Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Parker of ESPN questions whether RG3 is really a "brother"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I think it depends on the areas, but this is true from my personal experience. Being a native of Houston, I can tell you that it's pretty much a melting pot. I don't know what kind of lead the majority it is, but I assume it's held by Whites.

In any event, I couldn't give a **** less who the majority is since we're all humans that look different. This idea that one race should be respected by the others because there are more of them is simply absurd. We separate ourselves too much by race and religion and all this stuff when we should actually be uniting in the fact that we're human beings.
    Nobody is telling you to stop and bow to them when they pass you on a sidewalk. I'm telling you that constantly disrespecting a majority as if you're somehow invincible and as if they aren't like any other people who would rightly get sick of it is not only stupid but dangerous to the existence of our society.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Nobody is telling you to stop and bow to them when they pass you on a sidewalk. I'm telling you that constantly disrespecting a majority as if you're somehow invincible and as if they aren't like any other people who would rightly get sick of it is not only stupid but dangerous to the existence of our society.
    So, you're alluding to things such as reverse-discrimination? Like, how it's ok for Parker to say these things and get away with it while a white guy wouldn't be able to? If so, I understand what you're saying.

Still, fact is that everyone should respect each other regardless of race/religion/some other 3rd thing. Respecting a majority simply because of their numbers and fear of what may happen is no way to do things.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-14-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly what I'm saying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly what I'm saying.
    Then I can agree with what you're saying. You're not being racist or anything; you're pointing out a flaw.

If you think about, I suppose you could say what happened was something like this: "Oh wow, did you see extreme that we just did? Yea, let's get as far away from that as we can. As a matter of fact, I know another extreme on the other side of town we can stay at."
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-14-2012 at 01:14 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it curious that this conversation is only ever applied to African Americans. There is never a discussion about whether someone is "really" an Irish American or if he is an Italian American or a "meatball" Italian American. Hispanics never go this route either, although they are not really an ethnic "group" per se, because they have so much internal diversity.

Every other ethnic group rushes to lay claim to their successful and/or famous sons and daughters, but in a segment of the African American community you forfeit your membership card if you have certain social/economic/political views. It is an interesting and troubling issue that no one ever seems to want to confront. It seems to be the third rail of American social issues. i.e. Anyone who represents something other than the Homogenization of the US African American Community, is either not a genuine African American or has ulterior motives.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 12-14-2012 at 11:19 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rob Parker, Bomani Jones, Jason Whitlock and others are some of the more racist people in the media.

There are things I want to say that I won't say publicly, but man, do topics of racism toward white people make me chuckle every time I see this stuff.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is that?

White people are nice people. All of my neighbors are white. I get along with them. They get along with me. History also shows, though, that white people, like any other people, are like a sting ray. If you poke them with a stick and keep poking and poking and poking and poking eventually you're going to get a barb put through through your chest. The difference between my people and white people, though, is that when really mad white people do things like drop atomic bombs.

Cool it with the racial stuff.

I live in America. Most Americans are white. I don't antagonize them. I wouldn't if I lived in Japan, or China, or Africa, or Europe, or the Middle East.

You shouldn't either. Not unless your master plan is to convince an ethnic majority that you're their enemy while the dollar is collapsing and the nation is going bankrupt. Didn't work out so well in Germany.
    ROFL

When I read this, the first thing I thought of were things like the historical fact that the American Indians came over to Europe in their canoes and provoked Europe into coming to America and systematically eliminating the native people from the lands by provoking them while the Europeans were here by doing things like camping out on their lawns. Then I thought of the crusades, and about 50 other "white" genocide campaigns and realized that your education probably comes at the expense of some poor minority who would have actually studied history. Too bad the blacks were freed, you could have gone to a better school

I'm white but there's no doubt that my ancestors spread throughout like a virus looking for a host. A lot of that was born out of necessity but "white" history is littered with brutal invasions at the expense of minorities and indigenous people. It is what it is and I'm not going to apologize for anything but my own actions but history is what it is.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

I'm white but there's no doubt that my ancestors spread throughout like a virus looking for a host. A lot of that was born out of necessity but "white" history is littered with brutal invasions at the expense of minorities and indigenous people. It is what it is and I'm not going to apologize for anything but my own actions but history is what it is.
    ie: Andrew Jackson and "Manifest Destiny"

I heard yesterday that by 2030 (I think) in this country, whites will be less than 50% of our population. The Hispanic community is expected to grow 30% during that time.

