Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Parker of ESPN questions whether RG3 is really a "brother"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Where you been they basically do, I call that "team white".
    I guess it is because of the helmets. ****- how do you miss something so obvious. I am surprised TV people don't say they "out think" the other team or they are not "as athletic"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a black guy: grrrrrrrooooaaaaaaaannnnnnn

Having had two white girlfriends, I've had to put up with that **** myself.

My older brother is a registered Republican and he gets it too.

It's beyond infuriating.

I would separate Whitlock from Stephen A. and Parker, though. Whitlock puts way more thought into what he says than either of the other two do. He's having an ongoing dialogue, not just blurting stuff out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a MORON and should be dismissed IMMEDIATELY!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The mentality articulated by Parker is self-destructive to the black community. I'm glad he said it. I hope it gets a lot of attention. It's straight up ignorant and should be shamed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The mentality articulated by Parker is self-destructive to the black community. I'm glad he said it. I hope it gets a lot of attention. It's straight up ignorant and should be shamed.
    When I was reading, I stopped there for a second and was like, "WTH?". Then I continued reading and was all like, "OH, BRAIN! YOU SO QUICK TO ASSUME!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should r3 be dogfighting like mike vick? Would that make him black?

Is dez bryant black cause he slapped his mom?

It sounds to me like parker is saying that because rg3 is a straight up good dude, hes not black.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Yep, RGIII is educated and well-spoken, so that makes him a "sell-out" But if he is killing dogs or beating women he is "keeping it real"

It's a disgusting and ignorant way of thinking IMO

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he needs to do some time or at least get arrested/suspended for drugs to shore up his 'bona fides'. Good thing he has those braids going for him, or it would really be suspicious

The irony is that, apparently, it was RGIII's quote about not being defined by just race that set that conversation off; apparently the only thing Parker got from it is "wow, maybe he's really not black enough"

Even an outfit like ESPN has to fire him for that garbage, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've always thought Parker to be the biggest joke on ESPN and this only confirms it. I don't think he's intelligent enough to be on TV.

How racist of me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I've always thought Parker to be the biggest joke on ESPN and this only confirms it. I don't think he's intelligent enough to be on TV.

How racist of me.
    lol @ thinking ESPN requires their "analysts" to be intelligent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN has no standards, of that I'm aware. I must say I like Skip Bayless though. I enjoy how angry he makes everyone. He's like a puppeteer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    As a black guy: grrrrrrrooooaaaaaaaannnnnnn

Having had two white girlfriends, I've had to put up with that **** myself.

My older brother is a registered Republican and he gets it too.

It's beyond infuriating.

I would separate Whitlock from Stephen A. and Parker, though. Whitlock puts way more thought into what he says than either of the other two do. He's having an ongoing dialogue, not just blurting stuff out.

Do you say "iffin" a lot?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ESPN has no standards, of that I'm aware. I must say I like Skip Bayless though. I enjoy how angry he makes everyone. He's like a puppeteer.
    Skip is just a master troll. Once you realize that, it makes First Take one of the greatest shows of all time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    how did rob parker get on TV in the first place? were his columns so poignant that his voice needed a bigger audience? is he that charismatic? I just don't see it.

I haven't watched that morning show with skip bayless or even a full episode of sportscenter since July 2010. I am a much better person for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    As a black guy: .

Would have bet my sack you were a whitey.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Same

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How racist of me.
    Question for ESPN’s Rob Parker: Was Frederick Douglass, Republican abolitionist whose 2nd wife was white, a brutha or cornball brutha?

Does it matter if Frederick Douglass, Republican abolitionist whose 2nd wife was white, had no braids?

Just tryin' to keep it real, because like Parker, "I keep hearing these things" and "all this talk" about Douglass.

Another reason to minimize my viewing of the garbage network based in Bristol.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's ways to embrace your race's struggle, identify as a proud member of a minority group, and remind others to never stop fighting and know that their struggle is far from over (even if there's a black president,thinking that everything is fine and dandy now is the biggest crop of **** I've ever heard) without tearing everyone else down around you.

RG3 is a GREAT idol for the black community. Accomplished everything with his athletisism AND his brain. Stays humble yet will not be shy to tell you that he's OVERCOME the instituionalized racism almost all people in the minority of a society have faced.

He did it all while not trying to dress differently, alter the way he speaks, cut his hair (which is a fantastic example of true African style) or anything of the sort. He did it while being true to HIMSELF and proving everyone WRONG.

Rob Parker, you sir, are a moron