Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    If this happened to me I could pretty much guarantee you that I probably wouldn't be able to live to see the next Christmas. I mean, how the hell do you go on after something like that? I don't know if I could.
    Just imagine how most of these parents already bought those kids their Christmas presents. They are never going to be able to open them.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-14-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The worst part of this for the viewing public will be when they start putting faces on the victims. I am sure there is a class photo. Just chilling when you think about it.

Every time there is one of these tragedies I always tell myself that nothing will surprise me anymore and then something like this happens. Makes you wonder about our society and what people are actually capable of doing. We live in a world where you can't take your children coming home from school for granted.

They've shown the principal's twitter feed. Very haunting & sad

I have not exactly been the most religious person in the world as of late, but I would like to believe that there are very special places in hell and the afterlife specifically reserved for this kind of scum.

Hall Of Fame
    They've shown the principal's twitter feed. Very haunting & sad

I have not exactly been the most religious person in the world as of late, but I would like to believe that there are very special places in hell and the afterlife specifically reserved for this kind of scum.
    I hope so b.c Hell is too easy for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I can only think maybe he thought his mother cared more about her students then she cared about him. So he decided to take all of them out.
    i was just thinking the same thing. maybe he felt mom cared more about the babies and education than him, so he took it out on them all.

this guy was nuts man totally a monster

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Just imagine how most of these parents already bought those kids their Christmas presents. They are never going to be able to open them.
    yea. wow

Jets Insider VIP
    I have a DVD of the events on 911 . A guy talks about how he pays his daughters cell phone bill every month so he can call and hear her voice on the message. I cry when I see that piece, I guess because my girls are grown BUT they are still your kids.

I think about all these parents with recent film, photos, Xmas gifts.

I think I might just quit my job, sell everything and roam the world helpless and aimless. What a tragedy. What a shame. I really can't imagine returning to work. Why?

Jeez

Latest Im hearing is that lived with his mother, woke up, and shot and killed her. Then drove his mothers car to the school.

Apparently his brother Ryan and his father (parents divorced) are alive and being questioned by police.

Also I think there are stores circulating that this guys girlfriend appears to be missing.
    This is a new low for the media. In the rush for news stories and ratings you have no idea what is credible or not.

The guy is just a jerkoff, this whole thing gives autistic people a bad name.
    Amen. Some of the greatest, kindest, sweet-hearted kids I've ever met in my life were those with Autism. The disability has nothing to do with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    I can only think maybe he thought his mother cared more about her students then she cared about him. So he decided to take all of them out.
    i was just thinking the same thing. maybe he felt mom cared more about the babies and education than him, so he took it out on them all.
    Thing is, I could see a younger child having these feelings. But a 20 year old usually isnt concerned with his moms feelings about him. Makes me think this person was very immature. Is that part of autism. I am not real familiar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Thing is, I could see a younger child having these feelings. But a 20 year old usually isnt concerned with his moms feelings about him. Makes me think this person was very immature. Is that part of autism. I am not real familiar with it.
    no not at all. i teach special ed. autism has nothing to do with this. autistic kids are no more violent than their peers. its ok to ask questions but the people who know nothing about are making silly claims in this thread.

paranoid schitzophrenia manifests itself in the teens. even this is a long shot but at 20, he could have developed it and if he is in deep psychosis he could be capable of violence.

but this is mere speculation of course

@woodyjohnson4: Thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by today's horrific tragedy in Connecticut.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Very heartbreaking. As well as so, so sad! As let us remember the victims, not the killer or killers. And the parents that will never have their kids and how the holidays will be not just this year but for all years to come without their loved ones.

This is one of the worst things I've ever witnessed. I can't begin to understand how these parents and loved ones must feel. Heart breaks today, God bless the victims and their families.

Just put my boys to bed, the thought of any one of them missing Christmas and life being cut so short is beyond words.

I sort of wish they kept things like this out of the news as it gives these emotionally unstable people ideas of how they can punish the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    At least, as professionals, they have training but nothing can prepare you for this.

I'm thinking about other children who may have witnessed this.

regardless who... It will affect you forever.
    Nothing prepares you to cope with another's death, let alone the massacre of children.

Maybe more death.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBeerCompany View Post
    One reason why the shooter had the ID of his oldest brother could be to get into bars or buy alcohol.
    Most likely the case. Although the older brother said he hadn't seen him in two years.

NY Post says both of the semi-auto handguns used to commit the murders belonged to his mother. He had a 223 assault rifle as well but it was found in his car so apparently it was not used. Reported the rifle belonged to the mom as well.

Witnesses report in the neighborhood of 100 rounds fired. That's to be confirmed but if so this sick **** reloaded each of his pistols at least twice, maybe more.

What kind of elementary school teacher owns those weapons and keeps that quantity of ammo around? I can get a single woman wanting a handgun in the house for protection. But two semi auto pistols and an assault rifle?
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 12-14-2012 at 09:40 PM.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 12-15-2012 at 09:55 AM.

All League
    -
    Last edited by 32green; 12-15-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Take it to the political forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    A little defensive? Know what? If you were my kid's kindergarten teacher and I found out you felt the need to own 2 of the three firearms she owned, along with 3 other pistols, 2 "assault" rifles and 3 more rifles, I wouldn't want you anywhere near my kid. What "right do I have to question?" Are you for real? I have the right of a parent, that's my ****ing right.
    + infinity
    Last edited by 32green; 12-15-2012 at 09:56 AM.

-
    Last edited by 32green; 12-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just an FYI - those who have FiOS, FiOS News (501) has fantastic coverage.