Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mother was teacher at school.

Father was living in Hoboken.

Looks like he shot the dad in NJ and drove back to CT to get his mom and all the kids in her classroom.

SAR I

Yes, I believe that is the latest story as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    where are you getting this? CNN isnt saying any of this
    NBC TV NY has very up to date information. Go there.

SAR I

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    where are you getting this? CNN isnt saying any of this
    Channel 2 news is reporting that as well.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [
    Last edited by 32green; 12-14-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: take the politics to the poli board, please

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    This is the guy that is dead, not the other in custody.

Shows two locales on his Facebook page. From Newtown CT, currently from Hoboken NJ. Went to Quinnipiac.

Looks like he has a lot of friends from there....Ernst & Young...damn this is just creepy. What the ****.
    Great, my alma mater.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got home to find the wife sobbing in front of the kitchen TV.

Unfathomable.

God bless the innocent children and their grieving families.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    It's absolutely ridiculous to still have Gun Rights. Yes we have the right to bear arms- you know why? Because it was the 1700s frontier land and we needed protection from Indians and the like. F***ing idiots today that still back anything more than a rifle............Like you really need semi- automatics..............
    Again, keep the political discussion out of this thread please.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

and we go all over the world..........

Just horrible...there are reports of possibly 20-30 people killed, at least half of them children....in Newtown, CT Sandy Hook Elementary School

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14...ool/?hpt=hp_t1

To all of our CT JI members, I sincerely hope none of you are affected..... this is just tragic. This could be the worst school shooting in US history.

to kill terrorist, what about the home grown ones...

"you homo sapiens and your guns" (magneto new York 2000)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    It's absolutely ridiculous to still have Gun Rights. Yes we have the right to bear arms- you know why? Because it was the 1700s frontier land and we needed protection from Indians and the like. F***ing idiots today that still back anything more than a rifle............Like you really need semi- automatics..............
    GTFO and take your politics to the other forum.

Are you that naive to think things like this stop because you make guns illegal?

The more I hear about this story the sadder it gets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Why? Were they killed with darts? It is infuriating!!! My prayers go out to all the families affected. May God have mercy on those poor little children.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Dudes, I understand the anger, but please leave the political commentary for the poli forum. The issue is polarizing so it is guaranteed to turn this thread into a **** show.

Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    just ban any morons looking to make this a gun law forum...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you hate something that much where you feel the need to kill something, please start with yourself.

I believe these are his latest Tweets, sure to be taken down I'm sure:

I saw that the twitter post was deleted, but if it is him the posts are freaky.
    11 Nov Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza i truely feel that the world would b a better place without me, im not depressed or anythin its just im thinken about what would b different Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza the feeling when you know youve lost everyone who used too care about you << Expand 1 Dec WIZDOM ‏@WizKhalllifa Nothing feels worse than being ignored by the person who means the most to you. Retweeted by Ryan Lanza Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

2 Dec Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza i want my bestfriend back.. why did everything have to change... again.. #missyoulots #wishyouwouldtxtback Expand
    2 Dec Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza i would actually love if the world ended in 2 weeks.. #****life

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap! I just got back in from errands all morning and heard the news.

Utterly heartbreaking, can't even imagine what the parents are going through.

What kind of sick f**k kills a classroom of innocent 5 year olds because he hates his mother?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reading his twitter page will tell you all you need to know.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If you hate something that much where you feel the need to kill something, please start with yourself.

I believe these are his latest Tweets, sure to be taken down I'm sure:

I saw that the twitter post was deleted, but if it is him the posts are freaky.
    11 Nov Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza i truely feel that the world would b a better place without me, im not depressed or anythin its just im thinken about what would b different Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza the feeling when you know youve lost everyone who used too care about you << Expand 1 Dec WIZDOM ‏@WizKhalllifa Nothing feels worse than being ignored by the person who means the most to you. Retweeted by Ryan Lanza Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

2 Dec Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza i want my bestfriend back.. why did everything have to change... again.. #missyoulots #wishyouwouldtxtback Expand
    2 Dec Ryan Lanza ‏@Ryan__Lanza i would actually love if the world ended in 2 weeks.. #****life
    Ugh, what an emo loser. And the worst thing is that the puss probably shot himself too. Too bad he didn't start the rampage that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG

Thoughts and prayers for those poor families..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Abortions should be legal up to age 49.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the town next to where I grew up. My sister is a teacher in Newtown Public School system. Rough day for her.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alot of you probably have children at home and they're probably going to have questions.