Good people transcends race, as well as a$$holes. That's how I look at it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I find it curious that this conversation is only ever applied to African Americans. There is never a discussion about whether someone is "really" an Irish American or if he is an Italian American or a "meatball" Italian American. Hispanics never go this route either, although they are not really an ethnic "group" per se, because they have so much internal diversity.

Every other ethnic group rushes to lay claim their successful and/or famous sons and daughters, but in a segment of the African American community you forfeit your membership card if you have certain social/economic/political views. It is an interesting and troubling issue that no one ever seems to want to confront. It seems to be the third rail of American social issues. i.e. Anyone who represents something other than the Homogenization of the US African American Community, is either not a genuine African American or has ulterior motives.
    Good post.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    ie: Andrew Jackson and "Manifest Destiny"

I heard yesterday that by 2030 (I think) in this country, whites will be less than 50% of our population. The Hispanic community is expected to grow 30% during that time.

Good people transcends race, as well as a$$holes. That's how I look at it.
    I agree 100%. I'm not afraid of being a minority. I only get afraid when people start giving validity to what some ass like Rob Parker says and that happens in every race, political belief, and religious belief, or any other way you want to slice things up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I'm going to say about RGIII is that he's an impressive rookie qb with the potential to be really special. As a speaker, he's just as impressive as an intelligent young man and a seemingly grounded understanding of who he is. I don't know what he's like in private but I can only assume he is who he appears to be at this point and that is worth watching. He's a credit to his parents. I only hope my son has such a strong and grounded self-awareness at RGIII's age.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at Rob Parker. So the black community has an intelligent articulate person their children can look up to and he immediately wants to distance himself from him because he chose to marry a white girl or chose to be a republican. Would he prefer it if RGIII was a gangbanger and was getting arrested for DUI's?

If anything is keeping the black people down in this country, its black people like Rob Parker. He should be fired on the spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL at Rob Parker. So the black community has an intelligent articulate person their children can look up to and he immediately wants to distance himself from him because he chose to marry a white girl or chose to be a republican. Would he prefer it if RGIII was a gangbanger and was getting arrested for DUI's?

Yes. 'Cause that's the only way he ever views "his people" apparently which is sad.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

So because Griffin can actually form coherent sentences and isn't from the streets, he's too white?

Do some black people actually take pride in being ignorant?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    ROFL

When I read this, the first thing I thought of were things like the historical fact that the American Indians came over to Europe in their canoes and provoked Europe into coming to America and systematically eliminating the native people from the lands by provoking them while the Europeans were here by doing things like camping out on their lawns. Then I thought of the crusades, and about 50 other "white" genocide campaigns and realized that your education probably comes at the expense of some poor minority who would have actually studied history. Too bad the blacks were freed, you could have gone to a better school

genghis khan says hello.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    genghis khan says hello.

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying non-whites can be brutal too? No ****.

Did you read what I responded to?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

So because Griffin can actually form coherent sentences and isn't from the streets, he's too white?

Do some black people actually take pride in being ignorant?

Nope. Only Rob Parker.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying non-whites can be brutal too? No ****.

Did you read what I responded to?
    Yes and I'm not too sure what you were getting at.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Yes and I'm not too sure what you were getting at.
    That makes two of us.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I'm going to say about RGIII is that he's an impressive rookie qb with the potential to be really special. As a speaker, he's just as impressive as an intelligent young man and a seemingly grounded understanding of who he is. I don't know what he's like in private but I can only assume he is who he appears to be at this point and that is worth watching. He's a credit to his parents. I only hope my son has such a strong and grounded self-awareness at RGIII's age.
    +1