Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Parker of ESPN questions whether RG3 is really a "brother"

As a person of the " white race " married to a woman of color for over 30 years with two golden children and 4 beautiful grandchildren, one has to ask "are you freaking serious Mr Parker "? You are a seriously troubled man who is so insecure in his own skin that you have throw racist crap at others because you never learn to believe that black is beautiful. Grow up you moron it's 2014 almost, and while it's still a bit more difficult for a person of color to achieve in this country, the days of Jim Crow and back of the bus are over. There are also plenty of white folks in this country who now answer to African American owners and bosses both male and female with out a second thought.
    This kind of racist crap may take many more years then I will see before it's gone completely, if ever.
    Wonder if Mr Parker was under fire in a war zone would he care if a person was black or white enough to protect his dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Question for ESPN’s Rob Parker: Was Frederick Douglass, Republican abolitionist whose 2nd wife was white, a brutha or cornball brutha?

Does it matter if Frederick Douglass, Republican abolitionist whose 2nd wife was white, had no braids?

Just tryin' to keep it real, because like Parker, "I keep hearing these things" and "all this talk" about Douglass.

Another reason to minimize my viewing of the garbage network based in Bristol.
    Damn. F-Doug looked Badass.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Damn. F-Doug looked Badass.
    Like a tough guy Morgan Freeman. Id surely never wanna mess with him.

GO JETS!!!!!!!!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I hate that political ideology and political-racial ideology has crept into ESPN. This is nothing new from Rob Parker. Steven Smith also put in his two cents and it was worded differently but the same thing. A lot of "down with the cause" stuff.

The United States has a black President. Equality has been achieved. More over, it's "equality" with advantages through affirmative action. If there's still this racially unifying "cause" to move upwards and upwards it ceases to be about equality and becomes an Afro-centric form of Neo-Nazism which should have ZERO place in sports journalism, especially on a mainstream program.

Jason Whitlock is the same exact way.

Might not be politically-correct to criticize this but at this stage who gives a $#&@ about what's politically correct and not?

Rob Parker should of gotten fired a long time ago.
    This isn't the first time he's injected race into sports discussion. It's become something of an MO for him. I can only imagine how much he would be crying if Aaron Rodgers or Clay Mathews or the Pats anglo-offense started bringing attention to the fact that they're white.
    You are out of your mind if you think equality has been achieved. I don't agree black people are one big symbiotic creature either. We don't have to act a certain way to get a black card in this country. The president has been disrespected in ways that are definitely about race. Even a republican Army general commented on CNN and Fox news that there were republicans that hated the president simply because of his skin color. It has been commented many times it was though the president got where he was because of affirmative action. That's not equality. When someone thinks you only got where you are because of special treatment that's not equality. Meanwhile Bush Jr get in an Ivy league school based on connections. Is that not special treatment? When it is a black person is successful something's wrong, but when it's a white person it's considered normal (by whom?). So RG3 is going to have a white wife. He is still black no matter what he does. His skin says so.
    Last edited by wepnx; 12-13-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    You are out of your mind if you think equality has been achieved. I don't agree black people are one big symbiotic creature either. We don't have to act a certain way to get a black card in this country. The president has been disrespected in ways that are definitely about race. Even a republican Army general commented on CNN and Fox news that there were republicans that hated the president simply because of his skin color. It has been commented many times it was though the president got where he was because of affirmative action. That's not equality. When someone thinks you only got where you are because of special treatment that's not equality. Meanwhile Bush Jr get in an Ivy league school based on connections. Is that not special treatment? When it is a black person is successful something's wrong, but when it's a white person it's considered normal (by whom?). So RG3 is going to have a white wife. He is still black no matter what he does. His skin says so.
    If your idea of equality is that everyone lives in harmony, that bias no longer exists, and we all have a coke and smile, then you'd be right. But equality is about opportunity, and as a society, it's hard to argue that those who are able will be denied. People will hate other people for tons of reason. Racism will never be eradicated but it does not mean that it needs to for "equality" can be achieved.

