Thread: Cop Fired After Illegal Search Video Goes Viral

Cop Fired After Illegal Search Video Goes Viral

Kid doesn't quite make for a sympathetic "victim."

Mom and Dad must be proud.

All Pro
    That kid is a real piece of work, I find it very unmanly how he verbally abused and baited the cops.

I do respect that he exerted his 4th amendment rights even while being threatened and coerced by the cops.

Just another example of how the police hierarchy has failed to trained there troops.

Cops should learn there constitution day one at academy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Kid doesn't quite make for a sympathetic "victim."

Mom and Dad must be proud.
    ================================================== =

True that, if it where my boy, his next term would be at community college.

The kid is a jerk. The cop did abuse the 4th amendment, but there should be a bit more thought put into this firing. A simple fine would have been better imo.

The kid baited the cops and it look clear on the video to me

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    The kid is a jerk. The cop did abuse the 4th amendment, but there should be a bit more thought put into this firing. A simple fine would have been better imo.

The kid baited the cops and it look clear on the video to me
    Baited or not, he didnt do his job. People are baited all the time and if they break the law, the cops are the first to pounce on them.

Hall Of Fame
    That is the future of America right there. That is what my grandfather got shot in WWII for.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is the future of America right there. That is what my grandfather got shot in WWII for.
    =======================================

Exactly, Home of the Free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Two points....

1. Campus cop, so stand down if this is a anti-LEO thread.

2. Do you have an expectation of 4th amendment rights in a college dorm room?

That kid was great. I freaking loved that video. People that don't know their rights get stomped on all the time. I had something similar happen in my College dorm. I had read the student handbook and you were in your rights to refuse entry to your dorm to police or RA's. There was a disciplinary penalty for saying "no" but it was called "non compliance" and carried a minor penalty. Being busted with Pot or Alcohol was a "kicked off campus" offense. I had a few friends get busted for pot or alcohol so i read up on the rules just in case. When it was my turn I just refused to let them in. Someone claimed they smelled pot coming from my dorm. First the RA came with an administrator. Then when I turned them away the police came. Turned them away as well. The cops in my case acted professionally and told the RA that unless I invited them in they had no probable cause to enter.

Eventually I had to go to student court trial for the "non compliance". I got out of everything when I pointed out that I was part of a 3 dorm suite and since the smell was coming from outside the suite they should have tried to check all 3 rooms yet for some reason they only focused on mine. I blamed it all on the RA that reported it. Claimed she had been harassing me. It was epic. They actually dismissed the non compliance and granted my request to be moved to a different room on another floor away from the harassing RA.

It's worth a mention that the smell was indeed coming from my dorm.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    That kid was great. I freaking loved that video. People that don't know their rights get stomped on all the time. I had something similar happen in my College dorm. I had read the student handbook and you were in your rights to refuse entry to your dorm to police or RA's. There was a disciplinary penalty for saying "no" but it was called "non compliance" and carried a minor penalty. Being busted with Pot or Alcohol was a "kicked off campus" offense. I had a few friends get busted for pot or alcohol so i read up on the rules just in case. When it was my turn I just refused to let them in. Someone claimed they smelled pot coming from my dorm. First the RA came with an administrator. Then when I turned them away the police came. Turned them away as well. The cops in my case acted professionally and told the RA that unless I invited them in they had no probable cause to enter.

Eventually I had to go to student court trial for the "non compliance". I got out of everything when I pointed out that I was part of a 3 dorm suite and since the smell was coming from outside the suite they should have tried to check all 3 rooms yet for some reason they only focused on mine. I blamed it all on the RA that reported it. Claimed she had been harassing me. It was epic. They actually dismissed the non compliance and granted my request to be moved to a different room on another floor away from the harassing RA.

It's worth a mention that the smell was indeed coming from my dorm.

For serious? That kid was dripping with douche. I was hoping that the video ended with him getting his head kicked in. Not even saying that wasn't right, just so unlikable.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Baited or not, he didnt do his job. People are baited all the time and if they break the law, the cops are the first to pounce on them.
    This.

The fact that a stupid, drunk, college kid managed to "bait" the campus cop into acting illegally, speaks to the complete incompetence of the campus cop.

The fact that he's no longer employed in that capacity is good for everyone who goes to school there.

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    For serious? That kid was dripping with douche. I was hoping that the video ended with him getting his head kicked in. Not even saying that wasn't right, just so unlikable.
    I liked it. Again it was kind of personal thing for me having been through something similar. Seemed like those RA's and by extension the campus police were harassing that kid who clearly had no illegal substances in his room. When it happened to me the police acted professionally. That kid was acting a bit obnoxious but that isn't the point. The people in a position of authority should be trained and know the law. These campus security cops in that video knew the law and chose to ignore it. I say F-em. The guy deserved to get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I liked it. Again it was kind of personal thing for me having been through something similar. Seemed like those RA's and by extension the campus police were harassing that kid who clearly had no illegal substances in his room. When it happened to me the police acted professionally. That kid was acting a bit obnoxious but that isn't the point. The people in a position of authority should be trained and know the law. These campus security cops in that video knew the law and chose to ignore it. I say F-em. The guy deserved to get fired.
    LOL, pretty sure that's because he drank it, and dropped the evidence out the window.

I don't feel bad whatsoever for the hardass campus cop, but the college guy was a douche, and should've made more of an effort to be entertaining if he was going to leak a 6 minute video on youtube

Hall Of Fame
    good for this kid. Gotta get the criminals in uniform on tape if you want anythign done about violations of civil rights.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    good for this kid. Gotta get the criminals in uniform on tape if you want anythign done about violations of civil rights.
    ==============================================

Good point, there were at least 2 other LEO there, why did they not stop him? Did they report him?

Without the viral video nothing would of happened.