Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    and how does a autistic jerk off get a gun?????
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    I am wondering the sameeeeeeeee thing .
    Gun control does not prevent that... something is very fishy... I thought Autistic people do what they are told, and a autistic guy had a GF?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We need more confirmation on this, obviously he was not mentally handicapped (in the sense we use the term) to have pulled off a very cold and calculated crime of this nature. The bulletproof vest, the multiple weapons, dressing in all black, targeting family members, this speaks to a very calculated crime. I'm not sure someone with autism would be capable of an act like this.

This person is pure evil, that is for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    There are varying types of autism. Some people can be highly functional while others might not be.
    As DD said, there are varying forms of autism. If the individual was high-functioning but still deficient in social skills, that would be enough to get him placed on the spectrum. Perhaps he was wrongly placed on the spectrum so that he could receive scholastic services, who knows?

I will say that if he was affected by some for of autism that in some way contributed to this heinous act, the cries of "autistic jerkoffs" will help no one, nor will it excuse the unexplainable. What needs to be done, if what is being currently reported is accurate, is to have the needs of these individuals met as best as possible. That includes attempting to find interventions that will improve their lives and not leave them vulnerable to a society that holds those afflicted with mental disorders typically with abject pity at worst, plain pity at best.

/soapbox.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOW THE MOTHER WAS FOUND DEAD AT THE HOME, not at the school.

AT THE HOME.
    Link?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is unreadable. I have a son in 2nd grade. This is unfathomable. I have tears streaming down my face. Those precious little angels are with God now.
    I havent stopped crying while reading this entire thread.

I have 2 girls...7 yr old first grader and a 5 yr old in pre-K.

I picked them up early today. Just had to hold them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live about 20 miles east. Phone started going off about noon
    I know the area well. Luckily no friends or family impacted that I know of absolutely heart breaking. Been shaking with anger all day. My prayers to all those affected. As some others have said, now is not the time to debate gun control and 2nd amendment rights.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My little sister lives in Newtown, my niece and nephew go to school on the other side of town. Thoughts, and prayers to those families.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    This will go down as one of the most heinous acts in American history. This gu's name will be reviled forever.
    His name is irrelevant and should be forgotten. I've already forgotten the name of the Batman clown.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't stop thinking about these lines from Yeats' "Stolen Child", about faeries who steal a child away from the human world:

Away with us he's going,
    The solemn-eyed -
    He'll hear no more the lowing
    Of the calves on the warm hillside
    Or the kettle on the hob
    Sing peace into his breast,
    Or see the brown mice bob
    Round and round the oatmeal chest

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    Can't stop thinking about these lines from Yeats' "Stolen Child", about faeries who steal a child away from the human world:

Away with us he's going,
    The solemn-eyed -
    He'll hear no more the lowing
    Of the calves on the warm hillside
    Or the kettle on the hob
    Sing peace into his breast,
    Or see the brown mice bob
    Round and round the oatmeal chest

Wow...very fitting and infinitely sad.

-

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    and how does a autistic jerk off get a gun?????
    Registered to his mother

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My wife has a friend whose son is in kindergarten at that school.

She was on a plane flying back from California when the story broke, didn't get the news until she landed that he was in the other kindergarten class (there are only two) and that he was okay. The husband was frantically trying to get to her before she saw a TV at the gate.

SAR I
    Jeez

Latest Im hearing is that lived with his mother, woke up, and shot and killed her. Then drove his mothers car to the school.

Apparently his brother Ryan and his father (parents divorced) are alive and being questioned by police.

Also I think there are stores circulating that this guys girlfriend appears to be missing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    crash, imagine those poor families (And not just the devastated parents, but siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends...) going back to their homes with decorated Christmas trees and hiding spots full of gifts which will never be opened by those poor murdered children? So many lives have been irrevocably ruined by that one POS.

I would flip out.
    So sad. Once a person experiences the sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one in such a traumatic fashion that person's never the same.

I'm heartbroken for all of the families and loved ones who now have to live with this horror.

The first weeks will be a blur with the funerals and working through writing thank you notes for the support.

Then people stop calling and coming by to see how you're holding up. Food stops coming from neighbors.

That's when it really hits you that your loved one is gone. Forever

Hug your kids. I'm going to hug mine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

You know its weird. Today as I was getting ready for work I threw on Spotify seemingly like I do every day, and "Father and Daughter" by Paul Smon came on. I have always thought that this was a great song about parenthood, kids etc. I couldn't wait to have children and sing them this song.

Now Im not so sure I would want to bring anything into this world. Just a bunch of sad ****. Its safe to say that I don't think I will be listening to that tune for quite some time.

God Bless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What about the detectives and law enforcement that are inspecting the crime scene. Walking through a room of dead children.

How do you go home and go to bed after that.
    At least, as professionals, they have training but nothing can prepare you for this.

I'm thinking about other children who may have witnessed this.

regardless who... It will affect you forever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    As DD said, there are varying forms of autism. If the individual was high-functioning but still deficient in social skills, that would be enough to get him placed on the spectrum. Perhaps he was wrongly placed on the spectrum so that he could receive scholastic services, who knows?

I will say that if he was affected by some for of autism that in some way contributed to this heinous act, the cries of "autistic jerkoffs" will help no one, nor will it excuse the unexplainable. What needs to be done, if what is being currently reported is accurate, is to have the needs of these individuals met as best as possible. That includes attempting to find interventions that will improve their lives and not leave them vulnerable to a society that holds those afflicted with mental disorders typically with abject pity at worst, plain pity at best.

/soapbox.

The guy is just a jerkoff, this whole thing gives autistic people a bad name. There are stories circulating that he also had OCD, and had clashed frequently with this strict mother.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes it that much more ****ed up that the kid would kill the MOTHER AT THE HOME and then go to the school.

This is wack.
    in some strange way,i find the concept of kids running away and taking a round in the back easier to deal with than locking doors and watching their friends get picked off in horror while waiting their turn

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    So sad. Once a person experiences the sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one in such a traumatic fashion that person's never the same.

I'm heartbroken for all of the families and loved ones who now have to live with this horror.

The first weeks will be a blur with the funerals and working through writing thank you notes for the support.

Then people stop calling and coming by to see how you're holding up. Food stops coming from neighbors.

That's when it really hits you that your loved one is gone. Forever

Hug your kids. I'm going to hug mine.

If this happened to me I could pretty much guarantee you that I probably wouldn't be able to live to see the next Christmas. I mean, how the hell do you go on after something like that? I don't know if I could.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The worst part of this for the viewing public will be when they start putting faces on the victims. I am sure there is a class photo. Just chilling when you think about it.

Every time there is one of these tragedies I always tell myself that nothing will surprise me anymore and then something like this happens. Makes you wonder about our society and what people are actually capable of doing. We live in a world where you can't take your children coming home from school for granted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it certainly puts your own personal problems in perspective

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wtf why would he kill mom and then drive to school and kill that class....makes no sense at all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only think maybe he thought his mother cared more about her students then she cared about him. So he decided to take all of them out.