Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Thanks.

My bother kills someone, so cops can come into my home and take me out in cuffs in front of my neighbors? Even if I didn't do anything? Just seems strange.

Why wouldn't they just frisk me if they suspected I had a weapon?
    Music law enforcement 101, "I fought the law and the law won".

All League
    This bothered me, too. Why the handcuffs? Maybe our resident cops can answer.
    Don't forget in the initial confusion the police thought there might be two shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Music law enforcement 101, "I fought the law and the law won".

All League
    He is still an adult, 20, which is todays 10.
    OK. I'm just making the point that due to his age he could not have obtained the weapons legally.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

In all seriousness problems will always exist and like every serious issue everyone needs to contribute, people need to be kinder, we need more attention put on mental health issues, and yes, we need some, some changes to some gun issues. It's a massive undertaking.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    OK. I'm just making the point that due to his age he could not have obtained the weapons legally.
    ok, Bushy.

In all seriousness problems will always exist and like every serious issue everyone needs to contribute, people need to be kinder, we need more attention put on mental health issues, and yes, we need some, some changes to some gun issues. It's a massive undertaking.
    Yup. That nut could have walked into that classroom with a 10 gallon gas can and incinerated the place. Society will never factor lunacy, or a disgruntled person hell bent on revenge, completely out of the equation.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks.

My bother kills someone, so cops can come into my home and take me out in cuffs in front of my neighbors? Even if I didn't do anything? Just seems strange.

Why wouldn't they just frisk me if they suspected I had a weapon?
    I think yesterday's situation was a little extreme. His brother had his ID on him. The mother was also dead. They thought there might have been a second gunman and there was only one witness and she was hospitalized. I don't think the police were going to take any chances yesterday. This wasn't a typical shooting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Well, it's interesting that few seem to care (and in fact relish) that it gives the millions of legal, law abiding and responsible gun owners in America a bad name. So mcuh so, they are widely demonized and declared the "problem".

But mention Autism, or other forms of ilness, mental or otherwise, and it's suddenly most vital to protect all austistics from generalized slander?

Clearly this kid was severely disturbed and damaged mentally, and that was the primary cause of this event.

It wasn't games. It wasn't guns. It wasn't the price of tea in China.

Broken human beings do broken and horrific things. It's a shame we, as a society, only seem to care after the fact.....when it's before-the-fact that is the only time it could have been stopped.
    True statement, but his designation as an autistic most certainly had little to nothing to do with what happened and only serves to stigmatize a no-so-well-understood disorder even more. While there have been instances of autistics killing other people, they are almost always relegated to low-functioning individuals resorting to some primal form of "acting out" wherein they do not understand the consequences of their actions, literally. Same goes for their lack of a sense of self-preservation.

That said, even if there is a complete disregard for his HIPAA rights post-mortem, whatever is revealed to be an underlying disorder is not an excuse for what happened, only a possible explanation. Either way, it is little comfort to all that have been affected by the brutal act.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love all the people on Facebook who think today is a great day to post pictures of guns.

Nice.

Sent from a phone using an app

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I love all the people on Facebook who think today is a great day to post pictures of guns.

Nice.

You're so right, today should be about discussing the small testicles and smaller brains of gun owners, right PK?

Human nature, tragedy occurs, it's human nature is to want to understand it, and part of that process is commonly defending the beliefs you possess.

Or denouncing beliefs you don't.

Just like the "ban gan now" and "blame games and movies" reactions are predictable, so is the "wtf, it wasn't (my club/interest/group/disabillity that caused this!!" defensive reaction.

Worse, all come streaming out before even a majority of teh facts of the case are known.

People always rush to judgement, and judge well beyond the scope of the event itself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You're so right, today should be about discussing the small testicles and smaller brains of gun owners, right PK?

Human nature, tragedy occurs, it's human nature is to want to understand it, and part of that process is commonly defending the beliefs you possess.

Or denouncing beliefs you don't.

Just like the "ban gan now" and "blame games and movies" reactions are predictable, so is the "wtf, it wasn't (my club/interest/group/disabillity that caused this!!" defensive reaction.

Worse, all come streaming out before even a majority of teh facts of the case are known.

People always rush to judgement, and judge well beyond the scope of the event itself.
    Stop pontificating.

People can skip one day posting pictures of guns.

Jets Insider VIP
    People didnt spend Sept 12 2001 posting pics of 747's did they?

Hall Of Fame

As I posted in the other thread, M.E. indicated that most of the fatalities were by the "long rifle".

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think yesterday's situation was a little extreme. His brother had his ID on him. The mother was also dead. They thought there might have been a second gunman and there was only one witness and she was hospitalized. I don't think the police were going to take any chances yesterday. This wasn't a typical shooting.
    Not that this is on his mind now, but I think he has quite the lawsuit against various media sources and arguably the Hoboken police department.

Hall Of Fame
    As I posted in the other thread, M.E. indicated that most of the fatalities were by the "long rifle".
    This M.E. seemed like he was a little strange. He tried to make a few jokes. I don't know if he is just exhausted or if that is a coping mechanism but it seemed like odd behavior given the situation.

This M.E. seemed like he was a little strange. He tried to make a few jokes. I don't know if he is just exhausted or if that is a coping mechanism but it seemed like odd behavior given the situation.
    Don't let this cloud the information he provided.

Hall Of Fame
    Don't let this cloud the information he provided.
    No. Not at all. I am sure he provided accurate information. And it was horrifying. It was his demeanor that I found strange.

Did you watch it?
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-15-2012 at 04:14 PM.

No. Not at all. I am sure he provided accurate information. It was his demeanor that I found strange.
    Ah. I think it takes a unique individual to perform autopsies all day long.

He mentioned that it these post-mortems were some college students first day. Imagine that? Geez.