Sorry for the long post, but some tips-

Ways to Help Your Child Process Acts of Violence &Terrorism

For more information about helping children process tragic events, see http://www.nccev.org/, the National Center for Children Exposed to Violence.

1. Children need to have adults who are available to listen to what's on their minds.
    Listening to the child, being available to hear all they have to say, is foremost. Then you'll be able to hear what issues are uppermost in the child's mind, and it will vary by age.

2. Limit the child's exposure to coverage of the events on television.
    For younger children under the age of 8 and perhaps a little bit older, the exposure is more overwhelming than informative. No child should be subjected to unremitting exposure on television. When they are watching the news, it's important that an adult be with them
    to process what's going on.

3. Children need to know the truth and part of that truth is that the event was unanticipated and a tragedy occurred. Children need their parents' support in recognizing that bad things can happen, and that we can feel afraid and saddened. We all need help in being able to bear and tolerate the enormous feelings that are aroused when tragic events occur. Most important is that you let your child see that you will listen to, and can withstand, the expression of their strongest feelings.

4. Point out the good things that are going on. When a tragedy occurs, we will also see great acts of courage and compassion. Point out to your children and demonstrate to them that in the terrible moment of crisis, our country pulls together and there are enormous acts of heroism and caring where communities and individuals support one another. These are values children need to know and be aware of -- the demonstration of goodness and generosity in others, especially in times of crisis.

5. Let your child do something to help. In our flurry to help and do something, we sometimes forget that children are people too, and to include them. Doing something, taking action, dispels anxiety. We all feel less helpless when we can DO something. Make a donation to the Red Cross, and let your child take part in this, whether it's collecting clothes and blankets you no longer need, or going to the store to buy diapers and formula to donate, or adding part of their allowance to your family's donation of cash to a charity that's helping.

6. Look for signs of distress the child may be demonstrating in behaviors rather than words.
    When behaviors are disrupted or when children are demonstrating their anxiety, it's often a signal to try and expand the discussion by asking the child to describe more of their ideas about what they've seen and heard.

7. Sometimes you'll get a reaction of de-sensitization.
    For instance a 12 year old, observing scenes of the collapse of the Trade Center Towers might say that it was cool. Keep in mind that the event is unreal for all of us and that we can't digest what we're seeing so we automatically separate out, and divide off the feelings that are most overwhelming. To see the building's collapse as if it were a scene in a movie is more tolerable than immediately grasping that the victims are real people -- mothers, fathers, sisters,
    brothers and friends. Respect the propensity to distance; it's a normal reaction.

8. For adolescents, the idea of sharing painful and vulnerable feelings goes counter to their own trends in development.
    Rather than focusing teens into discussions about their feelings, parents and teachers can encourage them in the expression of their ideas by listening in whatever form their concerns take and accepting them as they are.

9. With older children, you can discuss the motives of the perpetrators.
    If you talk to your older child about the motives of terrorism, for instance, you can instill in them the values America stands for -- to stand firm in defense of freedom and liberty, and what it means to stand together as a nation, resolute in our determination to not collapse with the collapse of buildings and the loss of life. It's part of our job as adults to model for our children the toleration of feelings that accompany horrific tragedy, to join together in helping others in time of need, and to join together in resisting the aims of terrorist intent. It's a time to point out that acts of violence are never right or good.

10. Temper your own reactions when you're around your children and limit what you say.
    While it's important to demonstrate our sadness and frustration, it's not good for children to witness enormous anxiety and fear. Children will learn to cope with strong feelings by watching
    their parents and other adults cope with them. It's more constructive to help children put their feelings into words and to recognize the range of their feelings than, for example, to just demonstrate your own rage and fear. Keep your own speculations to yourself, or to times
    when you're with other adults.