Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the people who say Rex and Tanny suck at drafting

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    actually if u count cromartie as a draft pick...he is way above average and wilkerson is above average...besides those 2....that bunch of poo really makes me want to see tanny gone.

nybaseballs said it best....just beacuase they start doesnt mean they are good.
    You cannot count Cromartie as a draft pick. In the one year rental yes, we rented a player for a pick but he subsequently became a UFA and all 32 teams had a crack at him on that market. In fact all of them passed a couple of times until we picked him up after we failed to land Aso and so his presence on the team has ZERO to do with the draft.

Same thing with Holmes. The pick was for the rental.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    I just have to ask: In what world are you living in?

Mark Sanchez - starting QB SUCKS
    Shonn Greene - starting RB BUM
    Matt Slauson - starting LG NOT A STUD

Kyle Wilson - starting CB BUST
    Vlad Ducasse - backup LG (okay, he does suck)
    Joe McKnight - starting KR AVERAGE AT BEST
    John Conner - gone
    Santonio Holmes - starting WR. Traded a 5th rounder this year for him

Mo Wilkerson - starting DE STUD
    Antonio Cromartie - starting CB. Traded a 2nd rounder this year for him
    Kenrick Ellis - backup DT NOT IMPRESSED
    Bilal Powell - starting RB STUD
    Jeremy Kerley - starting WR AVERAGE AT BEST
    Greg McElroy - Won a game for us. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be making a run for the playoffs (LMAO!!!! WE ARE ON LIFE SUPPORT, NOT MAKING ANY RUNS)
    Scotty McKnight - gone

Quinton Coples - starting/backup DE. Hard to tell really. He gets a lot of reps.
    Stephen Hill - starting WR RAW NEEDS A LOT OF WORK
    Demario Davis - starting MLB RAW, NEEDS A LOT OF WORK
    Josh Bush - backup S
    Terrence Ganaway - gone
    Robert Griffin - gone
    Antonio Allen - backup S
    Jordan White - backup WR

So... I just have to say: What the **** are you people thinking?
    You should not be smoking crack

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    OK, I'll give you that.

Wilk is a JAG+
    I think Wilkerson is better than "JAG+" already and still has upside. Davis and Ellis also have potential.

Hill will either be boom or bust. No real way to tell at this point. I hope for boom but I am prepared for bust.

Everyone else is pretty much a JAG.

OP is clearly shilling for Mike T. Brother in Law perhaps or 2nd cousin?

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Just because they are listed as "starters" or "on the team", doesnt make them good....of course some of them are very good.
    Exactly. Victor Hobson was drafted and started for us for years. Upon his release in the prime of his career without any injury not one other team in the league took him. NE gave a sniff but cut him before the regular season. Now in his last season with us you could easily say he was a successful pick because he started for us, but the fact is he was the worst OLB in the league. He was terrible. He had no business being on an NFL team, much less starting for one.

Whatever. When the Jets are deep into the playoffs and all you guys are talking about how great these guys are, I'll be over here saying "I told ya so!"

Fact of the matter is, if the team isn't playing well, you're gonna think these guys are crappy, and if the team is playing well, you're gonna think they're awesome.

What did you all have to say about Sanchez and Greene after we destroyed NE in their own house in the playoffs? Bet you thought they were awesome.

See, you all are bipolar. It's either they suck or they're all Pro Bowlers. Give it a rest. We have good players, we just need to have them playing to their potential.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    You should not be smoking crack
    LMAO!

The Kool-Aid is strooooooooooooooong with this one.

Drugs are bad... maybe the initial poster did not have the DARE program in his junior high

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Drugs are bad... maybe the initial poster did not have the DARE program in his junior high
    Dumb As Rocks, Eh?

I'm not on drugs. As a matter of fact I'm starting to think you are all on some kind of drug. Is there a drug out there that makes you a pessimistic *******?

Banned

What did you all have to say about Sanchez and Greene after we destroyed NE in their own house in the playoffs?
    That was 2 years ago and a totally different team.

The Jets have totally regressed since that time and are a sub .500 team since that game.

Poor drafts are one of the reasons why.

Y'all are SOJFs.

Greene and Powell split carries right down the middle last week. We are running a two headed monster and both of them have been playing well lately.