That said, what bothers me most about Parker's comments and those like it is that it can never move the ball forward. You can't create a "color-blind" society if you are ever-preoccupied with race. RG3 is moving towards that ideal and he is being reprimanded for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Who cares if someone hates Obama because of his skin color? Most of that is BS anyway because Obama is a big government Democrat and the Republican voters are largely small government constitutionalists types. Of course they're going to be very against Obama. They were very against Clinton and Carter.

You don't even know what "equality" means. That's how deranged you sound. "Equality" does not mean creating a thought-gestapo to haul away anyone who doesn't like Obama, even if they don't like him because he's black. What people think doesn't matter. What matters is the LAW. Everyone can vote. Everyone can do what everyone else can do. That's called equality.

Equal opportunity never promised equal results. This kind of mindset you have is dangerous. You have achieved equality. Minorities also have some advantages in the way of things like affirmative action programs. If you're going to keep pushing and pushing and pushing for more and more and more you may one day find a much larger population % gets tired of it and starts to push back and if that happens whatever minorities have achieved in this nation through advances in Civil Rights may go out the window over night.

Seriously, just stop, get the chip off your shoulder, and bask in your freedom. You aren't in chains. You can get any education you want to put the time into, leading to any career that leads to. If you have an idea, like Facebook or something, you can become a billionaire just as fast as anyone else.

Stop crying about equality while minorities are way over represented in politics, entertainment, and just about everywhere. People will eventually get sick of it and and once that happens you may find yourself wishing you were content with liberty instead of reaching for superiority and finding yourself with neither.

All League
    Who cares if someone hates Obama because of his skin color? Most of that is BS anyway because Obama is a big government Democrat and the Republican voters are largely small government constitutionalists types. Of course they're going to be very against Obama. They were very against Clinton and Carter.

You don't even know what "equality" means. That's how deranged you sound. "Equality" does not mean creating a thought-gestapo to haul away anyone who doesn't like Obama, even if they don't like him because he's black. What people think doesn't matter. What matters is the LAW. Everyone can vote. Everyone can do what everyone else can do. That's called equality.

Equal opportunity never promised equal results. This kind of mindset you have is dangerous. You have achieved equality. Minorities also have some advantages in the way of things like affirmative action programs. If you're going to keep pushing and pushing and pushing for more and more and more you may one day find a much larger population % gets tired of it and starts to push back and if that happens whatever minorities have achieved in this nation through advances in Civil Rights may go out the window over night.

Seriously, just stop, get the chip off your shoulder, and bask in your freedom. You aren't in chains. You can get any education you want to put the time into, leading to any career that leads to. If you have an idea, like Facebook or something, you can become a billionaire just as fast as anyone else.

Stop crying about equality while minorities are way over represented in politics, entertainment, and just about everywhere. People will eventually get sick of it and and once that happens you may find yourself wishing you were content with liberty instead of reaching for superiority and finding yourself with neither.
    Welp, thankfully Rob Parker is officially off the hook for dumbest god damn **** I've ever heard...

Stop crying about equality while minorities are way over represented in politics, entertainment, and just about everywhere.
    lol. That's funny.

If you honestly believe this then you have some latent prejudices that you're not willing to acknowledge.

He was the same way when he wrote for newsday. Everything was the race card with Parker.[SQUOTE=MCBNY;4724453]I've always thought Parker to be the biggest joke on ESPN and this only confirms it. I don't think he's intelligent enough to be on TV.

How racist of me. [/QUOTE]

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    lol. That's funny.

If you honestly believe this then you have some latent prejudices that you're not willing to acknowledge.
    I can't tell if he's trolling or if he's serious, which alone is the greatest indicator that race is still an issue

"Can blue men sing the whites

or are they hypocrites

to sing the blues.."

Bonzo Dog Band......Urban Spaceman 1968

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...1_xIQuwY#t=10s

Why is that?

I was a history major in college. That probably means I understand the rise and fall of civilizations a lot better than you. I've studied all manner of revolutions, revolutionary movements, social shifts, political ideology, economic depressions etc.

