Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the people who say Rex and Tanny suck at drafting

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    And PatsJagTX is a TROLL-
    Its like he doesnt even try to cover up his Jet Bashing with intelligent posts anymore. He fears not the elusive moderators.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    I'm not on drugs. As a matter of fact I'm starting to think you are all on some kind of drug. Is there a drug out there that makes you a pessimistic *******?
    The majority of the players in your list are mediocre at best. These are not elite players. Take a look at what New England does. Thats what I want our GM doing!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The majority of the players in your list are mediocre at best. These are not elite players. Take a look at what New England does. Thats what I want our GM doing!!!
    Look at the GIANTS starting team...they are almost all 1st to 5th round picks, HOME GROWN going back years.

Great Drafts for many years has built a solid team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Overall he has done an average job at drafting. Fact is limiting the # of picks we have every year doesn't help. Teams are built in the 2-5th rounds. You can't live of off 2-4 real draft picks every year. Last year we took 8 picks 5 of which where 6-7th rounders. Those guys don't normally make the team.
    3 problems with tanny's recent drafts

1) reduced number of picks
    2) gholston and wilson as busts
    3) sanchez not developing as well as other young qbs

these issues overshadow the good picks. sure he's hit on kerley, mo and others. but so have other teams. and we're more apt to remember the failures, especially in the first round, especially at qb. ironically, it's a qb like mcelroy who could actually help salvage tanny's reputation, if the guy came in and looked pretty good.

Veteran
    You have to be kidding me, this is what we get, a bunch of names and because it says "Starter", we are supposed to beleive Tanny has done well!!!!

If you have a bar full of chicks and they range in the catigory of 6 and 7's, well the 7's are going to win the wet t-shirt contest correct? Well let me tell ya, the bar accross the streat just had the same wet t-shirt contest and their bar was full of 8-9's, what bar do you think I am going to.

This my friend is the Jets, a team full of 6's and 7's with a few 8's, and one or two 9's, if you draft more 7's with one or two 8's, they will start. the whole problem is that the better teams in the NFL have 7, 8, 9, with a few 10's dropped in, and the same catogorized players we draft sit on the bench for better teams.

sorry, only way I could explain it.

Tanny is a head case, he does not know how to seporate business from personal, he wants to be the big guy without makign the big move. BE should never had been released, Manning should have been signed.

let's stop fooling ourselves, we are a "B-" rated team at best, we have no chance of kicking NE out of the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    You have to be kidding me, this is what we get, a bunch of names and because it says "Starter", we are supposed to beleive Tanny has done well!!!!

If you have a bar full of chicks and they range in the catigory of 6 and 7's, well the 7's are going to win the wet t-shirt contest correct? Well let me tell ya, the bar accross the streat just had the same wet t-shirt contest and their bar was full of 8-9's, what bar do you think I am going to.

This my friend is the Jets, a team full of 6's and 7's with a few 8's, and one or two 9's, if you draft more 7's with one or two 8's, they will start. the whole problem is that the better teams in the NFL have 7, 8, 9, with a few 10's dropped in, and the same catogorized players we draft sit on the bench for better teams.

sorry, only way I could explain it.

Tanny is a head case, he does not know how to seporate business from personal, he wants to be the big guy without makign the big move. BE should never had been released, Manning should have been signed.

let's stop fooling ourselves, we are a "B-" rated team at best, we have no chance of kicking NE out of the playoffs this year.
    That's what they said about us in 09 and 10 too.

Anybody can be beat.

This is what happens when coaches and GMs try to protect their draft record. They keep and start players who aren't that good, simply because they drafted them. The Jets have let good players go ( example Woodhead) in order to protect players that they drafted (example McKnight).

Just because a draft choice is starting, doesn't make him a good player. Once a player walks through the door, a guy like Belichick doesn't care where he was drafted, or how he got there. That's why so many undrafted free agents make the Pats.

That's also why some question Belichick's drafting ability. He is quick to cut his losses if a guy can't play. Many/most coaches and GMs would stick with high draft choices like Chad Jackson, Terrance Wheatley, and Darius Butler, and force them into starting roles whether they can play or not. When Belichick sees a player not developing, and has a better alternative, he moves quickly to the next guy. Do you think that Tannendink would have cut HIS second rounders that quickly even if they couldn't play?

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    3 problems with tanny's recent drafts

1) reduced number of picks
    2) gholston and wilson as busts
    3) sanchez not developing as well as other young qbs

these issues overshadow the good picks. sure he's hit on kerley, mo and others. but so have other teams. and we're more apt to remember the failures, especially in the first round, especially at qb. ironically, it's a qb like mcelroy who could actually help salvage tanny's reputation, if the guy came in and looked pretty good.
    Wilson is not a bust just not a great player. He is an average starter but still young.

I just have to ask: In what world are you living?

