna need the Bengals to most likely lose to Ravens on final week. This all also assumes that Pitt loses 2 more games. A lot of ifs. Jets just need to win out and hope things fall into place. They might and they might not. I give Jets a 33 percent playoff chance if they win out.
    I canít root for any team with a better record than us even though the playoff predictors say i should.
    In the end, Cincy is a one trick poney A.K.A, A.J. Green.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So here's the crux of the whole Jets\Sanchez suck negativity these last few weeks:

The Jets don't suck anywhere near what a lot of other teams do. The problem is that they are always on the edge... building our hopes and expectations, and then stomping on our hearts like an ex-wife.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wow, that was jet-esque.
    It was standard Bungles

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man what a dog of a game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one Dunlap...👍

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    burfict we could have had him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    😝down goes Dalton!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I hate not controlling our own destiny. We have to count on fail ass mother****ers like the Iggles to not **** things up for us.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    not looking good

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What in the **** is up with Green & White teams?

The way that Bryce guy holds onto the ball reminds me of the way Joe does it, in a way. Just holding that **** out there for anyone to knock it out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you need 4-9 teams and 2-11 teams (KC) to beat the good teams you're competing with for the playoffs, what do you think is going to happen? Those teams have those records for a reason...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. This is Thanksgiving Day all over again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bengals may miss the playoffs, but they are a promising team. Good, young QB, dynamic WR, and a solid D. I could see their fans being very optimistic about the future moreso than Jet fans right now (unfortunately)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Bengals may miss the playoffs, but they are a promising team. Good, young QB, dynamic WR, and a solid D. I could see their fans being very optimistic about the future moreso than Jet fans right now (unfortunately)
    And boat loads of cap room

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bengals handled Dalton similar to how the Falcons handled Ryan. Gave them both great WRs and from day 1 said "you're the center of our offense and we're gonna pass the ball a lot." You're gonna be the reason the teams wins or loses from day 1. Some growing pains, but you can see how it is an effective way to handle a young QB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    tonight's game didn't mean much for us thankfully.

Basically Jets gotta win out and hope Dallas wins this week, Cincy wins next week, and Baltimore wins in week 17.

Things get much easier if the Colts lose their last 3 games (2 games vs. Houston and 1 @ KC)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    His accuracy gets really streaky and he loses his mechanics frequently through out the game. If I were a fan of the Bengals that's what concerns me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    His accuracy gets really streaky and he loses his mechanics frequently through out the game. If I were a fan of the Bengals that's what concerns me
    yeah, he plays better than the sum of his parts, his arm is not "strong" his mechanics are sloppy, but he manages to make himself a pretty good qb.