You probably thought what I said was absurd because if you're not watching football, you're watching Dancing with the Stars or The Voice, which is worthless for giving you any sort of actual insights into anything that matters.

Ethnic divisions are a reality all over the world. Everywhere. They always will be. Always.

It's easy for people like Rob Parker and Jesse Jackson and people of his ilk (who I cannot stand) to constantly race bait and instigate problems when economic times are good, or even in recession, like today, because real people have lives and so nobody cares, but all it takes is a certain perfect storm of real economic problems for the fictional `everyone loves each other` world that exists on television to come crumbling down real fast. If the nation goes completely belly up in the next decade or two, which is a real possibility, I don't think the majority (any majority, of any ethnicity, in any nation) is going to be all that interested in listening to this crap about phony oppression while they're in real trouble, in a breadline, or had their life savings wiped out by a total collapse of the financial system (which isn't something that only happens in black and white footage on the history channel. Economics, if you didn't know, is actually real).

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Be grateful for citizenship. Be grateful for the opportunities of this country. I practice what I preach. You're probably assuming i'm a racist white guy for not being "down with the struggle." The fact is i'm not white at all, i'm just not an entitled little brat that clings to tired old 1960's revolutionary thinking in the 21st century.

White people are nice people. All of my neighbors are white. I get along with them. They get along with me. History also shows, though, that white people, like any other people, are like a sting ray. If you poke them with a stick and keep poking and poking and poking and poking eventually you're going to get a barb put through through your chest. The difference between my people and white people, though, is that when really mad white people do things like drop atomic bombs.

Cool it with the racial stuff.

I live in America. Most Americans are white. I don't antagonize them. I wouldn't if I lived in Japan, or China, or Africa, or Europe, or the Middle East.

You shouldn't either. Not unless your master plan is to convince an ethnic majority that you're their enemy while the dollar is collapsing and the nation is going bankrupt. Didn't work out so well in Germany.

All League
    Why is that?

I was a history major in college. That probably means I understand the rise and fall of civilizations a lot better than you. I've studied all manner of revolutions, revolutionary movements, social shifts, political ideology, economic depressions etc.

You probably thought what I said was absurd because if you're not watching football, you're watching Dancing with the Stars or The Voice, which is worthless for giving you any sort of actual insights into anything that matters.

Ethnic divisions are a reality all over the world. Everywhere. They always will be. Always.

It's easy for people like Rob Parker and Jesse Jackson and people of his ilk (who I cannot stand) to constantly race bait and instigate problems when economic times are good, or even in recession, like today, because real people have lives and so nobody cares, but all it takes is a certain perfect storm of real economic problems for the fictional `everyone loves each other` world that exists on television to come crumbling down real fast. If the nation goes completely belly up in the next decade or two, which is a real possibility, I don't think the majority (any majority, of any ethnicity, in any nation) is going to be all that interested in listening to this crap about phony oppression while they're in real trouble, in a breadline, or had their life savings wiped out by a total collapse of the financial system (which isn't something that only happens in black and white footage on the history channel. Economics, if you didn't know, is actually real).

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Be grateful for citizenship. Be grateful for the opportunities of this country. I practice what I preach. You're probably assuming i'm a racist white guy for not being "down with the struggle." The fact is i'm not white at all, i'm just not an entitled little brat that clings to tired old 1960's revolutionary thinking in the 21st century.

White people are nice people. All of my neighbors are white. I get along with them. They get along with me. History also shows, though, that white people, like any other people, are like a sting ray. If you poke them with a stick and keep poking and poking and poking and poking eventually you're going to get a barb put through through your chest. The difference between my people and white people, though, is that when really mad white people do things like drop atomic bombs.

I live in America. Most Americans are white. I don't antagonize them. I wouldn't if I lived in Japan, or China, or Africa, or Europe, or the Middle East.