Mark Sanchez - starting QB
    Shonn Greene - starting RB
    Matt Slauson - starting LG

Kyle Wilson - starting CB
    Vlad Ducasse - backup LG (okay, he does suck)
    Joe McKnight - starting KR
    John Conner - gone
    Santonio Holmes - starting WR. Traded a 5th rounder this year for him

Mo Wilkerson - starting DE
    Antonio Cromartie - starting CB. Traded a 2nd rounder this year for him
    Kenrick Ellis - backup DT
    Bilal Powell - starting RB
    Jeremy Kerley - starting WR
    Greg McElroy - Won a game for us. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be making a run for the playoffs
    Scotty McKnight - gone

Quinton Coples - starting/backup DE. Hard to tell really. He gets a lot of reps.
    Stephen Hill - starting WR
    Demario Davis - starting MLB
    Josh Bush - backup S
    Terrence Ganaway - gone
    Robert Griffin - gone
    Antonio Allen - backup S
    Jordan White - backup WR

So... I just have to say: What the **** are you people thinking?

Look it over. They have drafted studs every year. Even including this most recent draft, we have people starting on our team from every single draft in the past 4 years. What else could you ask for?

Out of 23 draft picks, 19 of them are still on our team in contributing roles. 13 of them are starting or are getting lots of reps. 2009, 2011, and 2012 have all been stellar drafts that got us multiple good starters. Look at the 2011 draft and then tell me Tanny doesn't know what he's doing. Wilkerson, Cro, Ellis, Powell, Kerley.

Clearly, you are wrong. What do you have to say for yourselves?
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So its a good draft because they are getting alot of reps???????? Thats Hilarious!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Wilson is not a bust just not a great player. He is an average starter but still young.
    not sure wilson is even an average starting cb. factor in his 1st round status and i think you'd be hard-pressed to find people who are pleased with his development, or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its like he doesnt even try to cover up his Jet Bashing with intelligent posts anymore. He fears not the elusive moderators.
    Indeed. He and that other scrub are admitted trolls and they still don't get dealt with.

Best staff ever, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That's what they said about us in 09 and 10 too.

Anybody can be beat.
    The Jets are not very talented. There were several positions with big holes last off season and Tanny failed to do it. He was so wrapped up with Manning /Tebow he didnt bother trying to upgrade anything else till it was too late in free agency to get any quality players.

The Jets dont have playoff type talent. Sanchez doesnt have the weapons he had in 09-10. Our running game has dropped since LT retired.

You say the Jets are on a playoff run? The Jets playoff hopes are on life support!! thats not a playoff run.

We have good players, we just need to have them playing to their potential.
    Having a quarterback that can consistently complete 60% of his passes and not turn the ball over 1.5 times per game would probably help.

Look it over. They have drafted studs every year. Even including this most recent draft, we have people starting on our team from every single draft in the past 4 years. What else could you ask for?

Out of 23 draft picks, 19 of them are still on our team in contributing roles. 13 of them are starting or are getting lots of reps. 2009, 2011, and 2012 have all been stellar drafts that got us multiple good starters. Look at the 2011 draft and then tell me Tanny doesn't know what he's doing. Wilkerson, Cro, Ellis, Powell, Kerley.

With such talented young players in the fold why are the Jets coming off an 8-8 season, currently, 6-7, and unable to beat a team (any) team with a winning record? Is it your position that Rex is a terrible coach?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BluVayner View Post

Just because a draft choice is starting, doesn't make him a good player. Once a player walks through the door, a guy like Belichick doesn't care where he was drafted, or how he got there. That's why so many undrafted free agents make the Pats.

Pats best CB the last few weeks has been their 7th round draft pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Mo is playing at a pro bowl level right now... Who cares when he actually makes it in.
    I care. His future contract demands will be lower if he does not have pro bowl appearances.

Cromartie and Wilkerson are the only Studs they brought in. Everyone else is a bottom half of the league guy.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    not sure wilson is even an average starting cb. factor in his 1st round status and i think you'd be hard-pressed to find people who are pleased with his development, or lack thereof.
    Where as I would like to see him get his hands up more he was taken along with McCourty and Patrick Robinson who are not much better if at all. Wilson was a project pick out of BS with a high up side. He is still only 25 and has potential to be better then average. McCourty was getting killed last year and Robinson struggles all the time. Neither have Wilsons potential still. Yeah he is no Kareem Jackson but that is why Kareem when higher. People where super high on Wilson in that draft but he was a very raw player. He didn't start because we had 2 great CBs and coming in and out you dont get that rhythm. He is progressing OK he was a late late 1st rounder. Poor development OK but still a viable player in this league.

Veteran
    So... I just have to say: What the **** are you people thinking?

Your analysis may hold a little truth that they have starters from the draft in various positions, but that is all your analysis is accurate about. Who in those 4 drafts or trades (Holmes) would you say has reached the pro bowl or another team would trade a 1st round pick for outside of Mo Will and it's too early to say that about him.