Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton to the angels

Hamilton to the angels

thats some line-up...

could open up the market for Dickey, the rangers have to make a move at this point...

Jets Insider VIP
    Trout - Pujols - Hamilton

YIKES.

Somewhere, Swisher and his agent are doing backflips...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wow!! Stacked!

Trout
    Aybar
    Hamilton
    Pujols
    Morales
    Trumbo
    Kendrick
    Iannetta
    Callaspo

Stacked lineup indeed.

They lost Haren and Santana, but they got entering-his-prime Tommy Hanson and innings-eater jelly bean blanton. Plus some really good bullpen help in Sean Burnett and Ryan Madson, assuming he comes back healthy.

But they are built to win in the next 3 years. After that all those big contracts -- Weaver, Pujols, Wilson, Wells and now Hamilton -- will be 33, 36, 35, 36 and 35, respectively. Wells has two years left (could be gone with a buyout maybe). But that is looking pretty Yankee-like.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Stacked lineup indeed.

They lost Haren and Santana, but they got entering-his-prime Tommy Hanson and innings-eater jelly bean blanton. Plus some really good bullpen help in Sean Burnett and Ryan Madson, assuming he comes back healthy.

But they are built to win in the next 3 years. After that all those big contracts -- Weaver, Pujols, Wilson, Wells and now Hamilton -- will be 33, 36, 35, 36 and 35, respectively. Wells has two years left (could be gone with a buyout maybe). But that is looking pretty Yankee-like.
    Tommy Hanson is past his best year already. His velocity has been in rapid decline and he regressed in just about every pitching metric there is for consecutive seasons.

All League
    It's almost unfair. Pittsburgh doesn't stand a chance in MLB

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Tommy Hanson is past his best year already. His velocity has been in rapid decline and he regressed in just about every pitching metric there is for consecutive seasons.
    Agree with this... If he's a SP in baseball when he's 30 I'll eat my hat...

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    It's almost unfair. Pittsburgh doesn't stand a chance in MLB
    lol your tune has certainly changed...

anyways, everyone has a chance, it just takes a REALLY REALLY good FO to win with limited funds.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    lol your tune has certainly changed...

anyways, everyone has a chance, it just takes a REALLY REALLY good FO to win with limited funds.
    It has changed. I was talking **** in early August lol.

I agree with the FO..... Unfortunately that something the pirates lack mightily in.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Wow!! Stacked!

Trout
    Aybar
    Hamilton
    Pujols
    Morales
    Trumbo
    Kendrick
    Iannetta
    Callaspo
    Both LA teams are well stacked. Kemp and Gonzo may actually be the 2 best players in the game. Handley, Crawford, Either, and Ellis are all pretty good too. Kershaw and Greinke and a solid pen. These two teams can put up 30 run on a good day each.

Just crazy how both LA teams are spending. Hamilton is a great player but no way would I ever give him 5 years - that's asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    thats some line-up...

could open up the market for Dickey, the rangers have to make a move at this point...
    I don't understand how the Mets are always in such a hurry to get rid of all their good players. First Reyes last year. This year most Mets fans cry bloody murder about Wright getting a contract. Now they can't wait to get Dickey out of town for some unproven prospects.

Maybe Prokhorov can throw some of that Russian gangster money into the Mets and make them a competitive team again?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't understand how the Mets are always in such a hurry to get rid of all their good players. First Reyes last year. This year most Mets fans cry bloody murder about Wright getting a contract. Now they can't wait to get Dickey out of town for some unproven prospects.

Maybe Prokhorov can throw some of that Russian gangster money into the Mets and make them a competitive team again?
    From your lips...

Dickey is old and the METS aren't going to be in contention until they recover from financial ruin. Let someone else pay his old butt more then he is worth. His great season a side he is not all of the sudden going to have a historic career. He is more likely to have a 5.0 ERA then have anther Cy year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Dickey is old and the METS aren't going to be in contention until they recover from financial ruin. Let someone else pay his old butt more then he is worth. His great season a side he is not all of the sudden going to have a historic career. He is more likely to have a 5.0 ERA then have anther Cy year.
    RA is 38 and wants a 4 year extension for big bucks. Only a team that thinks they are one starter away from winning it all in 2013 would make such a deal. The Mets' strength is starting pitching even without RA with Harvey and Wheeler in the picture this season. The catcher and more the Jays are apparently offering is an excellent deal for the Mets

On a side note..I read a hilarious article in Saturday's NY Times that lauded the Pinstriper deal for 33 year old Youk as a major step in their getting "younger"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I actually think it's a good move for the Mets to trade him.He's what 38? His stock will never be higher

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    RA is 38 and wants a 4 year extension for big bucks. Only a team that thinks they are one starter away from winning it all in 2013 would make such a deal. The Mets' strength is starting pitching even without RA with Harvey and Wheeler in the picture this season. The catcher and more the Jays are apparently offering is an excellent deal for the Mets

On a side note..I read a hilarious article in Saturday's NY Times that lauded the Pinstriper deal for 33 year old Youk as a major step in their getting "younger"

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    The Dickey trade is going to be a heist in the Mets favor for years to come.

As for your comment on the Yankees, the 1 year stop gap of Youkilis is precisely about getting younger. They don't have anyone to fill the role now, so short term vet contract makes sense. In the past, they would've thrown 3 years at him. You don't just play minor leaguers who aren't ready just for the sake of lowering the average team age. Not sure what you find so funny.

Veteran
    not sure what the angels are doing. ya any team could use a bat like hamiltons but they've just created another logjam on their roster. getting rid of hunter opened up a spot for bourjos in LF, putting trumbo in right, and trout in center (or trout in LF, boujos in center), wells as the 4th OF. Defense is gonna be a problem in the OF with hamilton and trumbo....trumbo sucks and hamilton is slowing down and made alot of mistakes last year in the field.

why let hunter go over money supposedly and sign a huge ? for 5 years...doesnt make sense.

they need a 3b badly...maybe package morales or trumbo for a 3b is the next move

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliJetsFan View Post
    not sure what the angels are doing. ya any team could use a bat like hamiltons but they've just created another logjam on their roster. getting rid of hunter opened up a spot for bourjos in LF, putting trumbo in right, and trout in center (or trout in LF, boujos in center), wells as the 4th OF. Defense is gonna be a problem in the OF with hamilton and trumbo....trumbo sucks and hamilton is slowing down and made alot of mistakes last year in the field.

why let hunter go over money supposedly and sign a huge ? for 5 years...doesnt make sense.

they need a 3b badly...maybe package morales or trumbo for a 3b is the next move
    Backloaded deal for Hamilton as well. Last 2 years are at 30 million. That + Albert being backloaded is great for next year or 2, but then is going to get tough.