I just don't understand why you guys all hate so much. You all say that we need to learn how to build our own talent through the draft instead of picking up free agents. Well look, that's exactly what we do.
    I actually agree about the drafting, it is no where near as bad as people think.

We have patstx on here, stroking chandler jones, yet there is coples, a "JAG" with the same number of tackles 3 sacks, all while playing an entirely different position.

Wilkerson will make the pro-bowl this year and anyone who is calling him a JAG just doesnt watch him play.

Kerley is having an excellent season for a 5th round pick, who happens to be playing with the WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE. What do you think his stats would be if he had a halfway decent QB.

Powell is having a fine year as a 2nd year player, although nothing to special.

Shonne greene will have 2 1000 seasons after this year, he isnt Apete, but isnt a bust either.

Slauson is an avg stater found in the 7th.

Every pick cant be adrian peterson or aldon smith.
    Not every pick

Undrafted Free Agent
    I just have to ask: In what world are you living?

Mark Sanchez - starting QB
    Shonn Greene - starting RB
    Matt Slauson - starting LG

Kyle Wilson - starting CB
    Vlad Ducasse - backup LG (okay, he does suck)
    Joe McKnight - starting KR
    John Conner - gone
    Santonio Holmes - starting WR. Traded a 5th rounder this year for him

Mo Wilkerson - starting DE
    Antonio Cromartie - starting CB. Traded a 2nd rounder this year for him
    Kenrick Ellis - backup DT
    Bilal Powell - starting RB
    Jeremy Kerley - starting WR
    Greg McElroy - Won a game for us. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be making a run for the playoffs
    Scotty McKnight - gone

Quinton Coples - starting/backup DE. Hard to tell really. He gets a lot of reps.
    Stephen Hill - starting WR
    Demario Davis - starting MLB
    Josh Bush - backup S
    Terrence Ganaway - gone
    Robert Griffin - gone
    Antonio Allen - backup S
    Jordan White - backup WR

So... I just have to say: What the **** are you people thinking?

Look it over. They have drafted studs every year. Even including this most recent draft, we have people starting on our team from every single draft in the past 4 years. What else could you ask for?

Out of 23 draft picks, 19 of them are still on our team in contributing roles. 13 of them are starting or are getting lots of reps. 2009, 2011, and 2012 have all been stellar drafts that got us multiple good starters. Look at the 2011 draft and then tell me Tanny doesn't know what he's doing. Wilkerson, Cro, Ellis, Powell, Kerley.

Clearly, you are wrong. What do you have to say for yourselves?
    Okay Mike, whatever, Im sure you will get another job

Tanny doesn't "suck at drafting" but I do think its time to give someone else personnel responsibilities and plan for long-term.

Tanny did an adequate job of stocking us up for the 2009/2010 playoff runs, but now the roster's older, that window of oppt'y has closed and we need someone new to find us a QB and also build the organization's long term drafting/acquisition strategy which it does not seem like we currently possess.

What this Jets team needs more than anything, is a top-down philosophy/mission statement from the GM that can help guide decisions in good times and in bad.

Sounds cheesy, and most people roll their eyes--but having a philosophy and using that to guide your actions when sh*t hits the fan is what all of the great GMs (and coaches) do.

All League
    This doesn't necessarily apply to the Jets but the fact that a majority of recent draft picks start for a team either means the players are really good or are slightly better than their underperforming predessesor. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    The Slausen and Kerly Picks are both good picks, for where they were drafted at. A starter found in the 6th or 7th round is great value. The thing is, there are no impact players in those drafts. Maybe big Mo becomes a pro-bowler, he is definately improving. But the rest are just guys.
    Mo is playing at a pro bowl level right now... Who cares when he actually makes it in.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    This doesn't necessarily apply to the Jets but the fact that a majority of recent draft picks start for a team either means the players are really good or are slightly better than their underperforming predessesor. There is a difference.
    Bro, you just pissed in his Kool-Aid.

Overall he has done an average job at drafting. Fact is limiting the # of picks we have every year doesn't help. Teams are built in the 2-5th rounds. You can't live of off 2-4 real draft picks every year. Last year we took 8 picks 5 of which where 6-7th rounders. Those guys don't normally make the team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    OK, I'll give you that.

Wilk is a JAG+
    And PatsJagTX is a TROLL-