You shouldn't either. Not unless your master plan is to convince an ethnic majority that you're their enemy while the dollar is collapsing and the nation is going bankrupt. Didn't work out so well in Germany.
    Andddd you're just trolling

Edit: Translation- "stop being uppity you damn coloreds and learn your place!"

Why is that?

The individual is nice. In every group, you'll have nice people and mean people.

Just like you'll meet racist white people, you'll be racist black people, asian people, etc.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The individual is nice. In every group, you'll have nice people and mean people.

Just like you'll meet racist white people, you'll be racist black people, asian people, etc.
    But don't you get it maaaaan. We have to be nice to the race with the majority population or else we could like, really ruin some stuff or something like that. Everyone's gotta learn their place... well... almost everyone

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    But don't you get it maaaaan. We have to be nice to the race with the majority population or else we could like, really ruin some stuff or something like that. Everyone's gotta learn their place... well... almost everyone
    Isn't the race ratio in the U.S shifting away from whites?

I wonder if Schooly D meets Rob Parker's strict criteria....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v40ai...etailpage#t=1s

I still like to watch King Of New York late at night....Jimmy Jump aka Larry Fishburne...best supporting actor ever..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Isn't the race ratio in the U.S shifting away from whites?
    It is. Hell I think in most areas of Texas now Caucasians are the minority.

With numbers comes opportunity. And with opportunity comes the screaming of those in "power" having to actually compete for the same opportunities.

Same way the Irish, German's, Italians, Polish, and everyone else that came to this country had to endure. The only notable exception is the fact that Africans didn't come here upon their own free will, and when they were freed, they had pretty much collectively around the entire world, lost out on close to three hundred years of capitalizing on opportunity like everyone else did.

Is it better since then? Of damn course it is. Are they anywhere near the same level as everyone else had they not been held down for centuries? Hard to tell but the likelyhood is that they're not.

Why wouldn't you be nice to a majority that is by in large tolerant of others unless you're just interesting in causing trouble or a racist? You would move to Japan and start attacking them? Move to China and start attacking them?
    Or you just have a thing against white people?

Your attitude is just so unbelievably bad. You have absolutely no respect for the men and women who fought for equality and civil rights. You should take a look at the photographs of men like Martin Luther King jr during some of his marches. He didn't carry the expression on his face of someone that's an obnoxious, race-baiting agitator. He and his fellow protestors were actually AFRAID. That's a bravery a twit like Rob Parker could not understand and a task someone like you could never repeat. You have a big mouth when things are easy like they are today and might gleefully spit on the majority of Americans over the internet because they're white and you think that's fashionable. Antagonizing them with racial division is for you right now a big joke and something you can do without any ramifications, or so you believe, but society is a constantly evolving process. What is today is not necessarily forever.

If things were to one day change I suspect you would have a lot of regrets because I highly doubt you would have the stones to do what the people who came before you did whether you admit it on the internet or not.

There are not many nations in the world where the word liberty even exists.

You should value it.

It is. Hell I think in most areas of Texas now Caucasians are the minority.

With numbers comes opportunity. And with opportunity comes the screaming of those in "power" having to actually compete for the same opportunities.

Same way the Irish, German's, Italians, Polish, and everyone else that came to this country had to endure. The only notable exception is the fact that Africans didn't come here upon their own free will, and when they were freed, they had pretty much collectively around the entire world, lost out on close to three hundred years of capitalizing on opportunity like everyone else did.

Is it better since then? Of damn course it is. Are they anywhere near the same level as everyone else had they not been held down for centuries? Hard to tell but the likelyhood is that they're not.
    I think it depends on the areas, but this is true from my personal experience. Being a native of Houston, I can tell you that it's pretty much a melting pot. I don't know what kind of lead the majority it is, but I assume it's held by Whites.

In any event, I couldn't give a **** less who the majority is since we're all humans that look different. This idea that one race should be respected by the others because there are more of them is simply absurd. We separate ourselves too much by race and religion and all this stuff when we should actually be uniting in the fact that we're human beings.

Also, I don't think Zara is racist or prejudiced at all.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-14-2012 at 01:56 AM.