Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A request to help out a fellow Jet fan

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

A request to help out a fellow Jet fan

Hello all,

Some of you may know me from the Jets Addicts board but I am posting here to ask for your help in aiding a fellow Jets fan.

Tim Brady (TBrady) is an admin/mod on our board and has been for 15 years. Last month his 13 year old daughter went in for surgery to have a cyst removed from her brain. While the surgery was successful and the cyst removed, she had some complications. The long and short of it is she lost all of her motor skills and now has to relearn how to walk, talk, eat, dress, etc. It's going to be a long and difficult road but her doctors are opptomisitic.

Currently Tim has taken a leave from his job and moved from his home to take care of her while she is in a rehab facility in NJ. They will likely be there for 4-6 months and insurance will cover some but not all of the massive costs Tim is likely going to incur along the way.

Tim's friends and family have started a Facebook page attached to a Pay Pal account to raise money for them. We posted it on our board and I thought it would be OK to post it here too since at the end of the day we are all Jet fans! The page is called Alyssa Brady Health Fund and it explains in much greater detail the situation she is going through.

I ask that you all go to FB and check it out and donate if you can. I can't think of too many better causes then to help out the little girl of a fellow Jet fan on her long road to recovery.

Thanks everyone...Happy Holidays to you all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This should be stickied, PERIOD.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Nice guy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys...much appreciated.

And if you dont have a Facebook account, here is the direct link to the Pay Pal page for donations.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...72c947f193f8fd

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post

And if you dont have a Facebook account, here is the direct link to the Pay Pal page for donations.

Link doesn't work for me.

As if being a Jets fan named Tim Brady wasn't enough...

All joking aside, give him our best. Will try from FB at home.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Done.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    That one works.

Best wishes to Alyssa for a quick and full recovery.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be my pleasure!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Done. Good luck to the Bradys

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Nice guy.
    You were saying, smarty-pants?

Don't you feel foolish now, huh?

Anyway, here's to hoping the Alyssa fully recovers and lives a long, healthy life.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't think of a better way to give on Christmas.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to give you guys a quick update and an additional request for help.

Tim's daughter is making some progress. Her speech has come back a little but she still cannot walk or eat on her own. She is progresing but it is going to be quite slow.

That said, Tim got his first bill from the rehab center....$209,000!!! His insurance? Picks up $38,000. Nuff said.

PLEASE...if you are willing, go to the paypal link I listed and help out with any amount you can. This is a fellow die hard Jets fan (and a really goood guy) with a beautiful 12 year old litle girl who has a long road (and expensive) road back to health.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZL8GUHFVM97WU.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim's daughter is making some progress. Her speech has come back a little but she still cannot walk or eat on her own. She is progresing but it is going to be quite slow.

That said, Tim got his first bill from the rehab center....$209,000!!! His insurance? Picks up $38,000. Nuff said.

PLEASE...if you are willing, go to the paypal link I listed and help out with any amount you can. This is a fellow die hard Jets fan (and a really goood guy) with a beautiful 12 year old litle girl who has a long road (and expensive) road back to health.

DONE. best wishes!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done. Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I donated when you first posted about this girl, but after reading this I kinda think I should donate again. Jebus.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

MSG: I donated directly to TIM recently. Can you give us constant updates of his daughters status? I will also get one from ret2ski and post it here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    MSG: I donated directly to TIM recently. Can you give us constant updates of his daughters status? I will also get one from ret2ski and post it here.
    Thank you all!!!

KJ, here is the latest post T left on our board updating us (oh, and I was off by 3 grand!!!)....

Thanks again everyone! I still can't believe how many people have stepped up for me! I can't even thank you all enough!

I was floored when our first bill came in from the hospital so far, three pages of itemized charges totaling $212,000. And my insurance so far is only covering $38,000. I can't even believe it!

And of course more will follow. It's crazy.

As for my Daughter, she is still in rehab in New Brunswick NJ, my wife's step mother took my place before New Years so I could go back to work. But she goes home next week so I don't know what we are going to do.

She is talking better, but not great, she still can't walk or even stand on her own, her left leg moves but her left arm has absolutely no movement. So I am sure she has a long road left to get back to normal.

But thanks again for everything you have done, I really appreciate it, you guys have shown why I like to consider you all my family.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done- best wishes and a speedy recovery